View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The stussies who attack and then hide behind a truce 

There is this one little stussy boy named Chris Markey who attacks me and then always hides behind a truce immediately after. I don't care about being attacked, I can handle that and its funny that it takes him a few tries and a lot of artifacts to disable me. What bothers me is that I can't attack back

So what do you guys do when the stussies keep attacking and hiding?

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:15 pm
Profile WWW

I've never really saw any point in attacking unless its for raiding or invasion. And I don't raid. Hacking people used to sometimes trigger some legion attacks on me, but the truces didn't mean as much when the newsfeed was 7 days long. Especially when traps leave you on the newsfeed. I guess if your main goal is to be on the kills leaderboard it would get pretty annoying. If you want to fight a lot, artifacts come in handy. Containment cages are pretty easy to get and come in sets (I think). They don't work on halcyon traps though. but traps also serve to keep their name in your newsfeed if you really just want to keep the vendetta going.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:33 pm

get some omnicroms :twisted:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 pm

I guess I didn't phrase my question well. What do you do to someone who keeps attacking you and then immediately hides behind a truce afterwards? Traps only do so much and most wear off quickly. Someone can keep attacking until they win, especially if you aren't around. Containment cages don't remove truce.

- #3 with level 6 base and #3 in Legion strength (not just NPC fighters)
- 13 Lab creations (all the best)
- Our base gives 22000 RP a day

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:21 pm
Profile WWW

Kaos wrote:
I guess I didn't phrase my question well. What do you do to someone who keeps attacking you and then immediately hides behind a truce afterwards? Traps only do so much and most wear off quickly. Someone can keep attacking until they win, especially if you aren't around. Containment cages don't remove truce.

never really had to deal with someone using calming amplifiers on themself. try a containment missile... don't know if it works, probably will. better yet, just wait him out or attack someone for a better reason than vengeance.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:48 pm

I dont think containment missles remove traps. I think in another thread Dan said it didnt but cant remember which.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 am

Robert wrote:
I dont think containment missles remove traps. I think in another thread Dan said it didnt but cant remember which.

I thought that was one of the gripes against multi-account players. I thought containment missiles could remove trap effects once they are triggered, not the set-trap itself. But then you can't really fire one at yourself. Not sure. Pretty sure I'm remembering that wrong since a multi-account would just get a peon to trigger the trap. Containment cages only really work against omicron nets. I think he's talking about "calming amplifiers" though, not halcyon traps or omicron nets. You pacify yourself, not someone else when you use it. 12 hours too. Ha, next time I get 4 of those I'll mass-hack someone ridiculously powerful that has a bad attitude and tell you if they use containment missiles on me. I think I've been scrapping calming amplifiers for cargo space. I doubt you can defend a planet with it on. if containment cages work on those, and missiles don't, then one could play hokey-pokey all day long.

There's pretty much nothing you can do about traps. I'm pretty sure missiles work on just about everything.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:19 am

SpoonyJank wrote:
...Containment cages only really work against omicron nets....

Dont forget the artifacts you use that do something like reduces target's attack by 10% or something. Containment cages remove those.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:28 am

Simple, if the truce comes from calming amplifier => Containement missile + attack

If the truce comes from a trap set off on him => Wait for the truce go off and kill, or ... Simply Hack him :D

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]