View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 No longer laughable...(Texas Toast's Shiplog) 

September update is a few days late so that I can coincide it with the start of Chuhn and have the seasonal statistics handy w/o any extra work...

First, my default build:

Engineers and TACOs each reached 20k this week, so went all engineers until I had 25k max energy and now think I'll go all-TACOs for a while. I also hit the last ship-size medal by crossing 4400 decks. I'm really tempted to just add extra decks even for the low scan and cloak per deck modules, just so that I don't have to move things around anymore on a scan blitz, especially as I can now see the new stryll NPCs and will presumably be scanning a bit more often than I used to in order to be able to kill the darn things. It's not like my damage cap really matters at this point.

I am still at 10 allies, all at rank 100 except for Peepers who is rank 76. So by the end of the month, I'll get to start gathering corruption. In preparation of such, I've been using my tesseracts and MSPs instead of making polychoron vaults for the last month or so, and am up to 139,950 cargo space. (Though I do have over 80 MSPs I haven't gotten around to turning in yet and will probably do so tomorrow, plus over 800 tesseracts that I've been saving for the seasonal mission which will get used towards the end of the month for whatever is left over...I'd been holding 840 in case there were 4 full weeks of the seasonal and it turns out it's a few days shy of that, though still more than a week longer than I was expecting so that's okay.)

I have finally surpassed a +500 kill/death differential, and expect that that will improve even more during Chuhn as I expect to do a lot of NPCing but already have 17 open planet slots so there's no point in halcing up...I need to invade every day and will only be ranking up w/all of the NPCing I'll be doing. Might as well disable a few folks along the way.

I'm halfway to the last hacking medal, so that's nice too, with 4034 hacks. I've been hitting triple digit action counts at least a few times a week, mostly through hacking.

Production currently sits at:
Minerals 58858 units / hour (6.3 hours)
Artifacts 63526 points / hour (8.3 hours)
Research 69184 research / hour (5.6 hours)

Since I plan to switch from Litheor Excavator to Drannik Merchant tomorrow morning, I expect my artifacts will be somewhere around 57751/hour instead (9.2 hours)...but at least I can look forward to going back to excavator in January some time and enjoying that extra 10%. I'm planning to hit the Can't Get You Out of My Mind medal now that I have finished all the racial chains, which leaves Drannik Merchant now, a Xecti of some sort next month through the end of the year, a Lazuli biologist to place the rest of my stryll bioresearch bays, and then going Taltherian Excavator for a while to turn some of my really big crappier planets into really big not as crappy planets. I need a pair of sphere's of the new influence to get those last two, though, as I only have 2 left...so there's a good chance I'll be Talth Excavator for most of next year (though hopefully I'll get 3 spheres at the new year if I time things well enough.)

Speaking of medals, I'm up to 2065 medal points.

Now for the Chuhn specific stats, for the start of the seasonal:
- 114189 Non-Player Kills
- 1084 CTP on hand
- 2300 CTP out on loan
- 5000 CTP loaned to me
- Net starting CTP: -1616
- Ranks for Peepers to go: 24 (4800 CTP)
- Corruption Chain CTP to go: 20,000 CTP
- CTP Engineering CTP required: 1,165 CTP
- Net required CTP: 25,965
- CTP Required before I can start donating to our base: 27,581

Obviously, I'll be trading CTP to the Chuhn and will likely visit the UST a few times, but I'll also be collecting a lot of CTP on top of what I'll be scrapping and expect that I'll collect more than I'll spend through normal NPCing, so anything over that 27.5k CTP should be able to immediately and safely be earmarked for the legion base.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:49 am

