View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 what race is the theortical best? 

senatorhung wrote:
of my 243 planets, excluding toxic/irradiated and storage planets, the total number of planets with AP as the LOWEST resource is ... ZERO.

Really? You're scanning VM metallics/gas with AP being the highest? Sure, you will find some oceans like that but very few.

In the end, Quasis are few and far between. There are only so many free ways to increase a planets size so starting with a bigger planet is the way to go.

The question was why would you need talth when you can farm terraformers. The answer is so you don't get stuck with a 15/12/15 VM metallic or a 13/13/17 plasma.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:43 am

ODragon wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
of my 243 planets, excluding toxic/irradiated and storage planets, the total number of planets with AP as the LOWEST resource is ... ZERO.

Really? You're scanning VM metallics/gas with AP being the highest? Sure, you will find some oceans like that but very few.

In the end, Quasis are few and far between. There are only so many free ways to increase a planets size so starting with a bigger planet is the way to go.

The question was why would you need talth when you can farm terraformers. The answer is so you don't get stuck with a 15/12/15 VM metallic or a 13/13/17 plasma.

7 VM metallics, all are storage or in prep to become storage.
5 colossal plasmas are storage
1 colossal plasma is 15x 20x 17x ... and that only happened when i stole a VM gas with stealth screen that the original owner had already started boosting. i evened out the resources at around 2x and terraformed it up from there.

24 mining planets - toxic / irradiated / demon ... all 15x and up

everything else i occupy has arti as the highest resource, or tied for the highest.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:00 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
everything else i occupy has arti as the highest resource, or tied for the highest.

You're missing the point but it's okay, that happens.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:18 am

senatorhung wrote:

so basickly you have atleast 24 planets where you could taketo x15/ x20 with talith ability and E-crystals

but the real point is, if you want to make a planet like these 2

the easy way to do it is to find a barren/toxic
even out the scores with data optimizers, gift/tributes and the talith ability
take it to x14/x15/x15 with terraformers for the toxic and then use 1 purifyer + 5 E-crystals before you transform it
or simply x15/x15/x15 + 5 e-crystals for the barren

you wont find many barren or toxic where artifact is the highest score
and you could even use a toxic you have already taken to x16, if you dont mind using the talith ability a lot of times to max it

Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:44 am

@Kjreed

From the last post to me.

Consistent, efficient rapid increase in artifact production, whether it is from sheer effort, increasing it efficiently with galaxy points or both can possibly still surpass those who also do these things and use the taltherian ability at the same time to a certain degree depending on how good they are at maximizing their planets for more of it and how well they play.

In that case, the player makes the biggest difference in increasing their artifact production properly or not with any method they choose and not the race. There is still no best race, seeing how situational the results may be for each player and their ship growth.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:43 am

pssst..zol spy...

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Ludis wrote:
@Kjreed

From the last post to me.

Consistent, efficient rapid increase in artifact production, whether it is from sheer effort, increasing it efficiently with galaxy points or both can possibly still surpass those who also do these things and use the taltherian ability at the same time to a certain degree depending on how good they are at maximizing their planets for more of it and how well they play.

In that case, the player makes the biggest difference in increasing their artifact production properly or not with any method they choose and not the race. There is still no best race, seeing how situational the results may be for each player and their ship growth.

The question though is posed as the same persons results as different races. I do agree that player effort and ability plays a much larger part that race profession, but i see no way that in this 1person world health talth would not come out ahead

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Not forgetting that Talth can pick Excavator as a profession and something garbage like Sillixx can't. It's plainly obvious that some races are superior to others, attempting to argue otherwise is simply wrong.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:20 pm

DarkMar wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

so basickly you have atleast 24 planets where you could taketo x15/ x20 with talith ability and E-crystals

nope. only 3 of them are C ... with one VM toxic ... so that makes 4 planets that i might consider using the talth ability. i understand the size argument, but i have 12 VM oceanic / gaia / sentient / crystal stolen from others that will all get boosted to 15x 20x 15x before i consider switching to talth to uplift VM gas planets. of those 12 VM ... as i said before .. ZERO would benefit from the talth ability at the moment.

so no, i'm not going to waste time on talth until much later in my GL career. what's clear from this discussion is that the race you pick determines the kinds of planets you take. that undercuts the argument that Talth is the end all and be all, which is what the OP is trying to determine. so, i would echo Ludis in stating that there is NO best race, just as there is NO best ship size.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:59 am
Profile WWW

Pssst...... Sillix Merchant.....just sayin' :lol:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:23 am

i bet he likes big decks and he cannot lie...?

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:05 pm

I, too, am partial to big decked ships...

