View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GINK51-Rank 641 

Just Finished the drannik chain and i'm wondering how thats affected my ship. from 2 days ago ive gained:
250 extra deck, ( doubled my deck )
20 ranks
gained 220 TO's
lost 1 Engineer

Mainly looking to npc until rank 800ish, or when i feel like getting Taltherian , doubt itll be anytime this year.

I've always thought i had a decent ship, but i really started to hate the SSB style i adopted ( even with it always taking 400-700 nrg to kill me from rank 50-280, i had 100 disables, not to mention i dont care about disables. I also coundnt use any of the mission or npc mod's I gained from rank 80-300 ) but i wasnt sure what to do with my ship, deck wise, so i left it small. Just wondering how would a normal NPCer ship look, How im doing and what i should do to improve. ( fully buffed attack is 20k BTW, which i think is great for my rank)

Last edited by GINK51 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat May 30, 2015 9:58 am

Personal thoughts on it.....

Get your energy up. You can sacrifice a null or two to do it without increasing deck. 10K att will get most NPCs in 2-4 hits, add a sab and only elites and bosses take more then 8 hits (flamehawks and the ones you get dark badges from eing the two that takes 7-8 hits with 10K att). If you get your energy to approx. 1/3rd your exp need you can begin to auto rank off NPCing, approx. 3/7th to exp need will let you auto rank off of missions.

Besides that, and of course the standard try to get your AP/h up, not much I can say as I am not to much into NPCing. I am sure others who make it their primary part of the game can give you more advice/suggestions.

Sat May 30, 2015 2:14 pm
Profile WWW

abysmal, absolutely appaling. I mean honestly your ship, its way to small, how do you expect to fit all luxery items on that dinky lil dingy you got there :D

have to agree with Zeno though, get your energy up, you want to start doing legion missions as soon as you can they are a great way to improve your ship either through normal ranking, or slow ranking, whichever your play style

Sat May 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Just an FYI, when i rank up i put on all my E-Mods ( like most sane ppl will do ), with my E-mods i have 3.6k Nrg. after i use the nrg from the E-mods i uninstall them for attack mods.

So when i rank up i have 15k attack ( buffed , with Shockpulse Charger , Ancient Crystal Foci , Crimson Obelisk and Crimson Amplifier + 15% from surge mods ) and 3601 energy . which at my rank is enough to auto rank... and with 15k npc attack i can hit near cap ( 490 /500 or 740/750 ) on everything apart from stryll assassin .

once ive used all the nrg from the E-mods, i have 20k ( buffed) NPC attack and 1849 nrg . with 20k im hitting cap on everything apart from elites ( Sha'din Hypergrid and Dark Command Nexus mainly )

I do agree my engineer count has to go up , havent focus on it since rank 200 . mainly been adding to TO's . I can just about auto rank but i think in a few ranks i wont be able to.

and how much deck should i be looking at ? only thing that worries me is, ive used all the hull mods i own . and with my hull + shield , it takes 250 nrg to disable me , any more deck and ill be easier to kill , and 50 deck will only get me about 800 more npc attack . IS the extra attack worth the less nrg needed to disable em .

Sat May 30, 2015 5:57 pm

the bit about the decks was a jest, though honestly and realistically, the only thing you cant grow with AP is scan and claok modules, so if you take the time to add up all the decks require to fit all of the scan and cloak mods in the game ( at max of course - taking into account NPC gear that upgrades over time ) that technically is all the decks you really need, or you can be like a majority of the GL playerbase - my opinion - and claim cloak is useless.

but its really all in how you want to build your ship, again my own personal expereince, most SSB / MSB ships tend to have average - lackluster attack / defense and bank their entire playing experience off of the reduced damage they recieve.

Sat May 30, 2015 6:54 pm

- if you are already capping most npc's after getting the drannik 40% npc attack boost, i doubt that adding decks for more attack mods is prudent. the only time i even bother with researched attack mods (quantum devastators to minimize upkeep / repair costs) is for a tiny boost during invasions.