Starting cargo: 111271.2
Starting ctp: 886

165 Adumbrate Station(s) scrapped for 1352 Complex Tech Parts
5 Akulan Gas Ingestor(s) scrapped for 73 Complex Tech Parts
12 Archaic Stasis Cells(s) scrapped for 171 Complex Tech Parts
49 Continuum Parser(s) scrapped for 3785 Complex Tech Parts
190 Dark Anti-Beacon(s) scrapped for 2703 Complex Tech Parts
231 Dark Phase Engine(s) scrapped for 3428 Complex Tech Parts
8 Dark Pylon Shifter(s) scrapped for 153 Complex Tech Parts
8 Elios Stormburst Ray(s) scrapped for 144 Complex Tech Parts
14 Encephalon Core(s) scrapped for 737 Complex Tech Parts
1 Hall of Torment(s) scrapped for 4 Complex Tech Parts
17 HyperSensor Satellite(s) scrapped for 57 Complex Tech Parts
3 Interrogation Center(s) scrapped for 38 Complex Tech Parts
109 Interrogation Stronghold(s) scrapped for 2028 Complex Tech Parts
32 Klorvis Shroud Generator(s) scrapped for 605 Complex Tech Parts
30 Klorvis Troop Gateway(s) scrapped for 340 Complex Tech Parts
117 Lazuli Darkmines(s) scrapped for 713 Complex Tech Parts
3 Lazuli Pylon(s) scrapped for 94 Complex Tech Parts
1 Lepus Surveyor(s) scrapped for 13 Complex Tech Parts
5 Lepus Widecaster(s) scrapped for 100 Complex Tech Parts
1 Mylarai Plasma Lance(s) scrapped for 24 Complex Tech Parts
4 Octafari Deflector(s) scrapped for 66 Complex Tech Parts
10 Omni-Field Regulator(s) scrapped for 181 Complex Tech Parts
28 Scythe Plating(s) scrapped for 259 Complex Tech Parts
106 Sha'din Forcevoider(s) scrapped for 6004 Complex Tech Parts
1 Sha'din Grid Network(s) scrapped for 9 Complex Tech Parts
1 Sha'din Grid Network(s) scrapped for 9 Complex Tech Parts
107 Sha'din Hypergrid Core(s) scrapped for 6305 Complex Tech Parts
57 Sha'din Hyperport Network(s) scrapped for 1001 Complex Tech Parts
12 Sha'din Hypervoider(s) scrapped for 111 Complex Tech Parts
16 Sha'din Security Terminal(s) scrapped for 229 Complex Tech Parts
8 Silthion Hybrid Utricle(s) scrapped for 175 Complex Tech Parts
222 Silthion Gas Vesicle(s) scrapped for 3459 Complex Tech Parts
21 Silthion T-Phase Utricle(s) scrapped for 246 Complex Tech Parts
7 Silthion T-Plasma Hub(s) scrapped for 98 Complex Tech Parts
13 Silthion T-Plasma Vesicle(s) scrapped for 218 Complex Tech Parts
4 Stacked Attiroth Plating(s) scrapped for 69 Complex Tech Parts
6 Statue of the Magnus(s) scrapped for 66 Complex Tech Parts
4 Stryll Locator Eye(s) scrapped for 86 Complex Tech Parts
57 T.O. Harmonic TeraPulser(s) scrapped for 1279 Complex Tech Parts
1 T.O. Heliofield(s) scrapped for 9 Complex Tech Parts
137 T.O. Phase Barrier(s) scrapped for 3764 Complex Tech Parts
4 Taltherian Sentry(s) scrapped for 68 Complex Tech Parts
25 Toxic Processing Plant(s) scrapped for 478 Complex Tech Parts
1 Void Barrier Chassis(s) scrapped for 19 Complex Tech Parts
13 X-Pulse Tower(s) scrapped for 222 Complex Tech Parts
65 XRP Warp Inhibitor(s) scrapped for 779 Complex Tech Parts
46 XRP Warp-Charge Pack(s) scrapped for 705 Complex Tech Parts
64 XRP Battery Pack(s) scrapped for 816 Complex Tech Parts

Ending cargo: 108968.2 (net loss of 2,303 arties)
Ending ctp: 47512 (net gain of 46,626 ctp)

So...that's my first run through my cargo on things I know I don't need. I didn't scrap everything I could, and will run through again at the end of the month for more. But...not too bad, was really hoping for 40k+ ctp and got over 46k.

So that's 19,045 ctp I can earmark for base donations.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:35 pm

A day late for my October update so these numbers include enough NPCing to do the disturbance at ryelis...which admittedly isn't much since even though you have to find 50 of those things they do come up quite often, I'm guessing I only went through 400 or so NPCs if that...

Anyway, default build:

Engineers and TACOs are still going up. It took about 8 days to go from 21k to 22k TACOs, so not quite 1000 per week seems likely at this point. I added enough decks to just leave all of my scan items except composite rays perma-installed, as that makes it easier for genosynth hunting. (I've taken down 5 or 6 now, of the 8 or 9 I've been on, still no ship module though.) I figured it out and have about 200 decks to add to put all my cloak items on, even the really inefficient ones...at this point, I'm almost thinking that I might as well...

All of my allies are now at rank 100, with Peepers getting there just a couple days ago. My first two visions were of adventure (still waiting to collect on #2) so hopefully that means I'll ahve enough relic badges to get and max Vortov in relatively short order.

