View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Terra project mission question 

The Terra Project
Terraforming a planet is a complex and costly endeavor. Our scientists have been researching ways into a universal method, but we need more terraforming devices. Trust me, in the end it will be worth the effort.

Since its a 0/10 mission and requires a Terraforming device. does that mean it will take 10 terraforming devices to finish the quest??

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:28 am

From what I have heard here, yes. The reward is well worth it though!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 am

DelTako wrote:
The Terra Project
Terraforming a planet is a complex and costly endeavor. Our scientists have been researching ways into a universal method, but we need more terraforming devices. Trust me, in the end it will be worth the effort.

Since its a 0/10 mission and requires a Terraforming device. does that mean it will take 10 terraforming devices to finish the quest??

Yes, You need 10 terraforming device. Don't rush the mission though. I would highly recommend you to be an experienced player (Not in-game XP) before finishing this mission as the reward once used, can actually be "stolen" from you. Best to have some experience in this game rather than rush the mission and lose it all.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 pm

good to know. I was doing this mission as soon as each time I got a terraforming device.

It's just a guess but I imagine the reward lets you terraform an existing planet into something great which would cause anyone who scans it to attempt (or successfully) steal the planet.
Is this about right?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Yes, almost. Just change the word "Attempt" to "do anything within their power to"

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 pm

so what exactly does it do? Depending on how it works, it may be best used on a very massive very sparse planet...

Run.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:38 am

Spoiler Below:
The Hyper Terraformer transforms any planet into a Massive Exotic with over 13X Mega Rich in every category. Since it transforms the size of the planet as well, its best to use it on the smallest, most sparse planet you have.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:41 am

awesome, I know a few of those...thanks!

Run.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:53 am

I wish the mission completion was higher. So do the CC warriors. A terraformer is still pretty good by itself though. A 25% bonus (on top of an existing bonus) is going to have the same benefit on any equally sized planet if the buildings are of the same quality, no matter the original resource quality. That is what a normal terraformer does. But chassis work best on a terra since they usually have all resources pretty high in the first place. I try to spread them between my largest chassis'd out planets. It's always some class M planet at least. I'm pretty sure a terra can end up as good as an exotic. It would take at least 10 terraformers though. the mission basically doubles (if not more) the benefit.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]