View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Planet Change - Rank 20 

Concerned about rank 20 implementation. Would be unfair if they got a good share of planets and never level up to rank 20. This immunity could last forever in this case

EDIT: Perhaps put a timer if they stay on the same rank too long/ reach a certain threshold such as first 2 weeks or 20 rank, whichever comes first

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:13 am

Yes, see my *last* (updated) comment in the status update. I'm still trying to determine how long that period should be... :)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:18 am

Oh, well perhaps you can try look at how long an average player takes to reach rank 20. I think that would help decide on the time.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:22 am

ah glorious testing, how you will be a PITA :twisted:

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:27 am

This rank 20 thing allowed a rank 2 player to steal my best research planet fully developed with maximum level research devices that he cannot obtain for at least 10-15 ranks. Now I cannot take it back. You want my opinion? This was poorly thought out and implemented.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:23 am

Perhaps all invaded planets should be exempted from this update? That way the update won't provide immunity to those who invades before just before the update

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:29 am

Are players still not putting any defenses on their planets?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 am

From my experience, lower rank players tend to overdo the defenses till production <10 points per hour. Seems like higher rank players put more emphasis on production instead. :(

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:40 am

Barracuda wrote:
Perhaps all invaded planets should be exempted from this update? That way the update won't provide immunity to those who invades before just before the update

This would be awsome but i dont think there are records of this.

Aeterni Loki wrote:
This rank 20 thing allowed a rank 2 player to steal my best research planet fully developed with maximum level research devices that he cannot obtain for at least 10-15 ranks. Now I cannot take it back. You want my opinion? This was poorly thought out and implemented.

Sorry that your getting the short end of the stick with this but just be patient and when the opportunity comes take it back. I know that must suck for you but you got to ask yourself "how would I stop high ranks ganging up on low ranks, low ranks stealing planets with almost no repercussions while high ranks have huge ones, and how would I implement this while pissing off the least amount of people as possible?"

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:43 am

Well, I am sure there's a way to track recently invaded planets (48 hrs) but perhaps this task would be tedious :(

EDIT: Sure -> I think

Last edited by Barracuda on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:45 am

webguydan wrote:

Im waiting until I need to on mine.

Barracuda wrote:
From my experience, lower rank players tend to overdo the defenses till production <10 points per hour. Seems like higher rank players put more emphasis on production instead. :(

This is completely true (atleast in my experience). Im thinking of this like a RTS, going for a booming economy so i can be awesome in endgame,which is never-ending in this game soooo..........

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:45 am

Barracuda wrote:
Well, I am sure there's a way to track recently invaded planets (48 hrs) but perhaps this task would be tedious :(

EDIT: Sure -> I think

Maybe, idk i didnt make the game, but id be willing to bet money that if there is it would be tedious.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:47 am

Aeterni Loki, I would be willing to "compensate" you for taking the time to post your situation. (Further requests like this should be sent directly to me as a PM/email and I can check the logs accordingly)

This change had to happen sooner rather than later - the longer and more players that entered the Galaxy, the harder it would be for everyone. In fact, the situation Aeterni described (low level players taking your nice planet that you left sitting undefended) was one of the reasons this change was being pushed out. Though the shakeout of such a large change, there will certainly be few situations like this.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:54 am

Aeterni Loki wrote:

i would remove the protection for those who have 1 or more invasions no matter what level they are. if they are ready to invade planets, they are ready to have theirs invaded too. only fair in this case because the previous owners have the right to get it back.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:45 am

webguydan wrote:
hunter wrote:
i would remove the protection for those who have 1 or more invasions no matter what level they are. if they are ready to invade planets, they are ready to have theirs invaded too. only fair in this case because the previous owners have the right to get it back.

That *might* work, but not in all situations...

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:57 am

Keep in mind as well that you penalize prohibitively on the cost scale for each planet detected in a scan, so now that I can no longer get my prime research planet back, I can also not afford to find new ones till I can afford the space for multiple larger scanning devices. OH LOOK, the newest planet I discovered belongs to a rank 4 player. You can see how this is becoming increasingly annoying, to the point this may become a make or break issue. The idea suggested that I was somehow at fault for not putting sufficient defenses on the planet was cute. Planetary defenses are just not up to the scale of ship offensive weapons. I had parked my ship in orbit, as this new player seemed to determined to take it from me. He had once already and I payed the prohibitive 250,000 credits to take it back. Then I was attacked by someone else on another planet. So I moved my ship to attack that person. And you know what that is when he took it the second time. SO, if I end up with a scan page full of planets I cannot attack, I assure you this game will quickly spiral into the not worth playing column.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:04 pm

webguydan wrote:

I think the biggest problem here is that defenses probably weren't researched much. In order to get those defenses you have to have a large amount of hull researched. (which in my opinion isn't really needed as much as weapons/defenses etc.) The reason I never researched hull/shield is because even with the 280 total shield/hull I take 1-3 damage from people who have less than 700 attack. When I add a bunch of hull/shield I have around 500+ and take 3-6 damage or more in some cases. This increases repair costs needlessly when it isn't really doing much.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:29 pm

webguydan wrote:
webguydan wrote:
hunter wrote:

That *might* work, but not in all situations...

Actually if you added this into the intro explanation that you get when you first start, this might work well. Something like: "If you are big enough to invade, realize that you open yourself up to invasions before level 20"

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Aeterni Loki wrote:
Keep in mind as well that you penalize prohibitively on the cost scale for each planet detected in a scan, so now that I can no longer get my prime research planet back, I can also not afford to find new ones till I can afford the space for multiple larger scanning devices. OH LOOK, the newest planet I discovered belongs to a rank 4 player. You can see how this is becoming increasingly annoying, to the point this may become a make or break issue. The idea suggested that I was somehow at fault for not putting sufficient defenses on the planet was cute. Planetary defenses are just not up to the scale of ship offensive weapons. I had parked my ship in orbit, as this new player seemed to determined to take it from me. He had once already and I payed the prohibitive 250,000 credits to take it back. Then I was attacked by someone else on another planet. So I moved my ship to attack that person. And you know what that is when he took it the second time. SO, if I end up with a scan page full of planets I cannot attack, I assure you this game will quickly spiral into the not worth playing column.

a few questions questions
1: What is your rank? Because if your low rank (20<) just focus on ranking up, trust me its better in the long run you can get an empire of planets later when all those guys who do nothing but pvp are far behind you.
2: How much defense are you putting on your planets?
3: Are you researching things to improve your defense?
4: Are you trying to get a legion of at least 15 people so you can reach the legion bonus cap?
5: Have you messaged Dan about compensation for losing the chance to get back your planet like Dan said you could?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Noah wrote:
Actually if you added this into the intro explanation that you get when you first start, this might work well. Something like: "If you are big enough to invade, realize that you open yourself up to invasions before level 20"

ya something like this would be very helpful, and also putting this out in the "Galaxy News" would be great for those who dont check the forums but who have done the tutorial.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next