I'll admit...I've kind of enjoyed being a drannik merchant. The NPC boost made Chuhn pretty easy, and it's been nice to just use the dark rootnode once every day or two when my cargo fills up instead of trying to manage my cargo every 12 hours without having too much drift. Hopefully all of the MSPs (and tesseracts, now that Chuhn is over) that I've been adding will at least contribute a bit to that once I switch to a Xecti after Bane starts.

General plan at the moment is to stay Drannik until after I've done a scan blitz and gotten the super-bane upgrade arties, and then killed a few of those super-banes, to take advantage of the extra 40% attack. Once that's done, I'll switch to Xecti to help my planets defend themselves from the invasions sure to come this month. I'll then remain Xecti until January when I switch to Lazuli for the medals and to place my bio-research bays, and then go Talth for a good long stretch and work on some project planets.

I wound up not doing a whole lot in the way of PvP during Chuhn. I went through 11,940 NPCs (including my legion mission yesterday)...probably about 11,500 total I'll guess. Here's what I found:

9 Chuhn Stem-Bolts(Artifact)
4 Crate of Goridian Ale(Artifact)
2 Exo-Galactic Contraption(Artifact)
1 Eye of Perseus(Artifact)
6 Fornax Jewel(Artifact)
4 Furlinium-F Spanner(Artifact)
1 Prejor V3 Grav-Hutch(Artifact)
3 Triangulum Sparkmatter(Artifact)

So, that's 30 Chuhn merchants. So, one every 383-398 NPCs depending on which number you go off of above. Which isn't too bad; early on I was averaging about every 430 NPCs, and then it evened out at about 400 NPCs per Chuhn for most of the month until I got a good slate of them towards the end. Which is good as that Grav-Hutch proved difficult to find. I wouldn't have minded an extra Eye, though...

The last few days I haven't been so good about buffing my rift and dyson, but without a lot of bonuses here is where I'm sitting for production:

Minerals 55340 units / hour (6.7 hours)
Artifacts 53645 points / hour (9.9 hours)
Research 69533 research / hour (5.6 hours)

(Just put buffs up on the rift, at least the easily repeatable ones, and got to 57k/57k/71k. So that's good.)

Since I haven't been invading, that hasn't changed a whole lot. That will change as soon as Bane arrives as I plan to invade at least once per day.

I sold a whole bunch of stuff during Chuhn, including the list above at the very beginning, but I ended the month with 46,504 ctp. I finished ranking Peepers, so no need for CTP for that anymore, and I made good on all my loans (to and fro), as well as finishing the CTP engineering chain. Turns out, Sulcation Portals are size:2...so not nearly as good as I thought. Oh well. My only real remaining CTP drain is the corruption chain once I reach that in a few months, plus whatever new Dan throws at us...so that makes for 26,000 ctp I can donate towards getting into a level 8 base.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:24 pm

Been a bit since I've updated, but I usually have extra buffs on and too lazy to do the math.

Everything is moving along nicely. Here's my default, unbuffed build:

I've gone whole-hog on the decks, and just add them as I need them. There's enough things now that give you bonuses for 1k decks and honestly, the difference between a 2400 damage cap and a 3900 damage cap isn't really that big of a deal. If somebody is going to disable me, then it'll be done. Frankly, getting badged isn't really that big of a deal to me anyway so I don't stress about it.

I hit my engineer goal, so now working on bringing TACOs up to 30k before adding any more engineers (other than my dailies from the lutuma module.) I haven't been adding android scientists since I'm assuming that sooner or later we'll make a discovery in the CT Lab and I'll have a better use for them, so they only grow from NPCing now.

I'm currently at 2200 of 3135 medal points and once I finish hunting Lazuli Harrowers and placing all of my Stryll Bioresearch Bays, I'll be switching to Taltherian and finishing the NI as each race medal. Planning to stay Talth for the foreseeable future and turn some of my larger and crappier planets into nice 20x arti planets. I have a lot of terraformers and crystals and planet transformers begging to be used, after all...

I'm down to my last 2 allies that I need to get. I'll get Solynia in the Summer when I hit my 3 year anniversary, and I'll get the Darmos Drone as soon as that mission comes up one more time. I'm really enjoying Peepers and his visions, and am currently working towards getting some new ones. I'm currently 7 of 26 in Corrupted Influence, and once I finish up The Vethereal Prisoner (18 of 26) I'll start doubling up on Corrupted Influence.

Currently working on gathering blues for the Sileena chain, and as a consequence I am moving towards the last hacking medal at pretty good speed. I only need 155 more blue badges to have enough to finish that mission up, which will only be a few days away, and once I have the Jam Attenuator I'll go back to hacking a lot when I can get the bonus badges until I've either gotten the medal or (potentially) gotten on the hacks leaderboard.

