View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Races List 

Commonwealth <TK> wrote:
No offence, thunderbolta but when i find you... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bit of a rank difference? And your not just gunna put a bounty out over that are you?

Mon May 30, 2011 8:19 am
Profile WWW

thunderbolta wrote:
Commonwealth <TK> wrote:
No offence, thunderbolta but when i find you... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bit of a rank difference? And your not just gunna put a bounty out over that are you?

I won't put a bounty or anything, but if you do happen to get alerted in my legion, im just gonnas hack you out ( i won't disable )
:twisted: :twisted: I WANT MEGA COLOSAL

Mon May 30, 2011 8:20 am
Profile WWW

Have fun. :) It has 1120 pop. 1000 defense. 1400 attack. And sh-- just got crit hacked. :!:

Mon May 30, 2011 8:23 am
Profile WWW

thunderbolta wrote:
Have fun. :) It has 1120 pop. 1000 defense. 1400 attack. And sh-- just got crit hacked. :!:

HAHAHA, I WIN AND YOU LO-I lost...

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:43 pm
Profile WWW

silentknight wrote:
As per my original question though, If Konquuls can get their attack bonus to planet invasions, why shouldn't I get my Aerlene bonus to planet defense. If it's too overpowered for me to get the bonus to my planets, then it's likewise too overpowered for him to have it as well.

Think about it terms of the rest of the game mechanics though - your ship's attack is always used in an invasion attempt, but unless you are guarding the planet, your ships defence isn't used in planet defence. So a +20% bonus to ship attack will obviously effect invasion chances because your ship's attack is boosted. But a 30% bonus to ship defence doesn't touch your planet defences unless you guard the planet.

As for balance - increasing invasion chances is a lower 'bonus' than increasing planet defences. You can only attack one planet at a time (and one invasion per 12 hours), but increasing planet defence would be on all planets all the time. So in terms of balance, having a race defence bonus apply to planets is massively more beneficial than having an attack bonus apply when invading (the actual balance would be to have the attack bonus apply to all your planet's attack ratings)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Drezz wrote:
silentknight wrote:
As per my original question though, If Konquuls can get their attack bonus to planet invasions, why shouldn't I get my Aerlene bonus to planet defense. If it's too overpowered for me to get the bonus to my planets, then it's likewise too overpowered for him to have it as well.

Think about it terms of the rest of the game mechanics though - your ship's attack is always used in an invasion attempt, but unless you are guarding the planet, your ships defence isn't used in planet defence. So a +20% bonus to ship attack will obviously effect invasion chances because your ship's attack is boosted. But a 30% bonus to ship defence doesn't touch your planet defences unless you guard the planet.

As for balance - increasing invasion chances is a lower 'bonus' than increasing planet defences. You can only attack one planet at a time (and one invasion per 12 hours), but increasing planet defence would be on all planets all the time. So in terms of balance, having a race defence bonus apply to planets is massively more beneficial than having an attack bonus apply when invading (the actual balance would be to have the attack bonus apply to all your planet's attack ratings)

2 words
mutagenic cartridges
1500 bonus invasion attack is no laughing matter

*ding* hello and welcome to H E L L we hope you enjoy your stay here since it will be forever you have recieved lv 11 of H E L L here you will listening to satan rant about taking over heaven forever. have a nice eternity, thank you.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:05 am

klm546 wrote:
Drezz wrote:
silentknight wrote:

2 words
mutagenic cartridges
1500 bonus invasion attack is no laughing matter

1500 does help but its almost nothing compared to the defenses that could beon some planets and some high rankers attacks

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:34 pm

true.. a mutagenic cartridge + the percentage bonus from 2 atmospheric decimators = roughly a 250 attack or defense building on a planet owned by a 60-member legion...

1500 * 1.07 * 1.07 / 3 / 2.2 = 260.2
so if you add the mutagenic cartridge and they add another 250 atk or def, the invasion chance remains the same....

but still... every little bit counts... ever won or lost a vote by 1 ? the principle is the same

Officer Namba1 of The Unknown, Lv.666+ Dark Smuggler

Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Found this link somewhere.. It's amusing reading the "old" ways with the game thoughts today.

Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 am
Profile WWW

Thats true. Looking at people saying they put 1000 def or 1200 cloak and thinking they would be safe...shows how far the game has come since...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41172&p=418403#p418403 <---Ship log

Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:18 am

Shows how much Base payouts and the quadratic nature of growth (Artifact points) influence power...... If we could take our ships back in the day we would be monsters.....

Sun May 08, 2016 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3