View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:16 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Decrypting the Vault 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Pirate Space
Post Decrypting the Vault
Not really an issue, just, something I noticed.

Decrypting the Vault no longer shows needing RSL Anti-Cryptex.
I'm only 7/10 completed, and it showed still needing the Cryptex up until a few days ago.
I have to 'Stack all Artifacts" every so often because of the multitude of Cryptexes that I have.

There isn't anything in the update logs.

_________________
Request Your Banners Here
Image
Message Posted on your Comm: Can you please stop disabling me. It's costing me too much to repair


Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 pm
Posts: 1061
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
Yep, that is the way it works. Can't use them after a certain amount of time, so they will continue to multiply until you complete the mission.
Double checked on wiki for confirmation as it was a long time ago for me.

http://www.galaxylegion.com/wiki/index. ... _the_Vault


Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Pirate Space
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
Deigobene wrote:
Yep, that is the way it works. Can't use them after a certain amount of time, so they will continue to multiply until you complete the mission.
Double checked on wiki for confirmation as it was a long time ago for me.

http://www.galaxylegion.com/wiki/index. ... _the_Vault



Image

Right next to 178 NRG should be a bucket. That bucket shows you items required.
Up until a few days ago, it was always there.
Unless, it will reappear when this stage is completed.
If so, then it's new.

_________________
Request Your Banners Here
Image
Message Posted on your Comm: Can you please stop disabling me. It's costing me too much to repair


Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3323
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
no, it's not new. you just never noticed before.

_________________
Rank 2734 Mylarai Explorer 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 61353 raids: #1; 61683 hacks: #1; 32649 kills: #2;


Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:14 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 173
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
That's a bucket? I always saw it as a barrel

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Pirate Space
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
senatorhung wrote:
no, it's not new. you just never noticed before.


It was there up until a few days ago because I keep bypassing that mission.
I check requirements of missions before I start, or restart them.

_________________
Request Your Banners Here
Image
Message Posted on your Comm: Can you please stop disabling me. It's costing me too much to repair


Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3323
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
DariousTheDark wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
no, it's not new. you just never noticed before.


It was there up until a few days ago because I keep bypassing that mission.
I check requirements of missions before I start, or restart them.

read the wiki page for the mission again. the info is there. the mission is working as intended.

you are at 7 of 10 on the mission. so you can use RSL cryptex a MAXIMUM of 3 times. you used it 3x. now you can't use RSL cryptex until you have finished. on round 8 .. you can only use RSL cryptex 2x. as i said before, you just didn't notice on the previous completions.

given the THOUSANDS of players who have completed that mission, you would think that someone else would have noticed a 'bug' before now if it existed.

_________________
Rank 2734 Mylarai Explorer 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 61353 raids: #1; 61683 hacks: #1; 32649 kills: #2;


Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Pirate Space
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
I know how the mission works.

Like I said, the bucket, or, barrel is now missing.
It was always there no matter how much of the mission was completed.
Unless it now goes away as you complete the set, or sets of the mission, then it's new
because it was always there until a few days ago, and I haven't touched the mission in weeks.

_________________
Request Your Banners Here
Image
Message Posted on your Comm: Can you please stop disabling me. It's costing me too much to repair


Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:52 pm
Posts: 291
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
DariousTheDark wrote:
Like I said, the bucket, or, barrel is now missing.

I don't think there has ever been a bucket there, because the mission doesn't "consume" the artifact, you use it separately.


Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Pirate Space
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
Guide wrote:
DariousTheDark wrote:
Like I said, the bucket, or, barrel is now missing.

I don't think there has ever been a bucket there, because the mission doesn't "consume" the artifact, you use it separately.


It was there to show you the requirement of the mission, that's my point.

_________________
Request Your Banners Here
Image
Message Posted on your Comm: Can you please stop disabling me. It's costing me too much to repair


Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:52 pm
Posts: 291
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
DariousTheDark wrote:
Guide wrote:
DariousTheDark wrote:
Like I said, the bucket, or, barrel is now missing.

I don't think there has ever been a bucket there, because the mission doesn't "consume" the artifact, you use it separately.


It was there to show you the requirement of the mission, that's my point.

But it's not a requirement, is my point.


Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Pirate Space
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
Image

Since I can now use 2 RSL Anti-Cryptexes, it should appear, correct?

My point, all along, is that the bucket was there prior to a few weeks ago.