The next Sileena mission will take a while with the NPCing required so the corruption chain will be getting my attention.

I have far too many empty planet slots, so will be going back to an invasion a day at least until Q-Pedd when I might sit under a calming amp for a little bit. Not sure if I have much in the way of production buffs right now, haven't checked yet today, but here is what I'm currently bringing in:

Minerals 79451 units / hour (5.5 hours)
Artifacts 70613 points / hour (8.5 hours)
Research 84748 research / hour (5.2 hours)

Minerals have gotten a lot of attention because I've decided I like invading irradiated planets and collecting the exotic matter. Lots of uses for Exotic Matter these days, and handy to be able to send it to whoever needs it for legion missions. I'm currently sitting on about 1 million EM and 44k ctp after making a few contributions to our legion base (now at level 8!)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Well, I feel better about my ship. You basically doubled in size in a tiny amount of time, which was my plan.

I'm like 3,700 kills and under 400 deaths. My goal is to be laughable, but I still need badges. The irony is setting in....

You know, you disabled me frequently, and if I had been active all these years I would had you up like Texas Toast Yum.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:31 am

I reached a point where I decided "screw it, a few thousand extra decks won't matter at this point" and just put enough on to get the benefits of an LSB since I was nowhere near a SSB damage cap anyway. Being disabled isn't that big of a deal, so if somebody is willing/wanting to do it, then I don't really care, especially if I'm offline.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:28 pm

I just figured I'll help people out who still need the reds, because I really don't. I only need yellows and my crews are crybabies.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:09 am

For the latest update, I am toiling away at the Sileena chain, currently on the Strazi Scout mission, 9 of 26 (though that will be 11 of 26 by the end of the day.) I want to rush through to get to the last mission, not because I necessarily want to rush through (it's a HOG for energy...120k daily by doing it twice!) but because I am going to need to use a lot] of purgers to finish that last mission and would like to be able to scan during Lepus so I'm hoping to get through this mission and the next one before Lepus ends just to work on acquiring the arties I need for the last mission while scanning.

So, I've been a bit lax in working on the corruption chain, which means I usually wind up with the punishing gaze a few times a week for a day or so. No big deal, though; I can still buff and 1-shot most NPCs that I could 1-shot without it. That'll be a bit more difficult when I get to the later missions...right now it's only -20% (28 of 40 on Vision of Oruas). I'm at 12 of 30 corruption needed for my last vision with Peepers, so about a month away from being able to use smaller amounts at a time and not having to collect 30-50 corruption at a time.

Here's my current stats:

I think without the punishing gaze I'd be at 46876 unbuffed...but note that I have some of my guns uninstalled right now to give me the few extra energy points on rankups and cubes/etc for the Sileena mission. Just leaving them offline until I finish the current one.

I got my TACOs up to my goal and was starting to split them evenly, but with this mission, I'm going whole-hog engineers until I'm through it and then will get TACOs back up again. I got a second assembly line during Q-Pedd (and upgraded my old one) so that's been nice.

For allies, I've gotten the Darmos Drone and am ranking him up daily. The only ones I am missing are locked by time at 3 years and 7 years, which despite getting one of my 2 remaining allies means I still have 2 remaining allies.

I've mostly been ignoring my kill differential. I try to get out at least a few times a week to hack everybody in site now that I have a fully upgraded jam attenuator, and when I find folks that aren't too much effort to disable (or find somebody that annoys me) then I'll disable them. So, slowly but steadily increasing my differential, now it is at +573. Badges are nice, and I especially like the extra greens I get during hacking.

I'm on my last planet at 7500+ cloak to get that medal, about 4 days to go if I remember to use it twice a day. I'm a few thousand hacks away from that medal. I'm at 2325 total medal points now, and I've lost count on how many hyperturbines I've placed now that my legion finally found them; 8 or 10, I'd guess, maybe 12. My limiting factor is how fast I can collect 200 MSPs, which is about once per week after I worked through my supply.

Minerals 82122 units / hour (5.6 hours)
Artifacts 82855 points / hour (7.6 hours)
Research 92367 research / hour (5.0 hours)

Right now I don't have many if any buffs on my better artifact planets; usually it's in the low 90ks just from buffing my rift. So, my capacity is definitely filling overnight now.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:53 pm

I double my artifact since your last update. I'm creeping up on ya!

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:33 am

desolira wrote:
I double my artifact since your last update. I'm creeping up on ya!

