View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Planet Scanning Stats 

I purged a bunch of planets today and had an idea. As I get more data I will add to this. Just figured one of the stats guys might be able to do something useful with the data if enough of us contributed.

My Scanning power: 6385

approximatel 520 planets scanned my chances are Very poor
Approximately 490 planets scanned my chances are poor
At Approximately 415 planets scanned my chances are fair
At approximately 385 planets scanned my chances are good
At 297 planets scanned my chances are still "good"

I about 212 of those are my own planets so I am not sure how I would be able to purge enough to get a better chance.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Last edited by Kaos on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:06 pm
Profile WWW

Scan = 5018
339 Planets = Poor
384 Planets = Very Poor

Personally, I much prefer the old percentage rating for the chance instead of this good/fair/poor crap.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm
Profile WWW

No buffing and just current scan of 1630

320 planets found = Very Poor

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Scanning Power: 5402 Planets Discovered: 493 (max)

Scanning Power: 7185 Planets Discovered: 438 (good change to fair, new system), 600+ max (couldn't max out at the time, but close, used over 10k energy)

5719 scan, 345 is max @ 99% (when % was still shown, I miss that). Chart was taken from scan run video data at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q40VVv7vIhM

It is so ridiculous that Dan has to change from % system, but I see failures on what was formerly 99% (really 100%), and I don't think they are due to cloak (which actually has a msg now, only happens once in awhile), so you can fail 20% or something no matter what on a scan, "good" doesn't mean 100%, and maybe you never could have a 99-100% chance. I am still dissatisfied because since there is a cloak message, now we know the other failures are not cloak, so wth does it fail when by all rights you are at 100% ? In other words you failed for no good/explained reason, which is the same issue we had with the % system. My theory used to be that if scan < cloak, you got this auto fail and it wasn't clear, the more rare case is scan > cloak, but you failed anyway, and THAT message is the one that is displayed properly. But, with 7400 scan, it surprises me that the failure rate is still 15-20% regardless.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Kaos you best bet is taking planets... Maybe that why there a flaw? so if I purged 40 of my planets I should get a good chance.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Chakotay wrote:
Kaos you best bet is taking planets... Maybe that why there a flaw? so if I purged 40 of my planets I should get a good chance.

Taking planets becomes financially prohibitive after a certain point though. My invasion cost is over 1B plus changing structures. Unless it is in the xx Mega Rich range, it's just not worth it.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:08 pm
Profile WWW

Darth Flagitious wrote:
Chakotay wrote:

Taking planets becomes financially prohibitive after a certain point though. My invasion cost is over 1B plus changing structures. Unless it is in the xx Mega Rich range, it's just not worth it.

My last invasion today cost me 7.4B and pocket change.

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:42 am

FuriousRage wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Chakotay wrote:

My last invasion today cost me 7.4B and pocket change.

Just proves my point, Rage...

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 am
Profile WWW

I have not hit the billion yet.. gulp

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]