- use drannik saboteur artis on stryll assassins to eke out a few more kills per rankup

- boost your number of npc slots: http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Npc_slots

- adjust your scan to include as many of the NPCs you want, while excluding NPCs you don't want. for your rank, this is the info for NPCs that can drop ctp or artis that can be scrapped for ctp:
> 0 cloak: vortul, okkilor, reynard, korteth, drannik ballistae, xiloy, graxis, renegar, xavox, silthion hive colony
> 50 cloak: silthion queen, rogue tech collector
> 200 cloak: sha'din AI matrix, the dark ring, telarys carrier
> 300 cloak: stalar command center, dark megacomplex, xrp prototype
> 400 cloak: rethion
> 500 cloak: sha'din hypergrid
> 600 cloak: dark command nexus
> 1000 cloak: xrp warp station (rank 350)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun May 31, 2015 3:07 am
Profile WWW

Thought Ill update this,
Few things to mention:

>Still a massive Npcer, but recently ive been npcing a lot less, just finished my project planet a month ago and i feel like ive lost a lot of the drive to spend 2-3 hours looking for Terraformers . Gone from doing next to no mission, apart from race chains to doing a lot more LM and Mission in general.

>Max Nrg, IS 4.8k , Max NPC attack is 22k , Im not using worse researched weapons, since i Npc less and the upkeep for the mods and constantly rebuilding them, wasnt worth it anymore.

>still hitting cap on almost everything i meet . ( apart from the stuff i shouldnt be at my rank )
> getting 5k more AP, just finished 2 project planet, ones 20x and other 22x , getting 1100 AP from both.

Just wondering if my defense is keeping up with me, I wonder how ill ever get it as high as some of the rank 500+ ive seen ( then again some of those ppl have 8 times the deck i have ) . Looking around the forum at other ppl logs, i was doing great at lower ranks but with my constant auto ranking has left me with a SSB glass cannon ( But i do have to mention some of these ppl take the game a lot more seriously than me ) and apart from adding more deck, which will make me a lot weaker, i'm not sure how to get tougher. apart from that minor issue i think im doing pretty well , Any thought and ideas on how i can make my ship more Npc orientated or just better would be great.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:23 am

if you are focusing on NPCs .. you don't have to worry about defense.

_____________Image

Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:04 pm
Profile WWW

Like Sen said, if you focus on NPCs, the only stats that matter are Attack and Energy (The most important stats in the game anyways, apart from AP/h). Defense nearly doesn't matter unless you are an LSB (repair issues while NPCing), you're actively defending exotica, or heavy PvPer, or if you're one that cares about death stats (but you said you don't).

To sustain autoranking off NPCs, you must aim to increase your AP/h in a dedicated fashion. Afterall, that's the whole point of NPCing isn't it? You autorank and fill the planet slots with project planets you create, along with slowly increasing AP/h so you can scan more often to fill the remaining slots (as they will open up faster than you can farm TFs).

Then the last few slots as you autorank should be able to be filled with legion alerted planets. If you do ever get bored, there is always the choice to slow down your ranking by doing LMs, or just taking the game at a slower pace and donating to help others more and give advice. That can actually pass by a lot of time I've realized, and in the meantime, you'll be collecting AP from your production while deciding what you want to build/stat to work on next.

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:45 am

thought ill update this, just to look back at. My ship has reached the milestone of 420 :shock: .
>Got my TO count up, now ive got 23k NPC attack or 26k fully buffed. 5.6K Max nrg, can get it up to 5.8k nrg but i can easily auto rank with 1k nrg to spare.
>AP was at 17k but i lost a few planets that i stole . Have a ton of slots, and drannik arti .. so i can get it up to 18k easy.
>Got 1k pvp kills for the medal, still killing lots of npcs. Yet to find anyone in my rank range with more npc kills than me.
>got LC medal but it really screwed my GL playstyle. didn't have base shipments or bases, LM or anything really for almost a month, i also didnt npc as much but still auto ranked with no base and legion benefits. which hasnt helped my ship.
>added some deck, added 10 extra deck today for my last dark badge attack mod. still a SSB i guess. I'm still playing safe, can't be asked to figure out what the best amount of deck would be for me, so im staying small, hasnt done anything to my npcing, so dont care too much about it.
>still doing a lot of npcing, but ive also done a ton of the purger mission and telth ability chain mission. on project planet 5 , always lose intrest in npcing after finishing a project, so i end up doing missions.
>using old crappy tech, since its cheap... i can also get a lot bigger, better mod's and deck can really help me i guess but ive already got 23k/26k npc attack and im hitting cap or near cap on everything apart from that XRP elites.

things i want :
>more def, helmsmen
>medal points, so i can get the medal point stuff.

Nothing too special about my ship, auto rank too much and dont care enough to be a king of the newbs .. and know just enough to not be a tin can.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:48 pm

you didn't indicate your rank for your latest post .. but it doesn't matter much for my comments.