Nice work!

Been too busy with work to do a ton of PvP since my last update, which means I haven't been invading as much either. Heck, my log is full of planets I haven't fluxed and unbricked yet...

Hopefully after I get home from a conference next week I'll have a little spare time to at least unbrick things and start grabbing new planets so I can leap ahead a bit again. :)

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:30 pm

Well to be honest I actually haven't invaded or colonized anything new, I rebuilt my project planets and it tuns out they ended up being half my entire production, therefore doubling it after the upgrades. Now I'm wondering why I didn't think of it sooner bahaha

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:30 pm

That can make a difference. :)

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:26 am

I made my goal of getting to the last mission of the Sileena chain before Lepus ended, which means I can scan again. Of course, my first scan run of 306 planets turned up zero nests (I need 2 more for the medal after previous years) and I only found 17 terran trade databases...hopefully my luck improves, or else it will take over 9,000 planet scans in order to finish that mission. I'm not going to stress about getting it done right away though and will just work on it as I can. That scan run went through about a third of the purgers I had on hand.

I began with around 1350 or 1380 planets in my database or something around there, but only a bit over 100 of them were unoccupied, so I finally got around to purging some of my crappier enemy held planets. I've now got 19 flagged with 60 or less population for legion missions where you need to reduce population to use the artifact (plus one at 80 population), and the rest of the junk has (slowly) started getting removed. It's taking some time since I'm going through each planet to see if there's any worth invading for artifacts before purging them; I'm currently about halfway through my "Large" planets (starting from smallest to largest, fewest resources to most.)

I'm now gathering lepus kernals with my extra mission completions, so only hitting the corruption chain one at a time each day, but I'm working on the vision shaper now which will be nice to finish up near the end of the month. I did the math, and figured out that I will be able to get my last vision (later this week or early next week) and then one dark command alcove upgrade and still complete the caustic membrane before Chuhn arrives. I should have a couple of weeks leeway, although realistically if I start getting the last vision, each time will move up my timeline about 4 days so it shouldn't be too difficult to get and max that for the extra scrapping rewards in time.

Now, here's where I'm at:

Been adding engineers to try and get through that last Sileena mission a bit faster...and kinda kept going. I'm almost up to 45k energy so once I hit that I'm going to go back to adding TACOs with all my rank points and just let the lutuma memory core and corpse pod add any extra energy for a little while, at least until TACOs catch up a little bit. I've found that extra attack doesn't really make that much of a difference in NPCing for a while right now in terms of how many hits anything other than bosses take, so the main advantage will be in PvP until I get a critical mass anyway.

Getting my cloak up a little higher will be nice; right now I need to use Ravyn's ability to do the last Sileena mission. But that's not too difficult to do so not a big concern (and not a lot I can do about it anyway.) I've got my composite rays on scan right now since I plan to do a lot of scanning for a while anyway.

I'm at 12 allies, all at rank 100 except the Darmos Drone who is at rank 47. Just missing the ones I unlock this Summer and then 4 years from now. And collecting reds is much easier now with the jam attenuator, as is collecting greens. Speaking of which, I actually upgraded my atmospheric decimators.

I've been hacking a lot, shouldn't be too long before I get the last hacking medal. I think that will leave the Exotica medal as my last non-seasonal PvP medal. (Having trouble finding folks with a chromatic coating right now...) I hit everybody on my battle tab and if it seems like they'll be disablable without too much effort I'll take the extra red and yellow, but in general am just relying on the jam attenuator to keep myself stocked. My kill differential does continue to improve, which was the original point of this log, so it's now at +604. Been scanning a lot of bases lately so need those reds.

Minerals 87131 units / hour (5.3 hours)
Artifacts 88451 points / hour (7.2 hours)
Research 98547 research / hour (4.7 hours)

My available production time has gone down across the board. Even more once I get on and apply my buffs to my rift. I have been re-flagging planets, so anything with a dark command alcove will be easily found and I can go through and activate them all in a go a few times a week or when I have extra energy to bleed off. Amazing how fast you can eat energy before ranking that way.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
I finally got around to purging some of my crappier enemy held planets. I've now got 19 flagged with 60 or less population for legion missions where you need to reduce population to use the artifact (plus one at 80 population), and the rest of the junk has (slowly) started getting removed.

i have 36 tiny or very tiny planets flagged for legion missions, along with 6 very smalls that will get purged once i can find replacements. any enemy planets with anything useful are already flagged for invasion by me or by my legion mates.