_________________
Request Your Banners Here
Image
Message Posted on your Comm: Can you please stop disabling me. It's costing me too much to repair


Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:05 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:24 am
Posts: 299
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
Darious I applaud you for coming back to the game even though there are still pompous A-holes still around.........


Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3323
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
if, as you say, the bucket was previously 'there', then i'd say that Dan fixed it recently, since as Guide said, the use of the rsl cryptex is OPTIONAL, and is not consumed by just doing the mission normally. so your issue is a non.issue.

_________________
Rank 2734 Mylarai Explorer 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 61353 raids: #1; 61683 hacks: #1; 32649 kills: #2;


Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:32 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:52 pm
Posts: 291
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
DariousTheDark wrote:
My point, all along, is that the bucket was there prior to a few weeks ago.

If memory serves correctly, the bucket has never been there.

I have tried finding images via search here on the forum and on Google, but I haven't been able to find any images of the mission with or without the bucket.


Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Pirate Space
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
senatorhung wrote:
... so your issue is a non.issue.

I actually never said it was an issue.
DariousTheDark wrote:
Not really an issue, just, something I noticed.


Guide wrote:
If memory serves correctly, the bucket has never been there.

I have tried finding images via search here on the forum and on Google, but I haven't been able to find any images of the mission with or without the bucket.


I remember submitting a ticket back around June/August stating the fact that the RSL still showed being a usable item even though I used them.
I was on a radical sabbatical for so long, that I forgot how the mission worked, and had to ask if I was doing it right.
The RSL bucket was still visible up until a few weeks ago, and I thought it was odd when it disappeared.
I checked in the updates, and found nothing.

About the time it went missing :

23:19, 30 October 2019 (hist) (diff) m Template:NPCRSLNav ‎ (top)
23:19, 30 October 2019 (hist) (diff) m RSL Data Uplink (artifact) ‎ (top)
23:18, 30 October 2019 (hist) (diff) m RSL Data Uplink (NPC) ‎ (top)

*grammatical error

_________________
Request Your Banners Here
Image
Message Posted on your Comm: Can you please stop disabling me. It's costing me too much to repair


Last edited by DariousTheDark on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3323
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
DariousTheDark wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
... so your issue is a non.issue.

I actually never said it was an issue.


YOU posted this in the 'Issues and Support' topic. if it's not an issue, shut up already.

DariousTheDark wrote:
I remember submitting a ticket back around June/August stating the fact that the RSL still showed being a usable item even though I used them.
I was on a radical sabbatical for so long, that I forgot how the mission worked, and had to ask if I was doing it right.
The RSL bucket was still visible up until a few weeks ago, and I thought it was odd when it disappeared.
I checked in the updates, and found nothing.


let me get this straight .. YOU sent in a ticket to Dan about the RSL cryptex displaying on the mission tab .. Dan FIXES it .. and now you are trying to figure out why Dan made the change ??? quit fracking trolling.

DariousTheDark wrote:
About the time it went missing :

23:19, 30 October 2019 (hist) (diff) m Template:NPCRSLNav ‎ (top)
23:19, 30 October 2019 (hist) (diff) m RSL Data Uplink (artifact) ‎ (top)
23:18, 30 October 2019 (hist) (diff) m RSL Data Uplink (NPC) ‎ (top)


the wiki edits were merely housekeeping to display the images. we've been doing that for months now.

_________________
Rank 2734 Mylarai Explorer 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 61353 raids: #1; 61683 hacks: #1; 32649 kills: #2;


Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Pirate Space
Post Re: Decrypting the Vault
senatorhung wrote:
let me get this straight .. YOU sent in a ticket to Dan about the RSL cryptex displaying on the mission tab .. Dan FIXES it .. and now you are trying to figure out why Dan made the change ??? quit fracking trolling.


galaxis wrote:
Darious I applaud you for coming back to the game even though there are still pompous A-holes still around.........


As stated, it wasn't an issue, and, it was never an issue.
It was an observation.
If the RSL was usable in the mission, then so be it.
When it is no longer usable, then yes, remove it.
If it was a fix or patch, it should have appeared in the forums, correct?
If you're going to say, "they don't post every patch", then there's my short answer.

The option was there.
It was always there.
It was removed.
That's my point.

Hash it anyway you want.
Say what you want.
You seem to be the troll that has to post in every thread.
FFS, you're just as bad as tree used to be.

_________________
Request Your Banners Here
Image
Message Posted on your Comm: Can you please stop disabling me. It's costing me too much to repair


Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: