View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 How often do you scan? 

So in order to work on arti, and get my ship to the point I want it, I've come to the conclusion I need to do scan blitzs as much as possible. I'm trying for once every two weeks, and I notice its helping. I got a great VL desert with SS (which I ended up getting rings on), two VM gas planets with SS, two terras that are unoccupied, and a few great planets for both myself and my legionmates, with great artis on them.

How often do you scan? I'm trying to scan everytime I get about 150-200 star chart purgers.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:52 pm

i get about 100 star purgers a week, i mostly save up for event, for scan related event medals. But if the event have a large gap between them, like now. I honestly scan when i have the mind numbing 20 mins to click scan ( on a sat or wed, for the UST buff ) . I scan every 2 weeks, most the times.

And you must be lucky, since in almost 6 months ( maybe more ), until this week ( where i found 2 VL 2X terras, which are okay PP planets ) , i havent found a single planet worth taking, and i mean not a single one, out of 2000+/- 500 planets. Most my scan runs are just a fool hope of finding a good planet, to end up with apile of cr*p, thatll need purging again.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:20 pm

GINK51 wrote:
i get about 100 star purgers a week, i mostly save up for event, for scan related event medals. But if the event have a large gap between them, like now. I honestly scan when i have the mind numbing 20 mins to click scan ( on a sat or wed, for the UST buff ) . I scan every 2 weeks, most the times.

And you must be lucky, since in almost 6 months ( maybe more ), until this week ( where i found 2 VL 2X terras, which are okay PP planets ) , i havent found a single planet worth taking, and i mean not a single one, out of 2000+/- 500 planets. Most my scan runs are just a fool hope of finding a good planet, to end up with apile of cr*p, thatll need purging again.

A lot of planets I find aren't spectacular, but the artis on them sure are. Last scan run I found one with a cross-signal restrainer, and a ToR, thats worth the 5 GP abandon to me, and the effort for the scan run. This week was 3 meta-tuned jammer planets, and a litheor core-tunnel. I see getting great artis worth it too.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:27 pm

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
GINK51 wrote:

A lot of planets I find aren't spectacular, but the artis on them sure are. Last scan run I found one with a cross-signal restrainer, and a ToR, thats worth the 5 GP abandon to me, and the effort for the scan run. This week was 3 meta-tuned jammer planets, and a litheor core-tunnel. I see getting great artis worth it too.

I havent found a CSR in well over a year. Other arti's i've found here and there, but i do still have the missions for them, not to mention i have a lareg stockpile of % cloak arti's apart from CRS, so theyre nothing too special. But still in most runs i dont even find good strucs on crappy planets(zolazin analyser being the exception, but theyre not worth 5 GP to me). I'd say a good 60/70% of my scan run were a waste of 20 mins of my life.

Last edited by GINK51 on Sun May 01, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:31 pm

scanning every 2 weeks at your rank is pretty good.

i just do my scan runs in conjunction with seasonals or legion missions with scan tasks. if i have used a stryll seeker .. i tend to scan for the full hour just to make the most of the limited arti. otherwise i will stop once i have gotten enough planets to finish off the LM task.

i don't usually run the purger mission to speed things up .. but have done so for the oruas chain when it first came out and occasionally at the end of a seasonal to get more of the scan arti drops.

after i pass rank 2200, i will go the Topper route .. maximum scan and maximum purgers every wed / sat ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun May 01, 2016 9:33 pm
Profile WWW

I'm pressing the game pretty hard on how often to scan, which is naturally twice a week.

No reason to scan more often that that due to the UST buff being day specific & Trovar having a 20hr cooldown.

Right now i'm scanning without using my Stryll Seekers, solely because even though i'm scanning twice a week, i'm not doing full scan runs due to my working on my energy bar and waiting for Elios to come around to take advantage of the event only upgrades for solar drills, found whilst scanning.

End goal is to be able to scan twice a week and to be able to scan at least 800+ planets every Wed/Sat. That will require a purger income of 1600 per 7 days.... I can amass 672(4x24 a day @400k aph) from my ap pull so i'll need to look towards my mining to cover the shortfall.

I estimate that i will need to make 1,856,000 EM per week in order to cover that shortfall, so will need to look towards having a mph of roughly 560k per hour. Right now i am sat on 523k so soon this dream will become a reality..... but i won't stop there though. :twisted:

P.S. 800 planets each scan run might sound low to some whom are doing 1k+ planet scans, but bare in mind i be rocking 800 planets owned. ;)

Sun May 01, 2016 11:51 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
P.S. 800 planets each scan run might sound low to some whom are doing 1k+ planet scans, but bare in mind i be rocking 800 planets owned. ;)

Im up to 520 myself . its kinda scary to think at some point one might not be able to scan at all anymore

Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]