View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Share Artifact window bugged - blank window 

Clicking Share on the artifact page pops up a blank window (no text, no images, no buttons). My timer gets reset to 24 hours as I would expect, but I'm unable to actually share the artifact with my friends since there are no buttons on the window.

I've left the blank window open for several hours and still nothing appeared (no text, no images, no buttons). I've tried several different artifacts and the same blank window appears in all cases.

It's possible that I bugged myself: The first artifact I tried to share was one that had been shared with me by a friend. I was curious to see if you could send the same artifact back and forth.

Thanks "Team"!

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Thanks - it does look like some people are getting the popup ( from facebook ) to work and not others. What browser are you using by chance?

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Firefox 3.6, Addons: AdblockPlus, Delicious, DownThemAll

I haven't tried sharing with IE8 yet.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks. I think the best way will be to post an alert / news feed item of the share that you can click on afterwards. That way, if there are any issues with it you can always click again to retry. Thus, it will work similarly to wall updates that you post on new Ranks.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Success! I just shared an artifact in Firefox 3.6.3

Thanks for the quick fix!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Looks like I posted too soon!

It *appears* as though sharing an artifact works in Firefox - everything works except for claiming the artifact. Any player (including the first) that tries to claim the artifact is told its already claimed. I've verified this several times.

I'm not sure if it's the posting or the claiming that causes the problem

I switched to IE and took the same steps, and the artifact was actually shared and appeared in my inventory.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:50 am

Appeared in your inventory? Are you saying sharing a Flux probe duplicates them in your inventory? Or do you mean by sharing it does not remove it from your inventory? Sharing = no effect on your inventory, it just makes a copy so that others can take it. Also, 1 artifact can only be shared once, claimed once. So re-sharing the same artifact using Ship's log yield a share post but the artifact was already taken a few days back probably.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:36 am

hes saying that when he tried to claim artifacts others had tried to share this problem happened

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Not sure, it seems to me that Lordfate is doing the sharing, he/she can't keep on testing other people's share is its most probably taken. Have to wait for Lordfate to clarify.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:37 pm

I used my girlfriend's account to try to claim an artifact I shared. In Firefox the artifact was immediately marked as taken, in less than 30 seconds. This happened multiple times so I think it's very unlikely anyone is watching my wall that closely (at 7am).

Once my sharing timer was up I switched to IE to do both the sharing and claiming and it worked. I also just successfully shared in IE and claimed in Firefox, so it looks like the issue is specific to sharing in Firefox and has nothing to do with claiming.

Here are the scenarios I've tried:

Shared--Claimed--Success?
Firefox---Firefox---No
IE8-------IE8-------Yes
IE8-------Firefox---Yes

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Thanks - if you see this happen again, send me the full URL to the share (on some browsers just right click on the link in your wall and choose "Copy Link Address") and PM me with that. I can look into what happened in that specific case as everything is tracked. :)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:34 am

http://apps.facebook.com/galaxylegion/l ... E2MA%3D%3D

This artifact was shared in IE8 on my girlfriend's computer (Vista) and I tried to claim it in Firefox 3.6 less than a minute later and it was already marked as claimed.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]