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:24 pm

senatorhung wrote:
so no, i'm not going to waste time on talth until much later in my GL career. what's clear from this discussion is that the race you pick determines the kinds of planets you take. that undercuts the argument that Talth is the end all and be all, which is what the OP is trying to determine. so, i would echo Ludis in stating that there is NO best race, just as there is NO best ship size.

as I sayed .

DarkMar wrote:
my bedst guess is you will be a lot stronger if you use the 10+ Sphere of the New Era you should be pick up during those 5 years, to switch betwen races and proffessions and to get as many medals, special systems and Legion mission rewards etc with as few race changes as posible.

personaly maxed a few planets with the Talth ability and terraformers
then I went Uldrinan to get the Uldrinan Henxicant and put Uldri Power Node (and Uldri Crystal Field) on my x22 planets
and atm, I'm Litheor to make sure I also have Deep-Phase Probes on all my x22 planets as well, for the size1, artifact 2 and extra cloak bonus
and after that, I'll proberly go back to Uldrinan, to put Uldri Power Node on my new x22 planets

so I dont neseary see talth as The end race or the bedst race - it just give you an easy way to improve your artifact production without having to gain any exp = ranks
if you have the planets for it you can improve your production quite a lot as both Uldrinan or Litheor

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:33 pm

I will agree that at this point there is no best.
But under the conditions of the question no race will best talth for ship strength.

ICBLF wrote:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:57 pm

zol spy..

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Yeah, we're kinda getting away from the original parameters of the question. If we stick to the original question it's hard to see Talth not coming out on top. However, the scenario posed by the question is extremely unlikely. I can't imagine anyone ever going anywhere near that long without changing races. That's part of the fun/complexity of the game; deciding when/where/why to change races to get stronger.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:36 pm

KJReed wrote:
But under the conditions of the question no race will best talth for ship strength.

I'm not 100% convinsed about that KJReed,
if you sit and does nothing but upgrade planets, sure talth wins every time

but, the Konqul 20% bonus to ship Attack might make the difrence betwen stealing a nice x15+ artifact planet, and failing the invasion

and until you have enought attack to hit the dammage cap on all NPC, the Drannik 40% increase to attack against NPCs increase your dammage vs NPC = less energy (and exp) to kill them = more npc kills pr rank = more terraformers pr rank
and to some extend, you also have this effect from Konqul

how you play the game, have a huge impact on how usefull those 3 abilityes are, so

how farst you rank and how many ranks you gain total over those 5 years
how many NPC you kill pr rank ( = terraformers, Data optimizers and Toxic Purifier pr rank)
how many planets you scan, theire quality and how many enemy artifact planets your attack alows you to steal
and once your production becomes high enougth, storidge.

also playes a huge role in this

you are not going to do badly, spending your time as Talth.

but teknicaly if you rank farst enougth on pure NPC kills to pick up 1 extra terraformer every 2 days from extra NPC's you can kill pr rank by beeing Drannik/Konqul, talth wouldnt realy give you an advantage
to do that, you would need around 150 bonus kills pr day, so at low rank we could easily be talking 30+ ranks pr day.
it wouldnt nesearily be a good stradegy, and unless you are cheating and using scripts and automation, I'm not sure you could actualy kill NPC's farst enougth for that

but the point here is, it hard to compair race abilityes, as how usefull they realy are depends on how you play the game

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:06 pm

maybe the obvious oversight here is that many could just continue to play with all their alts...thus utilizing each race simultaneuosly!!

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Re read the question that is posed please.
There are no planets to steal.
You are the only one in the galaxy.
And while for a period drannik and konqul may have a temporary early(somewhat early that is. After the% increase has a high enough base to matter.) efficiency bonus(hitting damage cap doesn't matter, just min hits) that bonus isn't going to create a large gap and also fades over the 5year period.

ICBLF wrote:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:52 pm

KJReed wrote:
Re read the question that is posed please.
There are no planets to steal.
You are the only one in the galaxy.

you are wrong, as I read it - theire are actualy 16 players in the universe, 1 from each race
so you can steal planets from the other 15 players if you can find theire planets

where or not that will be posible depends on how many planets theire are 8,818,708 or only a few 1000 to fight over

draxsiss wrote:
ok so if you were take 1 player for each race, start them all off rank 1 (even unlock able races), assume their are 0 other players in the universe.Which race comes out on top?

as for, drannik and konqul may have a temporary early advantages, I disagrey with that
higher attack = you will be able to autorank on NPC kills with less max energy then other races, for every 4 ranks you gain you will be able to colonize 1 more planet
so if you are able to rank farster then the other races, you will also be able to increase your production faster, as each planet you colonize = + 100 to 300 extra production pr hour

and for the same reason, even the human, 10% bonus to all Experience gains or the Inergon 10% bonus to max Energy isnt all bad in a setup like this one...

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2