GINK51 wrote:
>AP was at 17k but i lost a few planets that i stole . Have a ton of slots, and drannik arti .. so i can get it up to 18k easy.

if you are stealing planets and losing them ... you are stealing the wrong planets. either that or you haven't gotten enough cloak artis to protect the ones you steal (and likely the ones you already own) properly.

GINK51 wrote:
>Got 1k pvp kills for the medal, still killing lots of npcs. Yet to find anyone in my rank range with more npc kills than me.

congrats on 1k PvP kills. but the reason why no one has more npc kills at your rank range ? is because it is a BAD strategy to npc at a low rank.

the best times to NPC:
(1) between rank 550 and 600 when you lose access to some of the best NPC sources for ctp.
(2) between rank 1100 and 1200 when you lose access to stryll desolators and their stryll seeker drops - the crimson tyrant disappearance at 1000 is a non.issue if you plan to be a heavy NPC'er after rank 1k as flamehawks will provide plenty of crimson amplifiers.
(3) after rank 1666 when you can no longer get ships under rank 1k to appear on your battle tab to badge

outside of those rank ranges, you should be getting PvP badges, especially hacks and raids which use up zero xp. you should be making sure that your ship has sufficient energy to do legion mission tasks. and you should be doing the missions that will go towards your long.term playing style - in your case, unlocking all 8 NPC slots, tactical remodulation, trellith, and maybe drannik race.

GINK51 wrote:
>got LC medal but it really screwed my GL playstyle. didn't have base shipments or bases, LM or anything really for almost a month, i also didnt npc as much but still auto ranked with no base and legion benefits. which hasnt helped my ship.

Lone Conqueror is the only PvP medal that i have left to get (give us another round Dan !), and i likely won't get to it for years yet. losing out on legion missions is a huge neg .. makes me wish that i had gotten LC out of the way under rank 100 when invasions were cheap and legion missions were not an option.

GINK51 wrote:
>still doing a lot of npcing, but ive also done a ton of the purger mission and telth ability chain mission. on project planet 5 , always lose intrest in npcing after finishing a project, so i end up doing missions.

the purger mission is insanely bad for someone focused on NPC'ing. the point of NPC'ing is to farm terraformers. all the xp burnt up in the purger mission directly takes away from xp that could be better used to NPC. until the recent lutuma chain, i had done the purger mission a grand total of 6x in over 1000 ranks.

GINK51 wrote:
>using old crappy tech, since its cheap... i can also get a lot bigger, better mod's and deck can really help me i guess but ive already got 23k/26k npc attack and im hitting cap or near cap on everything apart from that XRP elites.

cheap mods i can agree with. but at your rank, XRP elites should be COMPLETELY AVOIDED. they provide abysmal ctp return for the xp cost. vortul, okkilor, reynard, korteth, stalar (especially for the medal 'if you want something done right'). fab plants and queens are of course, useless for ctp, but are always on the hit list.

on the maybe list are sketh, drannik ballistae, xiloy, akkiren, sha'din hypergrid, dark megacomplex, sha'din AI matrix, and the dark ring.

every other elite for your rank is GARBAGE for ctp. so unless you need the mod drops for some reason, ixnay.

_____________Image

Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

RANK 420

thanks for the info senatorhung,

I wish i was told about the npc thing a while back, i stopped pvping for real at maybe rank 70 ?, when people started using H traps. I also got my 4th npc slot by rank 70 and started npcing by rank 80-90. By rank 100-130 i earnt all the terraformers for a mission exotic. Then i saw no point in pvping and started npcing. honestly still see little point in pvping, while ppl my rank have next to no npc kills and have maybe 300-1k more pvp kills than me( which i can get in <30 ranks ( i got 170 kills in 2-3 ranks maybe 4 cant remember ) , i have 20k npc kills and 4 project planet + maxed mission exotic, which is giving me 6k more ap than them ( 6.7k with my 5th one ) . In the long term i think ( i know youll know a lot better than me), more maxed planets , would be better than some red badges ? which i can use for attack mod's i have absolutely no intrest in. though i get your point and might PVP a little, some days, since im getting a little bored of wasting 2 hours on npcing and getting maybe a TO, and a bunch of elites. Also need to hack more, im a hacker, and i never hack.. i keep trying to get into hacking but its hard to hack, since i always find the same ppl and end up double hacking, i change my scan a lot and still find the same ppl,overal i can hack maybe 20-30 a day, most the time less . and i have no idea how TM work, since they always say ive used all the actions up, even if i use 5 of them in 1 days ( after a day of heavy hacking with TM though ).

