View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 btu where are the spies? 

So hit 100k tac officers today. Many people already there but it was a milestone for me. Was curious how many of these 'red' shirts are spies? I'd like to think as their leader i have somehow inspired some into a world of intrigue and cloakery. Perhaps some are faking it as scientists and really have more to offer.

Would love to have a 'spies' crew type...make some use for them on planets or ships...could have some fun medals and intrigue. I think spy is an underused profession and needs more love.

HUG a SPY today.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Ah i see you made the mistake of picking spy when you joined the game, as much as if sounds cool, its a uselsss prof.
If you have the GP to spare, or if you used the 10 free gp, you can wait untill new years, where you get free race changing artifacts, I would highly recommend these profession's :
'''Fixer: Solid bonus to health
Raider: Join a good base fighting legion (may not be as good when you start to take top spots)
Explorer: MAX SCAN!!!
Excavator: The profession of the GL gods (my question might as well read "is any profession arguably as good as excavator?")'''
Hope thats helps, and i wish you the best of luck to your GL career. If you need anymore help PM me .

And yes i do know juiceman has played the games 3 times longer than me and is 2.5x my ranks

Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:30 pm

GINK51 wrote:
Ah i see you made the mistake of picking spy when you joined the game, as much as if sounds cool, its a uselsss prof.
If you have the GP to spare, or if you used the 10 free gp, you can wait untill new years, where you get free race changing artifacts, I would highly recommend these profession's :
Raider: Join a good base fighting legion (may not be as good when you start to take top spots)
Excavator: The profession of the GL gods (my question might as well read "is any profession arguably as good as excavator?")'''
Hope thats helps, and i wish you the best of luck to your GL career. If you need anymore help PM me .

And yes i do know juiceman has played the games 3 times longer than me and is 2.5x my ranks

Raider? Are you kidding... almost as silly as not knowing Juiceman is a spy by choice.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Deigobene wrote:
GINK51 wrote:

Raider? Are you kidding... almost as silly as not knowing Juiceman is a spy by choice.

you really think i have the time to look at all the prof and write that ?
I just C and P'ed that, hence the not 1 or 2 but 3 quotation marks.. was an extra side joke, since juiceman posted a lot on the original post.. and my god i hope you know my post was a joke. G'day

also juiceman is 4.5x my rank

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 pm

GINK51 wrote:
Deigobene wrote:
GINK51 wrote:

you really think i have the time to look at all the prof and write that ?
I just C and P'ed that, hence the not 1 or 2 but 3 quotation marks.. was an extra side joke, since juiceman posted a lot on the original post.. and my god i hope you know my post was a joke. G'day

omg...this bit is a real question: you do know that is not how quotation marks work don't you?
*gulp* It's just some hilarious joke? Please, please, please tell me it's a joke.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Deigobene wrote:
omg...this bit is a real question: you do know that is not how quotation marks work don't you?
*gulp* It's just some hilarious joke? Please, please, please tell me it's a joke.

Not sure what you mean, if you're talking about the use of 3, yes sadly i do know, that isn't how they work (But since i was quoting a text that had a quote, the ' ''' ' are still grammatically correct. You do know that right ⸮ so even though i wasn't trying to, i was grammatically correct , 8-) ) and hate to break it to you, this is the internet ,where punctuation and grammar isn't the most important thing in the world, maybe go search up this website called Youtube and look at a few comments. And if you look closer this is the GL forum, a causal game forum, not a serious place where i should care about grammar.

Also can i just say your garmmer is unbelievable great !, how much effort is needed to have such great grammer ?

so how's your day going Deigobene ? just wondering who shoved the stick up your ar*e today. Don't tell me your having luck as bad as mines while searching for the chuhn npcs.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:37 pm

GINK51 wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

Not sure what you mean, if you're talking about the use of 3, yes sadly i do know, that isn't how they work (But since i was quoting a text that had a quote, the ' ''' ' are still grammatically correct. You do know that right ⸮ so even though i wasn't trying to, i was grammatically correct , 8-) ) and hate to break it to you, this is the internet ,where punctuation and grammar isn't the most important thing in the world, maybe go search up this website called Youtube and look at a few comments. And if you look closer this is the GL forum, a causal game forum, not a serious place where i should care about grammar.

Also can i just say your garmmer is unbelievable great !, how much effort is needed to have such great grammer ?

so how's your day going Deigobene ? just wondering who shoved the stick up your ar*e today. Don't tell me your having luck as bad as mines while searching for the chuhn npcs.

lol, no stick up my bum mate, just amused that you can be joking but I can't.
I thought making the small text from your post so much bigger would have given it away, but apparently not.
Ah well, such is life, I will make sure to include emoticons to avoid confusion in future ;)

As for being grammatically correct, I wasn't the one pointing to my 3 quotation marks as if that meant something :P
Again, I will add emoticons in future.
Luckily for me, no effort goes into using correct grammar. As a general rule, I find it pretty easy to write in my native language.
Amazing, but true! :)

Anyway, all the best on your hunt for Chuhn and hope you get some good ones.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:48 pm

Deigobene wrote:
lol, no stick up my bum mate, just amused that you can be joking but I can't.
I thought making the small text from your post so much bigger would have given it away, but apparently not.
Ah well, such is life, I will make sure to include emoticons to avoid confusion in future ;)

As for being grammatically correct, I wasn't the one pointing to my 3 quotation marks as if that meant something :P
Again, I will add emoticons in future.
Luckily for me, no effort goes into using correct grammar. As a general rule, I find it pretty easy to write in my native language.
Amazing, but true! :)

Anyway, all the best on your hunt for Chuhn and hope you get some good ones.

I would like to take the time to release an official apology to Deigobene, completely missed the humor, for some reason i read your posts as if someone was shouting them in disgust, they were so short and it was hard to tell if they were a joke or if you were serious , you did state the obvious a lot, like i know juiceman is a spy by choice, hence my original post and you could have added to the overal joke, instead of stating the obvious ( suggestion for next time ), also nothing show seriousness than a internet debate on grammar. honestly emoticons would have made the shouty voice in my head go, good idea for next time, they are a little childish/40 year old women though. You've honestly got great grammer, i find its too much work/effort/time being grammatically correct all the time, but i guess the massive amount of time we learnt about grammer should be used, since i doubt many of us write with pen and paper nowadays. Best of luck to you and hope the chuhn are kinder to you than me. 3 hours of npcing, 4 T.o troop carriers and i havent found 1 chuhn.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:08 am

No worries at all mate and congrats on the Troop Carriers, I know they're not what you're looking for at the moment, but honestly are heaps better anyway as a general rule.

Sorry about straying OT Juiceman, you know I love my favourite spy! *bear hugs the invisible Koolaid, drawing weird glances*

Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:40 am

Do you both realize you've hijacked poor juicemans thread? you both should change to spy as an apology :P

Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:10 am

Actually spy crew could be cool. They could gather intel on a planet or disrupt production. Possibly help with scans both base and planet. Steal tech from enemies when crit hacking ( bonus rp into last tech researched). They could increase the pop limit for sabs. Break enemy ship modules on a crit raid. Collect data on npcs allowing increased damage cap. All kinds of stuff

Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:23 am

ill just treat this thread now as a private document of high level officials that i intercepted on my way to the loo. :P

Good stuff...love a good discussion, debate, misunderstanding turned agreeable incident.

Ginks: My choice as spy is multi faceted and in no small part lies in the idea of trying to build a great ship in a very non standard way. It will never be a cookie cutter design nor even very easy to replicate, but it is novel and I like being a prototype. So far it hasn't slowed me from being on the kills board, the raids board, the medals board, or from amassing a decent AP level. It has frustrated enemies, amused friends, and been beyond silly on hack defense.

Think the great thing in this game is the imagination of what is occurring. I mean it's mostly text with a few icons, yet we love it and it has kept such a loyal base for so long. I envision my ship as the equivalent of a galactic destroyer from Star WARS merging in and out of cloak..destroying fleets, bombarding planets, then smoothly shifting into virtual invisibility--only noticable by the keenest eye and as a shadowy image in the backdrop of space.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]