View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 What is better? Cloak or defense? (For your ship) 

How much cloak would be necessary to to be hidden?

Is it better to be
A. Hidden with no defense
B. A hard target to go for

Meh? :o

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:07 am

defense if player has a ship like mine i have 12k cloak but pushing close to 14k scan no buffs so ships that are like mine if be best to have defense since cloak would not hide your ship anyways and who cares if they hit your ship that just means more targets

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:27 am

cause i like my stats :) if i can avoid being disabled life is good man

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:35 am

so cloak wont keep me from being seen?

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:35 am

right now im defense route sporting around 12600 with 990 decks --- but if cloak would be better then hey ill do cloak. whatever keeps me not disabled

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:41 am

if you go Zolazin (+40% Cloak), Spy (+ 20% cloak) use a Stealth Optimizer (+30% cloak for 24 hours ) and install all cloak modules in the game, you can get up to around 26K cloak on ship

that would make you more or less imposible to find for anyone not playing as Explorer (+20% scan) and running heavy scan boosts during PvP, unless you hit them first or you get alerted in theire legion

see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37784 for numbers on max scan, but it not 100% up to date, as dan have added a few scan modules since it was last updated

but if you are hitting enemy ships or invading planets, cloak doesnt realy help you that mutch

Last edited by DarkMar on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:47 am

thanks dark!!

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:50 am

Do you want to go zolazin spy and avoid doing anything that will give someone a link to your ship?
If yes then you can hide from people in your rank range assuming you have enough of the cloak modules. There are lots of them out there from legion missions and elites.

Defense won't save you from being disabled. 200k defense doesn't save me from people with emps who really want me dead. It just makes it less likely that they have the action count to take all my raids or hacks.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:50 am

Tree7304 wrote:
Do you want to go zolazin spy and avoid doing anything that will give someone a link to your ship?
If yes then you can hide from people in your rank range assuming you have enough of the cloak modules. There are lots of them out there from legion missions and elites.

Defense won't save you from being disabled. 200k defense doesn't save me from people with emps who really want me dead. It just makes it less likely that they have the action count to take all my raids or hacks.

Nah I wont change from talth excav. until i decide i want uld. market items. Honestly i would go all in with hull if i could simply because of the emp situation

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:55 am

Your better off in the long run, by staying Tal. excavator, but if your goal is to be disabled less but remain active in pvp and planet thefts, then Laz fixer will keep most people from attacking you. But no matter what if you want to be disabled less keep pushing artifact productions.
So i would say B. Hard target will mean less disables.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]