Planet wise, i got the 50% buff for 2 days and stole 3 great AP planet but didnt add any def to them, after a week or a few days there owners stole them back, didnt care too much though... since i stole them from rank 1K +, i doubt any def would have helped. These planets werent worth the cloak, and ive cloaked my project planet well, 32k+ cloak on all of them( apart from my RP and mineral project planet ), would like 35k but i dont have much access to cloak struc's.

I agree with the LC medal, i thought i should get it while im still low in rank, but ive missed my chance for the CTL medal, with 5 projects and some other nice planets, i cant lose the cloak bonus to join a tiny legion to get it. doubt ill ever get it.

Purger , 6 times ??? ... some day i want to slow rank, days after i ranked up 10 times in a row. some days i know i wont have time for GL to npc for an hour or 2. so i have 2 options, i can leave my 5.5k nrg, and auto rank another time, or i can use all the nrg/half the nrg and use the next days to build nrg for when i time to npc. I think its smart, convenient and organized.

Im already drannik, got it at rank 304ish, had tac remod for a while, pretty useless, unless i want to get rid of 2-3ref centre. working on 5/6th npc slot. telth working on that as well. have zolizan, RP uplift and almost genatra.

LM are a waste of time for someone my rank, they werent made for ppl my rank IMO, 20k nrg for some decent planet struc ?? 3-5 rank up for a crappy mod ?? i still have the 2k decent planet struc mission, why would i waste 20k for one ? . though i do the npc hunts and low nrg missions, for the LM medal really, E-mods and relic badges, have 100 badges and i cant use them. LM struc are great/nice but not worth it at my rank. most LM mod's are worse 100k+ nrg for a nice mod, thats 15-20 ranks for a mod..... really not worth it IMO.

havent proff read this, so it might come out weird/ lacking some info.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:58 pm

you said you don't see the point of PvP, and yet you posted this:

GINK51 wrote:
things i want :
>medal points, so i can get the medal point stuff.

the PvP medals for raiding and hacking cost you minimal xp.

every PvP action you do expires 24 hours later. so if you run up 100 PvP actions, you will be TM.locked until some of your prevous PvP actions expire from 24 hours earlier. and at your rank, you want to adjust your scan up AND down to find targets. using spy probe-resources first will also ensure that your target has research points on hand to count towards the successful hack stat. i have 6k blue badges sitting in cargo, so getting a blue badge for hacking 0 resources at this point is a wasted TM action for me.

i LOVE my tactical remodulation .. outside of stuff like the Chuhn NPC event, i often tac remod 8 flamehawks .. which saves me 800 xp ... good for another 10 rogue tech collectors before ranking up. i also tac remod eluders and xrp warp stations. i run with under 2500 scan so i avoid clusters - while that also prevents kelethor and attiroth from spawning, i have helpful legion members who have helped me to max out my attiroth plating and now i'm slowly working on upgrading the crimson mods.

anyone who doesn't set their minds towards legion missions is missing out imho. i don't know anyone who wouldn't want an extra 5% production building on their project planets. vortov, however, is not something i would recommend until after rank 750ish ... i snapped mine on WAY too early and have been paying the outsized upkeep for it ever since. whenever Peticks scoffs at the number of mining planets that i have ... i have to point to the big V hovering in my wake.

and for you, if you have so many relic badges sitting idle, the clandestine revisions are ideal for boosting passive cloak since you have an issue finding sufficient cloak artis. getting passive cloak up to 5k, then throw in the basic silthion, dark beacon, isolation bureau, adumbrates, and resonances, and you have a 15k+ cloaked planet after legion bonuses even before you add any %cloak artis like polaron emitter, or the repeatable LM cloak mods.

_____________Image

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:24 pm
Profile WWW

thanks again for the info, i thought TM restarted at midnight every night, like most games.
flamehawks arent too bad IMO, low lvl elites are much worse. But overal i dont use teh tac-remod much. I like owning it, but wont exactly recommend getting it to anyone my rank.
Sadly I dont have enough medal points to buy anything from the LM market ... The 5k passive cloak would help, but right now my plan is to save up for the ally and get all the rank ups for it. And get a few of the 5% prod struc, if i have some badges to spare.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:40 pm