Texas Toast wrote:
And collecting reds is much easier now with the jam attenuator, as is collecting greens. Speaking of which, I actually upgraded my atmospheric decimators.

i'm looking forward to the jam attenuator once noraml PvP is no longer cost effective. hopefully i will have over 50k raids by then. and i upgraded my atmospheric decimators, but quickly downgraded again once i realized the regular repair cost of uninstalling them between invasions.

Texas Toast wrote:
I have been re-flagging planets, so anything with a dark command alcove will be easily found and I can go through and activate them all in a go a few times a week or when I have extra energy to bleed off. Amazing how fast you can eat energy before ranking that way.

i have saved my lutuma command module only for my single rift so far, replacing it once the charges run out. i may hold off on the next replacement until i unlock the dark command alcove to double the remaining usage. hopefully i will acquire enough elios attractors in july to make up some of the discrepancy.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
i have 36 tiny or very tiny planets flagged for legion missions, along with 6 very smalls that will get purged once i can find replacements. any enemy planets with anything useful are already flagged for invasion by me or by my legion mates.

I had them flagged previously, but had originally had them flagged for having relay towers to do the carthyne symposium mission, and then converted once I finished that. Now it's offiicially fixed so it's only low pop planets. I will add any more 60 population or less ones as I go.

senatorhung wrote:
i'm looking forward to the jam attenuator once noraml PvP is no longer cost effective. hopefully i will have over 50k raids by then. and i upgraded my atmospheric decimators, but quickly downgraded again once i realized the regular repair cost of uninstalling them between invasions.

I am (as you no doubt know any time I hack you and put myself on your news feed) a large deck build now, and figure that the difference between 3000 and 5000 max damage is no big deal so I now just leave everything equipped all the time. So much less stress.

senatorhung wrote:
i have saved my lutuma command module only for my single rift so far, replacing it once the charges run out. i may hold off on the next replacement until i unlock the dark command alcove to double the remaining usage. hopefully i will acquire enough elios attractors in july to make up some of the discrepancy.

I originally started out that way, and it makes the most sense in terms of pure production numbers...but I got to the point (especially once the dark command alcove was announced and doubled the life of each one) where I realized that the chances of my continuing to play long enough to use them all on my best planet is pretty slim, and I'd have much better results by having the increased production from having it on a half dozen or so dozen planets now than some extra production in the future. Sure, it means losing the difference between an extra 12% on around 30-35k production versus 5-6k production (across all 3 resources)...but I'd still rather have them earlier where they'll do me some good now. And I do have 7 or 8 saved up for the rift, and will use the rest that I haven't placed on good planets as I build them. Still got plenty of transformers to use.

Definitely a good strategy though.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Forgot to make a May update, so doing June a couple of days early.

Let's see...milestones...I finished ranking my Darmos Drone and dropped my first Ring of Ascendence this morning. So...new relic badge sink. I'll likely stop using relics for cloak and stick to the omniforges and rings going forward. Still sitting on the last Sileena mission, not a ton of progress since I haven't been scanning much lately. Now at 6 of 26 with 40 trade databases on hand (enough for 2 completions.) I'm also done making my caustic membrane and am almost done with the last Corruption mission (17 of 20) - it would be 18 of 20 but I forgot to do the mini-game at the end before using Kriell this morning.

Here's where I'm at:

Basically I keep my engineers equal to my scientists, and otherwise and trying to catch up with my tacos.

Hacking has gone well, I finally got my last hacking medal, and kept going with maxing out my time manipulators every day to keep myself up in red badges for base locks and Darmos drone upgrades. I need to start concentrating a bit more on raiding again, so generally expect that I'll be spending my days at triple digit action counts when I have the time to PvP. By default though, hacking provides too many badges to ignore so I'll probably keep up with that.

Minerals 102680 units / hour (4.7 hours)
Artifacts 98394 points / hour (6.8 hours)
Research 110201 research / hour (4.5 hours)

Tue May 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Elios should be starting any moment now, so here are my pre-Elios stats. (We have Ardyne Sabotage up, and was really hoping to do the scanning task after Elios started, but alas, it appears such will not be, unless it starts in the next hour or two...)

