View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Resources not updating properly as planets mature 

I've noticed this, and one other person in my legion has as well. The resourses gained total on the trade tab hasn't been updating as our planets age, unless we click on the aging planet. *then* it updates. Is this a display bug, or has it genuinely not been building these resources until we poked it?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:17 pm

yes razor sadly that has been the way it has worked all along.....if this was the way it is supposed to happen or not, it has always been that way. If you do not revisit the plant again it will not give you credit for the new production per hr until you do.

I found this out the hard way and when I went back to my planet my production went up over 1k per hr lol just think of the lost production there lol…..

Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:21 pm

I imagine that it's a lot easier (reduces lag) if the server only has to update planets that players are actively looking at in close detail. that's probably also the reason the resources produced by each planet are added up and lumped into a single timer. Also of note is the fact that if a particular resource produces a decimal amount per hour, it will multiply that decimal by the number of production ticks since you last played and then round up/down to give a whole number. (in other words, if you get 666.6 research/hour, you actually get 667 if you're there to collect right away but only 1333 if you allowed 2 ticks to happen since last playing GL)

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Jesus I just went through my planets after seeing this, I gained 400 research, 300 artifacts and almost that much in minerals per hour. Have to wonder how much I missed out on because of this. :evil:

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]