View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Great Idea Dan 

I really like the concept of having shortages of certain raw materials. i think it will make people plan a little different and will cause more people to have a "strategic reserve" of minerals they cannot do without. How about a "spill" of some kind which changes the price. I think more volatility of the mineral market is a great new twist to the game...Good one Dan

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:46 pm

so is there a darrinyte shortage for everyone or does it just pick out what you need and withhold it?

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:25 pm

SpoonyJank wrote:
so is there a darrinyte shortage for everyone or does it just pick out what you need and withhold it?

Everyone I guess like the last time the trade federation banned a mineral

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:32 pm

the price of minerals does go up over time based on how much people are selling vs buying. This is done to make people think more about saving their own minerals to build things instead of selling them every time and buying when needed to build something. I believe the shortages happen when this gets out of hand and there is waaay too much buying of a mineral. Now this has happened 2 other times with Darrinyte if I remember correctly. This mineral is the is used the most for level 3 buildings on planets and I would think the most purchased mineral in the game.

The shortages just force people to rethink their game plan, and also gives a fun twist to the game that mirrors how real economies can work. IE prices go up and down like stock market, and supply is lower than the demand.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:12 pm

i dont think this is funny at all. i have just levelled and needed to sell almost my entire reserve to colonize my new planet. As i just learned the lvl 3 buildings i have a major problem now. i cant build any of them! While i agree it certainly adds realism to the game, the timing is really bad for me

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:49 pm

the shortage won't last forever. Just make sure when you harvest your minerals next few days, don't sell the darrinyte, and use it for your building upgrades. It is just unfortunate timing for you. Also you can always ask legion members for darrinyte, trade them other minerals for it. Think outside the box.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 pm

You are right, i dont see it as a deadly event, its just pain in the behind due to unfortunate timing. im sure a few hours of minerals and maybe some help from legionmembers ( HINT HINT) will help me on top in no time. For that matter, even if i had the darrinyte i wouldnt have the cash to build them. Am working on a mission which doesnt give cash :P

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Luckily for me dynite and chrysium are still my major minerals :P

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 am

In terms of gameplay, there are several reason I don't like this.

- Every time I log in, I sell all of my minerals out of habit before remembering that I needed to save some darrynite for my new planets.
- Since all of my planetary structures require darrynite, I can't build anything.
- It's bizarre that I just sold 100 something darrynite and yet the market is still out of stock.
- Keeping specific minerals in cargo is EXTREMELY annoying because this prevents you from using the sell all command. The reason this is annoying is because the UI for selling minerals individually is incredibly clunky, requiring you to manually type in the amount for each mineral type. This could be fixed by ditching the confirm checkbox (from a design standpoint, confirmation dialogs only work if they're for uncommon actions), and adding sell all buttons for each mineral type.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:27 am

Dvorjakque +1
i completly agree with you. Dan can you please look at the mineral UI?

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Dvorjakque wrote:
In terms of gameplay, there are several reason I don't like this.

- Every time I log in, I sell all of my minerals out of habit before remembering that I needed to save some darrynite for my new planets.
- Since all of my planetary structures require darrynite, I can't build anything.
- It's bizarre that I just sold 100 something darrynite and yet the market is still out of stock.
- Keeping specific minerals in cargo is EXTREMELY annoying because this prevents you from using the sell all command. The reason this is annoying is because the UI for selling minerals individually is incredibly clunky, requiring you to manually type in the amount for each mineral type. This could be fixed by ditching the confirm checkbox (from a design standpoint, confirmation dialogs only work if they're for uncommon actions), and adding sell all buttons for each mineral type.

Yeah this came up a while ago in the suggestions thread. A bunch of people agreed it would be nice to have a check box next to each mineral, and have an option to sell all checked. It drives me nuts, I try to stockpile certain minerals AND have limited cargo space, so my mineral shipments are on the smaller side. This means I collect, sell most individually, and repeat over and over. "EXTREMELY annoying" is very accurate. But Dan is only 1 guy, and he IS addressing a lot of peoples biggest issues, so I have faith it will change eventually!

Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:34 pm

wulfe wrote:
i dont think this is funny at all. i have just levelled and needed to sell almost my entire reserve to colonize my new planet. As i just learned the lvl 3 buildings i have a major problem now. i cant build any of them! While i agree it certainly adds realism to the game, the timing is really bad for me

as legion for some?

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Well, in all fairness, even with the "Check All" section being all or nothing, the idea is still sound, and realistic. People get screwed by shortages in real life, too. So I like this idea. It might also have to do with me just getting out of the Darrinyte phase and entering into the Hydium/Erixion phase, but eh... :P

But Phase Minefields, for example, cost 10 Darrinyte, and it's for things like that that I need to be especially careful of. It's a brilliant maneuver, in my opinion. Thankfully, I don't think I'll ever run out of Erixion with my Minerals shipments in excess of 4K. XD

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]