View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 attack blocked by top 10 killer 

So, in the continuing amusement this game provides...I was attack blocked by slipshod using the new functionality. Kind of a twisted irony that a top 10 killer, available to attack 24/7 blocks attacks from someone. So justice for all under the new block powers.

Add your own tale of interesting blocks.... everyone likes to smile.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:03 am

I believe that most of the categories's top 10 players should be able to be targeted. Why just killers ? How about those pesky hackers ? I always thought it was odd that only top 10 killers could be targeted this easily.

As to your predicament I have several "ideas" but it is best I say nothing here. As Jerry Lewis would say: "This is some weird, wild stuff!"

P.S: I never used a single Halcyon since I started playing and calming amps I used only for the Lepus medal.

Last edited by CapitainePaul on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:36 am

I think if you halc, you shouldnt be allowed on top 10 kills board. Or if you stay dead.

For all the stat padding accusations *eye roll* I think those that protect death stats are just as bad. especially when they they crawl out from under a rock , go on a spree and halc. No worries.

I killed purrfickshun the other day and he had 100+ actions. Now hes halced....Oh i got this goin on, a LM going on...gotta halc!
LOL what in this game can you do with a halc that you cant do without one? Other than hit a base with out being bombed the only thing i can think of is die.

Silly top 10 list. 3 of the top 10 *Killas* hide behind the very halcs i have seen them complain about ..

Killas.

and, i dont discriminate. Fly in range of my ship for whatever reason, ill try and take you out. Get an action.....ill be there 8-)

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:45 pm

so here's a twist on the idea..

how bout top 10 RECENT killers... poll on a monthly basis...make THOSE the top 10...
also make it to where no one top 10 killers can halc or amp...lie dead if you like...wheeeeeeee

to incentivize this, add some manner of reward for being top 10..maybe weighted for the top dogs

This would make people actually viewed as full time assassins as the people who can/should be targetable..as well as get credit.
It would be fair since if you didn't want to be targeted, simply don't go bat "s" crazy on kills that month.
It would also add some flavor since you could actually get some manner of reward.

If you want to extend the same to hacks and raids, ok...but then i'd say scale more towards badges gained rather than simple multi.

my extra .02

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:17 pm

Well there should also be a eway to check if those kills are not "n00bs" or "lowbies" guarding Exotica or alerted. I think kills at least should be disables with a RED. Just my 2 canadian cents so about 1 and 3/4 cents :P

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:52 pm

sounds fine to me...badges over "kill"S, "hacks", "Raids" which could be on any ship of any level...

Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:44 am

juiceman wrote:
sounds fine to me...badges over "kill"S, "hacks", "Raids" which could be on any ship of any level...

just add new leaderboards for badges ... i'd love to see who's on the top 10 for green badges ;)

even esoteric stuff like base raids and scan attempts could have leaderboards. the more ways that people can direct their efforts, the more sticky the game.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:03 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
juiceman wrote:

just add new leaderboards for badges ... i'd love to see who's on the top 10 for green badges ;)

even esoteric stuff like base raids and scan attempts could have leaderboards. the more ways that people can direct their efforts, the more sticky the game.

That........is not a bad idea.

Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:58 am

Icky...after a few cms while he tried to scan... and after he was alerted a few times by a low rank

and I would do it again and again. 8-) :D

Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]