View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 never ending war? 

how the heck do u stop some1 from continuing bombarding you. i am getting really annoyed with some players who wouldnt stop killing and raiding and hacking me over and over again, when i have not done anything to them to start with. what the heck? esp. Kuren and susan

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:09 am

Cover your a** :P
Which means, use lots of cloacks and artifacts which doesn't allow them to attack you, there is one which can protect you for 12h. In time they will forget you and the cloack woun't let them find you between the rest of the victims.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 am

there msut be some other way that stop those high lvls from picking on us much lower lvl ppl. more of like picking on som1 of thier own size? i know it is just s game but it somewhat turned into personal now thanks to Kuren. he needs to be whacked on his a**. lol jk

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Just because I am a higher level doesn't mean you can't kill me. Deck size is hard to come by, so while I can put on a lot of weapons and defense, I leave open my cloaking and scanning, making me vulnerable to being hacked. Or visa versa, if I put on cloaking and scanning, I have to uninstall my weapons and defense, making me vulnerable to being killed.

Usually I like to keep my cloaking and scanning high, because I don't want my planet locations to be hacked from my database, but recently I acquired a nice exotic planet that you know the location of, and I am trying to keep it guarded, so you don't take the planet back. So I'm trying to keep a balance of defense/attack, and keeping my cloaking/scanning to a minimum.

You were able to kill me last night, so you now know that just because I'm L90, doesn't make me that much stronger than you.
And your friend (I'm assuming you alerted me to your legion) stole hundreds of minerals from me over night.

There is a limit to who I can choose to battle with. When I click on the Battle Tab, I can only see people down to like L50, and I only see 2 people on my list, unless I install a lot of scanning (and cloaking?).

Susan and I have been trying to hack you because you have THE LARGEST PLANET in the universe, and we want it!!! I won't say your name or your planet, but O M G, it's delicious and we want it.

Also, Dan reduced the cooldown on hacking and raiding from 5 minutes to 25 minutes (after a successful attack). So at least you can't be hacked 12 times an hour.

Also, you may have noticed yesterday that when Susan hacked you yesterday (because your scanning was so high) her hack failed, and you got a critical reverse-hack and discovered the location of one her HER planets, YIKES!!!

Also, to be fail, Susan is much lower level than you are, it's not the level of your ship, but how you strategize that makes you win.

Here are some hints on how to stay off the radar, so people can't even target you:
1. keep your number of kills low, so you aren't in the top 8, so you won't show up in the Legion Leaders area.
2. try not to do anything that puts your name on an enemy's Ships Log, or else they will be able to target you for days by just clicking on your name.
3. keep your cloaking high, so you don't show up in the Battle list

it's all fun and about picking a good strategy

GL, lemme know if you have any questions, i'll try to help you kill and raid and hack me better : )

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:58 pm

considering that u have already conquered that exotica. that good planet that u guys were aiming for is the only good one left for me. and i am not the only one wh has found these good planets lol. at least now i see why u guys would'nt stop bombarding me

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:12 pm

i'm sure you have plenty of good planets

gimme!!! lol

all mine, mine mine mine ... muwahaha

j/k

:lol:

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:24 pm

i see. HAH! then lets just hope you will never get what u want
Mwahahahahahaha.
cheers.
And about susan , it is jsut not my style to pick on someone lower level than me.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Sloth wrote:
i see. HAH! then lets just hope you will never get what u want
Mwahahahahahaha.
cheers.
And about susan , it is jsut not my style to pick on someone lower level than me.

haha you are funny! and what do you call this? :D

1 day ago From: ****
Your ship has been disabled by ****!

1 day, 6 hours ago From: ****
Your ship has been disabled by ****!

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:39 pm
Profile YIM

wow, after you hacked me 3 times today, I went to try to attack you, but even though you are 30 levels lower than me, you have more attack, more defense, and more cloaking, more scanning

i don't think you need to worry about high levels attacking you, you are one of the strongest (if not THE strongest) players in the game

also, I notice you have the largest legion in the game, so that makes you really strong in many ways

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Hatred in the air, yay!

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:35 am

Yeh it does get annoying. Before I knew what artifacts were I kept getting beaten to a pulp by [NAME REMOVED]. Now I have an insane amount of artifacts (I have so many I keep having to sell the planetary defense/attack ones =/)

I would highly suggest focusing on artifacts at least a little at first (I would put a ton in but thats me) because not only are there ones that can half your opponents def and att, you can boost your own def and att. Also some artifacts give you crazy good boosts. Androids, energy cubes, rescued prisoners, terraformers are awesome and boost many stats permanently.

Also don't focus on ammassing the ones that make you unhittable as with a containment missile you can take off your enemies truce effect. Also don't focus on ammassing the ones that make your enemy unhittable as containment cages are easy to come by and you can take the effect off easily.

