View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Planet invasion... What determines chance of success? 

So my friend bombs a planet down to rubble. I try to take it. I fail and it said I only had a 6% chance of success.

My other friend trys to take it a couple of minutes later and it fails as well stating that it only had a 7% chance of success.

First try, it only had 1 person on the planet. The player was lvl 15 and I'm over 30. The 2nd player trying to take it was 26 I think.

How can I tell BEFORE I invade, what my chance of success is?

Also, why is it so expensive to invade? Was double what it would have cost to colonize....

Mon May 31, 2010 10:49 pm

basically the chance of success are calculated considering the planets defense (perhaps also attack) ratio in comparison to your ship. If the planet's defense is high, your chances are low.

Also, even if a planet has 0 defense, the maximum chance to invade it is 90% I believe ( I happened to attack a planet with 0 defense and missed the invasion, said I had 90% chance of success ... I'm not very lucky these days :D )

There's an artifact that gives a huge bonus to planet's invasion, it's won by doing a mission not sure you have the lvl for it yet.

And finally invaion costs double as colonising because the game is designed like that :D

Mon May 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Gah!

So even though I pummel the planet and have like 50 extra researchers on my ship, the atk/def of the planet is still compared to my ship. I figured with no defenses or population, it would be my raiding force vs basically nothing. That sucks to know that now!

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll wait 24 hrs and see if the guy puts up any defenses. :(

Mon May 31, 2010 11:11 pm

Zhorgul wrote:
basically the chance of success are calculated considering the planets defense (perhaps also attack) ratio in comparison to your ship. If the planet's defense is high, your chances are low.

Also, even if a planet has 0 defense, the maximum chance to invade it is 90% I believe ( I happened to attack a planet with 0 defense and missed the invasion, said I had 90% chance of success ... I'm not very lucky these days :D )

There's an artifact that gives a huge bonus to planet's invasion, it's won by doing a mission not sure you have the lvl for it yet.

And finally invaion costs double as colonising because the game is designed like that :D

What is the name of the mission that gives the artifact which increases the probability of a successful invasion ?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Invasion Defense on a planet is a combination of Defense + Attack + Anti-Invasion.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:52 pm

Finishing missions gets you the Prototype Mech XV, +15 invasion attack, and I don't recall the name of the mission that awards the Psionic Amplifier, which is +30 attack, +60 during invasions. You should be able to see an orange crystalline graphic when you hover over the reward.

Run.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Harnessing the Weapon is in the chain that starts with Analyze Strange Device(only those missions are in the chain. Harnessing the Weapon gives you the Psionic Amplifier

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Robert wrote:
Harnessing the Weapon is in the chain that starts with Analyze Strange Device(only those missions are in the chain. Harnessing the Weapon gives you the Psionic Amplifier

Any other special equipment with Invasion Attack attributes. Both the Psionic & the Mech XV together only got me about 35%. Beginning to believe invasion is fruitless at a 2 digit rank.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:27 am

integrityseeks wrote:
Any other special equipment with Invasion Attack attributes. Both the Psionic & the Mech XV together only got me about 35%. Beginning to believe invasion is fruitless at a 2 digit rank.

There is an artifact that increases your invasion chances tremendously.
Highlight below for the name of the artifact...
Start Spoiler
Mutagenic Cartridges (adds 1500 bonus to invasion attack)
End Spoiler
ALSO - You can increase your invasion % by increasing your attack stat alone. (in case you missed this)

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:32 am

Barracuda wrote:
integrityseeks wrote:

There is an artifact that increases your invasion chances tremendously.
Highlight below for the name of the artifact...
Start Spoiler
Mutagenic Cartridges (adds 1500 bonus to invasion attack)
End Spoiler
ALSO - You can increase your invasion % by increasing your attack stat alone. (in case you missed this)

What level are you since I have no such Artifact listing and most Artifacts I received in shipments were pretty useless, even though I let them grow to well over 4000 points once.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:39 pm

You did not read the Beginners post. aggross recommends artifacts go over 4500 EVERY time you recieve an artifact shipment(assuming your close to 20 or over). But to say the least, go read agross' beginner guides(PLURAL there are 2). its 80% of what you need to know.

just to let you know, level 37ish and ive successfully invaded 2 terra planets. one level 3 and one level 20 defenders. invasion success with mad cannons(failed once because i sold everything for money to colonize /facepalm) other than that im 2/2 against those 2. i had 300% attack compared to their defense at least.

tech up! artifacts <4500-5000=win

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php? ... o=Go(since you have time to post on forums, you should also give this a glance once in awhile. i was blown away by all the artifacts)

maybe im just a lucky ass, im also a kroqul! also you should have some enemy planet artifacts once you get going...im really curious to know what level you are

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:18 pm

integrityseeks wrote:
What level are you since I have no such Artifact listing and most Artifacts I received in shipments were pretty useless, even though I let them grow to well over 4000 points once.

The artifact is not available for GPs. I got it via a mission.
SPOILER START:
Mission Name : Biological Warfare; Rank needed: Unknown; Unlock mission: Requires certain rank END

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]