View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 faster game faster npc or else 

if you say the game lags use razer cortex the game will still be faster whit a i7 9700k https://www.razer.com/cortex. does not make miracle but it still help, will probably help whit any game

Last edited by the ancient on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:24 pm

I really don't imagine this will do anything to help improve the game's "performance" lmao.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:06 pm

its emptying ram and deactivating sleeping mode u can close any program if your computer is slow.just try it and compare a scan whit and without u will have some mare planet scanned still me.2 rx 580 i7 9700k and 32g ram just emptying ram is geting my computer faster tiny 10 15% faster and i use my cpu for future recording in 4k.jure it tiny bit faster u just want to let people know a way to npc or scan faster

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:32 am

the ancient wrote:
its emptying ram

RAM doesn't work like that.

RAM stands for Random Access Memory, which means you can read/write to any address at the same speed as any other. Which means it doesn't matter where your program data is held within memory, if you have enough RAM, then you have enough RAM. If you have 32GB of RAM, then trying to gain performance by "freeing up RAM" won't do you any good.

The actual performance gain you'll get from closing other programs (again, if you already have enough RAM) is from freeing up CPU cycles, although with modern multi-core CPUs you'll get less of an advantage from doing this than you would with a much older machines with fewer or just one core.

Like I've already said, GL's biggest bottleneck is in bandwidth. Just keep an eye on your network connection, or Chrome's devtools network tab when you're scanning or npcing. You'll see it transfers an immense amount of data for such a simple game. If you have a poor internet connection then you'll be sat waiting for a while.

Network aside, things like the planet tab contain a lot of information - information that needs to be rendered by the browser each time something changes. Guess what? Rendering a web-page is mainly a single-threaded operation. That is, very hard to parallelize.

The only real way you'll see a performance gain in GL is when either Dan or your browser developers optimize things on their ends.

btw, my system specs, in case you're interested.

i7 7700k @ 5.2 GHz
64GB Kingston HyperX
Asus ROG Maximum IX Extreme
2 x GTX 980 OC Edition running in SLI
Bunch of NVMe SSDs
Housed in a Phanteks Primo with a dual rad custom watercooling loop.
Oh and RGB everything.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:30 am

so sorry to be disturbing.but...... its still a tiny bit faster whit my mega computer i gain some small hard to notice speed of more and its not just ram cleaning im simply saying here in my experience its a bit faster and i have a good computer its very small difference i avoue

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:26 am

i have a lot of rgb to nice man your cool

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]