As for milestones, I've now got all but one ally, having recently hit my third year and attained Solynia. I have a ways to go to rank her up but am making a start at it. I'm down to 8 empty planet slots, though I do have the drannik colony ships available to me as well, and once Elios starts I'll start ranking multiple times per day again, no doubt. In other milestones, not a lot of progress on the last Sileena mission as I've been holding off scanning until Elios starts and only did one or two legion mission related scan runs the last couple months to collect terran trade databases. I am hoping to collect enough of them during Elios to finish it up so I don't have to wait for Chuhn to do more scanning. (And, given my current energy allocations, shouldn't be too far behind in actually completing the mission once I have the trade databases.) The Lumar, the Rift Project, and (now) the XTS-9 mission are the only completable missions I have left. I've now got about 2 dozen of my best planets outfitted with hyperturbines, and about a dozen and a half with rings of ascendence, though I've run low on relic badges so the acquisition of those has slowed down some. The legion has been succeeding in 8 or 9 out of 10 of our legion missions lately, so that helps, but I spent too many on clandestine revisions to cloak some planets so that ate them up quickly.

Been keeping my engineers even with my scientists, with the rest of my rank points going towards tacos. It goes in spurts; when I'm collecting androids for hyperturbines, tacos go up pretty quickly, when I'm NPCing a lot or already have 100 scientists on hand to turn in, then more goes into the engineers. Slowly and steadily catching up, though.

I am getting pretty close to the leaderboard for hacks - by the time I get another 1000 hacks I expect I'll be close to if not on it, depending on the activity levels of others. Still over 1400 raids for the last medal, however. Taking a slight break right now from PvP, however, as I've recently relinquished a lot of enemy held planets that hold no interest for me in anticipation of a lot of scanning for Elios. I'm actually low enough right now that I can scan for a planet with fair chances without any scanning buffs on, and that doesn't include removing any legion held or unoccupied planets from my database. I am trying to keep my hacks available low to avoid the possibility of a crit hack as there'd be an almost 50% chance of it being one of my planets at this point. That'll only hold for a few more days, at least, and then I'll be back to scanning every couple days and keeping myself up there in terms of planets on scan.

Minerals 115791 units / hour (4.3 hours)
Artifacts 115053 points / hour (6.1 hours)
Research 129904 research / hour (4.2 hours)

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Elios was pretty successful. 46 ranks, lots of NPCing, lots of scanning. On the last day I even opened up 45 caches for the extra EM which was nice, especially since I had run through a few million making purgers so I could find all my Terran Trade Databases. Did the seasonal daily mission 2-3 times per day depending on visions every day.

So...milestones. Solynia is now rank 21. I'm getting a lot lower on planet slots, though running out of worthwhile planets to colonize so might have to start scanning again sooner rather than later. I'll admit, I'm a bit tired of it. (Would be so much better if the entire screen didn't have to refresh every time you found a planet...) Got my Sigil of the Lumar, and in fact used it overnight when my son got his leg stuck in the crib and I was woken up to try and get him back to sleep after freeing him.

I worked through all my available enumeration crystals, so had to break down and open my base crates. 95 crystals out of 368 base crates. Not too bad.
140 massive crates: 108 stations (77.14%), 1 rift trap (0.71%), 12 parsers (8.57%), 19 crystals (13.57%)
228 colossal crates: 110 stations (48.25%), 42 parsers (18.42%), 76 crystals (33.33%)

I've already spent a third of them, but on the plus side have a lot of 20x artifact or better planets.

Still keeping engineers and scientists even while I try to catch up on TACOs. I'm about 1000 closer. I still need to finish turning in my helmsman, XCH charges and Durtanium brackets from opening all those caches but have gotten all the scienists and rescued prisoners done.

I managed to pass 5 digits in hacks, still working on teh raids though. Elios brought with it 5397 scans, most of which were in pursuit of terran trade databases, though I did do an extra hundred or two at the end for a legion mission after finding hte last one I needed. All in all, I needed to manually create about 1700 purgers on top of the couple thousand I had saved up and generated on my own (stellar cartography now sits at 2158.) I scanned 9357 times total to find them all, and would estimate I found around 4500-5000 planets. I did find an extra 21 databases on the last day of Elios, so that came to 27.44 scans per database. Obviously you will have more scans if you scan to gray, so I quickly switched up and mostly only scanned with good chances for the vast majority of that, hence the lower and less certain planet count.

I am now done with all of the missions that end except for the Rift Project and (now) the XTS-9 mission. (At least that isn't time-locked for 4 more years.) Hopefully Dan creates some new bi-weeklies soon.

On the plus side, this week I finally got onto a leaderboard. Passed Occult on Monday, then got passed back again (by 1 hack) for Tuesday morning, but in the process of passing him caught Jackyll as well so now sit at #49 on the list. First time on a leaderboard.