All in all if you are focused on anything but artifacts change the way you play asap or you will be left in the dust. I personally hate warring but I stay prepared.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:37 pm

I got to disagree with Noah here by having a ridiculous amount of containment missiles and such im able not only take down anyone but defend against anything (as long as i on of course) and provide an extraordinary amount of hep to legion members

Last edited by Cothordin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:36 am

Probably some nerfing should be considered, or limitation like players not to be allowed to possess more than, say 10 artifacts or have more than 3 artifacts active at a time. Just my 2c.

Cheers!

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:35 pm

ivobooks wrote:
Probably some nerfing should be considered, or limitation like players not to be allowed to possess more than, say 10 artifacts or have more than 3 artifacts active at a time. Just my 2c.

Cheers!

In some ways I would agree with you. However, if a person wants to run through 3 short term artifacts he should be able to. The artifacts are very powerful but it does take time to ammass the ones that are beneficial for war, even with a lot of points in artifacts. I really didn't like the artifacts until I started to think about how useful they are. Artifacts don't last a long time for most. The planets ones last the longest and they should as it would be a pain in the ass to keep having to log in every 2 hours to reapply sentry guards. Most players don't use artifacts every hour, only when they are necessary. It is moreso something to be conscience of when you attack a player because you have no idea what type of weaponry he has hidden in the cargo.

The one thing that I do not like about artifacts is the high percentage of negation. 50 percent for both attack and defense is a HUGE amount to negate even if it is only for an hour. It pretty much renders any build as useless because if you kill my 400 defense i will still have 200 and as long as you have more attack then 200 you will do some damage. The same goes for attack. When you hit me with both my attack goes to 100+ and defense goes to 200, basically rendering my equipment useless. I do believe that some of the artifacts are grossly overpowered. Even increasing my attack 50 pc adds 100 damage. If I double my defense with a grid console my defense goes up to about 750+ . Also you can use both ancient crystal foci and crimson obilisk at the same time (i think) for a nice 70 percent attack increase.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm

on the contrary I think the opposite of you Noah, I like the fact that even the rank #1 is vulnerable ... You can attack him but then you'll have to suffer the consequences.

For instance, when Kuren was like lvl 50 and me 30, I hacked him several times haha :p I wanted to get the Dyson he had (me being fool) ... I found it fun to hack him several times. Then suddenly I got disabled by him and the rank #2 ... He alerted his legion for me poor little flee :p

I thought the same at the time ... Like you should nerf the fact that they can see the attacker name and ship for 7 days ... But man, if you are aggressive, you have to assume ^^

I understand pretty well the strategy of trying to get a dyson ... I wish I could get my hands on such planets. I got pretty unlucky on planets but got my deal of good gas ones and that's cool for a vygoid like me ;)

I don't know what is the strategy of the developper, but it looks like they target a small communauty of hardcore players ... And try to taunt them by giving them some challenge? It could also discourage people to see someone changing race all the time to fit the exact need and who has the best ore after his name ;) (gimme Kurenite !!! :p)

hey guys, please extend your virality tools ... I'd like to see 100k players on this game :)

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 am

I got to agree Zhor on this, i like being able to blast away people in 5 hits because of artifacts

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:58 am

.concur

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 am

I guess that is my problem. In my opinion a level difference like 30 to 50 is a pretty big difference. 20 x 5 points is 100 point difference. I prefer to put my points into decks so I would have 100 deck points. I then throw some good defensive items on there and im good. However some level 30 with only weapons equipped and maybe a defensive item comes slamming me with a emp or a disarming. I like being able to beat the high players as well, however I think as a game it should not be that way. If you work (or even spend money for energy in some cases) for your levels you should get a sense of security. You have to realize that yes this is a new game and if you get 100k players like you are going to want to you will have a lot of level 20/30/40/50/60 etc. players. The way I see it at the moment is that your simply allowing this "easy" pvp because you don't have enough people wanting to play. (Just my opinion) The problem is that these "hardcore" players aren't really hardcore. If you were hardcore you would work to obtain the items/level that your enemy has and gain friends along the way to take down your opponent.

I am not against artifacts as I think that they are great. But tbh I can take down just about anyone with the gear I have on and don't even need artifacts (in most cases). I think it does the game wrong to focus on artifacts because all the work put into the research tree AND obtaining the items becomes useless when a level 30 hits you with a emp or a disarming. I would be more for making the bonuses smaller so you actually have to put some energy into taking people out.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Also to continue on with my point, when these low levels (level 30) kill us at higher levels (level 55+) we are forced to pay more for repairs. I had a nub kill me a few hours ago and it cost me 150k to repair. As Kuren said the price for repair is very high at higher levels. It is harder for me to get off that kind of money when you guys are already raping me with upkeep costs.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Scottie, I need moar minerals!!

get those mines digging!

hehe

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next