View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Is there anyway to tell if your planets have been discovered 

Hello,

I think Dan said that less then 20% of the galaxy had been explored so far. That means statisticly that 1 in 5 of my planets must be known by other players. I have about 30 planets so that is 6 and 4 are actually enemy occupied. That means a few more are known about but ignored. (probably because they arn't worth attacking)

Now all of my planets have some defenses, some attack and some cloaking. If a planet hasn't been discovered then it makes sense to focus on cloaking so that it isn't but if it has been discovered cloaking it is worthless (except for a 2nd discovery). All these defenses and cloaks cost money and space. That is space that could be generating stuff.

It's kind of hard to decide HOW and HOW MUCH I want to protect a planet if I don't know if I am hiding it or arming it. Is there anyway to know if a planet is on someone else's scans other then it gets attacked?

If not how would people feel about a 'scan alarm' that tells you if your planet is discovered and if so by who. I may be sitting on a 4XMega terra but if it's also on the scans of a player twice my level then it's a waste of my time to even try to defend it... or maybe I should colonize it quick and invitie him/fer into my legion.

Thoughts?

Wed May 19, 2010 5:02 pm

With the target planet window open -> Actions -> use an artifact -> Flux probe.

This will tell you how many other people has scanned the planet. If it is more than 0, it is possibly under risk

Wed May 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Flux Probe hunh? I haven't seen one of those yet. Is that an artifact you can buy (Credits or Galaxy Points) or do you have to discover it by mining artifacts?

Sean

Wed May 19, 2010 10:44 pm

you can buy it. it 2 galaxy points

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Wed May 19, 2010 10:55 pm

you can gather 250 artifact points and cash in. it should be one of the lowest priced artifacts in that list. i think you will have a 1/4 chance because there are 4 types of probes. (flux/cargo/def/attack)

good luck

edit. i fixed the above from minerals to artifact points

Last edited by hunter on Thu May 20, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 20, 2010 12:26 am

think you mean artifact points not minerals. let your artifacts build to 250 then receive artifact. like he said its a good chance you'll get one

Thu May 20, 2010 1:06 am

Aggross wrote:
think you mean artifact points not minerals. let your artifacts build to 250 then receive artifact. like he said its a good chance you'll get one

right... opps :oops: Freudian slip... i sell alot of minerals at small quantities like that alot... not so much with artifacts.

Thu May 20, 2010 1:12 am

Yeah but you'll waste the flux probe if no one has scanned it.

I think the whole point of the original post on here is that you should be notified that your planet has been
discovered by another player. THEN you use the flux probe to discover who it was(and any possible sharing?).

Sat May 22, 2010 8:21 am

WUlfston wrote:

I think the whole point of the original post on here is that you should be notified that your planet has been
discovered by another player. THEN you use the flux probe to discover who it was(and any possible sharing?).

I think you are totally mixing up 2 artifacts. There is a flux probe that will search out a planet of yours and see if anyone else has scanned it (costs 250 artifact points) and there is a planet flux artifact that removes everyone from the scan list. So the original post was to see if anyone has seen your planet - use flux probe to scan your planet and see. IF it is a great planet and the probe comes back with one or more "other" people that scanned it, that is where the planet flux comes in where it erases the scan from everyone else.

so. flux probe is NOT the same thing as Planet Flux

Sat May 22, 2010 8:37 am

Aggross wrote:
WUlfston wrote:

I think you are totally mixing up 2 artifacts. There is a flux probe that will search out a planet of yours and see if anyone else has scanned it (costs 250 artifact points) and there is a planet flux artifact that removes everyone from the scan list. So the original post was to see if anyone has seen your planet - use flux probe to scan your planet and see. IF it is a great planet and the probe comes back with one or more "other" people that scanned it, that is where the planet flux comes in where it erases the scan from everyone else.

so. flux probe is NOT the same thing as Planet Flux

just make sure not to planet flux then flux probe.

Sat May 22, 2010 8:41 am

Dare I say it... I'm all fluxed up now!

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:56 am

StolenPlanet wrote:
Dare I say it... I'm all fluxed up now!

ya getting fuxed and dealing with fluxing can leave you fuxxed over

Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]