Minerals 126089 units / hour (4.2 hours)
Artifacts 137092 points / hour (5.3 hours)
Research 143781 research / hour (4.0 hours)

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:31 pm

Gearing up for Chuhn to start next week, I have a lot of junk to scrap. Will update with the totals once I get around to it. Now that I've finished the Sileena chain and don't need to make thousands upon thousands of star chart purgers, I've been working on the Darkness Falls mission until Chuhn starts to get more things to scrap. Current at 950 completions of it.

Solynia is now rank 30. I've started dropping crappy poorly producing planets in favor of not quite as crappy planets I can eventually improve. Working on a nice volcanic right now. Unfortunately, I've been stalled the last few planets as I've picked up a couple of massive Terra planets and a Very Massive Toxic planet for my last 2 gaia seeds and one of my irradiators, so improving those too.

TACOs are slowly catching up to engineers and scientists, I am still going on the plan where I match engineers to scientists and everything else goes into TACOs. When I hit 60k energy I might just go all TACOs though, we'll see. Maybe at 50k engineers...that's just a few days away. Either way, I seem to have enough energy to keep myself busy and could use more TACOs, so maybe it is time to switch things up a bit.

I've been keeping right close to my planet limit now that I have Solynia. I probably aught to go traveling and see if I can find folks willing to let me upgrade some toxics or make some plasmas for them and then they take them back. Or try to convince somebody in the legion to do lone conquorer with me and have them share out some planets for me to colonize and improve. That'd be ideal; then I don't have to skip out on the legion missions and bases.

Still go tover 1200 raids to go to get the last raiding medal, and I've been moving up the leaderboard for hacks quite nicely.

In the last month I've moved from #49 to #31, and I expect I'll make top 15 by the end of the year without too much trouble given how frequently I'm hacking folks, but not sure if I'll get into the top 10. Will have to see what sort of activity there is there over the next few months while I whittle away at the folks a little closer to my counts.

Minerals 131701 units / hour (4.1 hours)
Artifacts 147219 points / hour (4.9 hours)
Research 153548 research / hour (3.8 hours)

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:53 pm

I went an extra week before my update so I could get the final Chuhn numbers as part of it. I went through 25,982 NPCs for 73 Chuhn or 349.5 NPCs per Chuhn.
The data points are how many NPCs each Chuhn took, with a red trend line for average NPCs per Chuhn from start to finish, and a yellow trend line for average NPCs per Chuhn for up to the previous 10 Chuhn. As you can see, the drop rate improved a lot in the "last" week of Chuhn and even more in the extra week of Chuhn.

Thanks to the extra week for searching for them, I was able to get both medals. It took 37 Chuhn to find my first Spice of Illustrus, which was a few days before the seasonal originally was supposed to end, but then I couldn't find a Grav-Hutch. Finally, yesterday afternoon, I got one with Chuhn #73. So, I was able to upgrade my V2 hutch to a V4, since apparently I only found one last year too. So, my total distribution:

12 Chuhn Stem-Bolts
8 Exo-Galactic Contraption
4 Eye of Virgo
10 Fornax Jewel
8 Furlinium-G Spanner
1 Prejor V4 Grav-Hutch
13 Triangulum Sparkmatter
12 Crate of Goridian Ale
5 Spice of Illustris

I also managed to scrap and collect 113,132 ctp throughout the course of the event, of which 38,212 got donated to our base upgrade and 1430 was spent in the UST, as well as generating 69 Chuhn Trading Posts.

I gained 59 ranks with all of that NPCing, though Solynia is only up to rank 33 because I haven't had much time to scan or look for new planets worth colonizing. I'll probably do a few more invasions during Bane to get medal credit and because I have a backlog of planets I'd like to take, and will start scanning again for decent unoccupied planets, but I might hold off until the Harvest event to actuall colonize a bunch of planets since I'm pretty sure that there is at least one medal I haven't gotten yet for colonizing and who knows, maybe there will be an extra one.

Now that I've finished up pretty much all of the completable missions, there doesn't seem like much cause to keep adding engineers. I can do what I want, when I want, and waste plenty of energy each rank, so I've stopped adding rank points to engineers once I hit 50k and now put them all into TACOs which let me finally catch up (and pass) my scientists. Generally when I get down to around 20k experience needed to rank, I'll dump it into the base. During Chuhn, that was 733,454 energy.

I'm up to 2580 medal points, and added almost 2000 hacks and 200 raids. I've also moved to top 20 on the hacks leaderboard.

Minerals 130998 units / hour (4.2 hours)
Artifacts 149154 points / hour (4.9 hours)
Research 157658 research / hour (3.8 hours)

No real changes in production this month given that I didn't do much with my planets. That should improve next update, and improve quite a bit in 2 updates.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next