View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 what is slow rank anymore? 

With so many ships top, bottom, middle not ranking as much anymore--it almost seems a misnomer to label so many people as slow rankers.

What is the expectation of rank? 2 a week? 5 a week? From my own tracking, I find that I rank about 38 times a month on average. This mean a rank a day plsu a little change--or about 8 ranks a week. My play time in game varies, but to make a guess, call it hour and a half a day (not really looking at quick collect as playing).

Lower ranks seem to be waiting to collect badges and ramp up to face mission challenges. High ranks seem to want to save leveling for seasonals and specific events, and mid ranks seem to be hiding from the high ranks and trying to encourage low ranks to level up more.

Or could it be real life, school, family, lack on interest, changes that have happened in game culture? Whatever the case, I would love to know how many people rank to average 1/day? And if we think its less than half (Which personally sounds correct) maybe its time to reconsider what slow rank means.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Personally I see slow ranking in a broadest concept as choosing not to rank when you clearly have the e available to for an extended period of time, until what you desire to achieve before ranking has been completed. In this sense, ranking takes a back seat to other goals. You rank because you achieved a goal, instead of ranking to achieve a goal.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Yep, pretty much what Trinity said.

Not sure why it needs to be defined any further tbh: slow ranking really is just ranking slowly in comparison to others, whether through strategy, limited time or only casual interest.

I'm not convinced that so many people are not ranking that the whole term "slow ranking" has lost meaning.
For every Ludis, TBP, Maelstrom etc, there are always others that rank much faster.
Compared to their peers with similar days played, all are ranking slower, so to call them slow rankers seems fair enough to me.

For example, if you are Rank 190 after 2+ years, it's probably fair to say you're a slow ranker - whatever the reason, you are still ranking slowly compared with people that reach Rank 750 or above in that same time.
We both know a whole bucketload of players that have done that at least that quickly.

Of course, it is a game not a job, so people will and should have other stuff they want and need to do.
Same old, same old as far as I can see :)

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Slow ranking? Whats that?

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:21 pm

As always, diego and funk speak da truth and with insight. Trinity --dead on as well imo.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:28 pm

I have a similar issue with the concepts of SSB/MSB/LSB, it's an ill defined and extremely subjective categorization.

Don't worry though, you can keep trying to find a place in this world.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:36 am

what's the avg rank nowadays?

The Dark Justice, assisting New Ship Members w/Everyday Even Strong Artifacts Payout

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Sometimes I rank once a day, (or more often if I'm trying to do the Darmos Drone Hunt), and sometimes I rank once in 2-3 days. Just depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. If I'm doing a LM NPC hunt then I'll rank more often. If I'm doing a LM that requires a lot of energy, but gives very little or no exp, I'll rank a lot less during that time. Lately been going slower. A few weeks ago though I was doing the Darmos NPC hunt, so I ranked 14 times in 3 days to complete it.

Since 12/2/2014 I've ranked 27 times. 14 of those were for the Darmos NPC hunt. Hmmm. Interesting to look at that. Didn't realize I was going THAT slowly till I wrote this up. lol.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm an unintentional slow ranker. I've been playing 4+ years and I'm rank 1134. That's partially from taking breaks during that time, and partially because i don't enjoy NPCing. Also, im content to hop on my phone a few times a day and collect my resources, then get on when i get home and play for a bit. Then other times I'll binge play and use 2 full energy bars on PVP and basing. For the most part i enjoy doing the things that have lower energy/xp ratios, so i haven't ranked much compared to most players.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:19 am

To slow rank is to efficiently reach your goals early on when it is easy to brace and prepare yourself for a big leap in game content when you are ready to move on.

In efficient slow ranking, one becomes knowledgeable of the game with time to prevent future mistakes and plan for them before puting them in to action.

Some low ranked slow rankers simply slow rank to build a large enough crew and ship strength without the need of modules, enough to sustain themselves before becoming a taltherian, while higher ranked players still slow rank to get as much production as they can before ranking up.

However, there are those of us who are more likely to slow rank because of misfortunate results in finding good planets to upgrade or when goals like trinity said are not met.

Even so, till this day many slow rankers are motivated to rank slowly in order to patiently wait for more efficient modules to possibly come out that does not have a low shelf life and are waiting for the game to evolve with more features to experience new content.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:48 am

Ludis wrote:
Even so, till this day many slow rankers are motivated to rank slowly in order to patiently wait for more efficient modules to possibly come out that does not have a low shelf life and are waiting for the game to evolve with more features to experience new content.

this is a big one, back before legion missions, how many slow rankers were there complaining of not enough content :P now that legion missions are out that clamoring has ceased, but im sure it will start up again sometime, then again there is that thread in the pub asking when new ones are going to come out....

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]