GINK51 wrote:
flamehawks arent too bad IMO, low lvl elites are much worse. But overal i dont use teh tac-remod much. I like owning it, but wont exactly recommend getting it to anyone my rank.
Sadly I dont have enough medal points to buy anything from the LM market ... The 5k passive cloak would help, but right now my plan is to save up for the ally and get all the rank ups for it. And get a few of the 5% prod struc, if i have some badges to spare.

better to get the 5% structures as you get the project planets built up and cloaked. yeah, you can max vortov right away, but that is 10 billion upkeep per day right away ... and until you have enough firepower to take out the ability spawned NPCs .. there is no point to maxing it. mine is still only at rank 52. i wanted to wait until after rank 1200 before i start spawning the NPCs.

i use tac remod religiously just to save xp (flamehawks are a minimum of 7 hits at damage cap no matter what), but it is not essential except for cases like the xrp warp station and stuff like clusters. the drops from those NPCs are pretty useless given the xp expended ... i get really annoyed any time i see them alerted as they are just a waste of time. tac remodding them frees up an NPC slot much faster.

as for medal points, the number of NPC medals that you can get without changing races / professions or avoiding buffs is meagre. so a focus on NPC'ing early hurts you on the medal point front. that means you don't get better raid percentages from raiding bases, and you don't get to build the bainar buildings. i get 100% raids down to 16th damage slot on level 6+ bases and i have bainar buildings built on 227 of my 295 planets.

_____________Image

Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:13 am
Profile WWW

instead of making a topic i thought ill post here,
My def is really falling behind, not that it matters much due to my size, but i do one day plan on getting bigger.
just wondering if people put RP towards helmsmen, and if i should. i read that you should neve rput RP to helmsmen and never have. But i do wonder how the hell ppl got such high def from just An helmsmen, i have 3128 Helmsmen and have always had decentish AP... Its growing at a steady rate, but i have extremly low def for someone of my rank.
My plan is to get 4k engineers, 3589 Engineers now and 7k T.O's , 6727 Tactical Officers now. And maybe working on helmsmen, since both engineers and T.O's are offering nothing to my playstyle.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:07 pm

GINK51 wrote:
instead of making a topic i thought ill post here,
My def is really falling behind, not that it matters much due to my size, but i do one day plan on getting bigger.
just wondering if people put RP towards helmsmen, and if i should. i read that you should neve rput RP to helmsmen and never have. But i do wonder how the hell ppl got such high def from just An helmsmen, i have 3128 Helmsmen and have always had decentish AP... Its growing at a steady rate, but i have extremly low def for someone of my rank.
My plan is to get 4k engineers, 3589 Engineers now and 7k T.O's , 6727 Tactical Officers now. And maybe working on helmsmen, since both engineers and T.O's are offering nothing to my playstyle.

Its up to you ofcourse but you need to ask what is this defence adding to my playstyle? Attack increases the base damage you do, invasion, makes you hit harder on players around your rank, makes you hit harder on npcs. Energy, lets you do more stuff! lets you autorank when you have the chance and the more you have the more options to autorank on there become. Defence: makes it so you get hit with a bit less force when attacking (though you can repair then) and when offline being pvp'd. So essentialy your only gain from putting the prisoners into defence is you are harder to kill. The only gain from that is if your playstyle is to turtle up all the time. If you want to stand on a par pvp wise and are seeing that others have higher defence putting prisoners into defence will just mean when attacking their higher defence has even more of a impact, as your attack will be lower, on your killing of them.

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Thought I'd give this a quick update since ive ranked up 91 times.

>Max Nrg: 7514
>NPC Attack: 35k-38k
>Now can build and have built a ton of temp fluxes.
>Need to start a new project, Plan on building a Ap plasma, need a few seasonal arti's
Terraforming Device (Uses Left: 28)
>Almost have 650 medal points, and got yellow hull mod upgrade.
>did some hacking, will try and do some more, but always forget to. Need to start using my hacker bonus. Got one blue mod and upgrade.
>got my 5th npc slot and working on the 6th, should have it in 1/2 days.
>Did a bunch of missions
>Still a decent ship, still heavily rely upon my SSB build.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Heh I see your ship on my BT a lot, I've learnt not to hit you for the e sink. Coming along quite well now :)

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:48 pm

TrinityThree wrote:
Heh I see your ship on my BT a lot, I've learnt not to hit you for the e sink. Coming along quite well now :)

Lol good to know hand down the strongest person in my rank range thinks im an E sink.
I have noticed that most my disables occur due to someone attacking me taking out my shield, getting into my hull and stopping half way, so im left with 50%> hull, then someone else comes along takes my shield out and takes out the rest of my hull.

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next