View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 players attacking with total immunity 

i was attacked today by a player who was at his disable limit. he was able to attack me with complete immunity, while i cannot retailiate.

somehow, this doesnt seem right.... he loses the fight repeatably then gets to attack at will. if he has reached that limit, and i cannot attack him, he should not be able to attack me either.

if he is attacking me, i should be able to protect myself and put him down. it should either stop him from attacking, or remove his disable limit.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:06 am

spacecowboy wrote:
i was attacked today by a player who was at his disable limit. he was able to attack me with complete immunity, while i cannot retailiate.

somehow, this doesnt seem right.... he loses the fight repeatably then gets to attack at will. if he has reached that limit, and i cannot attack him, he should not be able to attack me either.

if he is attacking me, i should be able to protect myself and put him down. it should either stop him from attacking, or remove his disable limit.

He was at disable 0 / Raid 0 / Hack 0 ?
I'm not sure I understand.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:36 am

you can get negative numbers pretty easily. The way it rolls over can be taken advantage of. Right now there are 3 people from a group attacking me while I am only disabling one of them. After I am disabled 3 rimes, it is guaranteed to be a tit for tat battle with that one person either receiving all the tats or having no opportunity to disable me. I could also sweep the traps off all of them, but there isn't much point. Singling people out is merely a half-way effective counter to being ganged up on.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:16 am

Quote:
He was at disable 0 / Raid 0 / Hack 0 ?
I'm not sure I understand.

disable 0 / raid 4 / hack 0

and attacked me PVP

i was checking him every few minutes for the disables to click over

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Quote:
ou can get negative numbers pretty easily. The way it rolls over can be taken advantage of. Right now there are 3 people from a group attacking me while I am only disabling one of them. After I am disabled 3 rimes, it is guaranteed to be a tit for tat battle with that one person either receiving all the tats or having no opportunity to disable me. I could also sweep the traps off all of them, but there isn't much point. Singling people out is merely a half-way effective counter to being ganged up on.

yeah, i have seen that too, except that in this case, he had been disabled for several hours. i was actually waiting for the hacks to reset, since they were due

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:29 pm

Yeah, I heard of some complains about the exploitation of friends outside legions able to target that player to disable/hack over and over again to the limit of 0 disable/hack then that player is able to fight in full invulnerable mode knowing that he cannot lose any planets cuz friends who hacked him will not steal planets.. Other exploitation is about the net every 4 hours casted by friends outside legions that also grant them invulnerable 24/7 as well while 0 hack thanks to friends that'll give them a complete invulnerable..

What's more, that player intentionally get disabled to 0 limit by friends then he will be able to defend his planet invulnerable cuz he cannot even be disabled along with planet immunity to artifact.. That is another exploitation related to friends outside the legions feature..

I think friends in the list outside legions gotta go.. Too much exploitation involved in that way.. Disable that outside-the-legion-friends feature certainly will fix lot of things.. Too much abuse is involved that I don't think it could be fixed by keeping friends feature outside legions.. Friends in the legion works very well because you cannot attack or hack your own legion member that won't give you the exploitation..

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:25 pm

Maybe we shouldn't be able to attack or use artifacts on our friends, instead of removing the friend feature altogether. Why would a real friend want to attack another friend, unless the intention is to exploit? This should be an easy fix (relatively).

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:48 pm

sinsa wrote:
Maybe we shouldn't be able to attack or use artifacts on our friends, instead of removing the friend feature altogether. Why would a real friend want to attack another friend, unless the intention is to exploit? This should be an easy fix (relatively).

Good point. There is always going to be people taking advantage of exploits in a game.

Wow to fix that? humm, maybe make it so all your friends are in the same clan? That would be easy for me, since I only have three friends that play this game. That would not work, as I think about it.

Maybe an IP ban of players outside a legion. I know this will work. Anyone that runs this game can clearly see everyones IP. My solution? ban same IP's with in diff legions or just ban all the multi accounts with the same IP. The later would suck because my friend and wife play on the same computer.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:28 am

Iric Miles wrote:
sinsa wrote:

Good point. There is always going to be people taking advantage of exploits in a game.

Wow to fix that? humm, maybe make it so all your friends are in the same clan? That would be easy for me, since I only have three friends that play this game. That would not work, as I think about it.

Maybe an IP ban of players outside a legion. I know this will work. Anyone that runs this game can clearly see everyones IP. My solution? ban same IP's with in diff legions or just ban all the multi accounts with the same IP. The later would suck because my friend and wife play on the same computer.

Actually that wouldnt work, IPs can easily be changed, to the point in which some comps have settings that make it so that each time you turn on your comp the IP changes. Banning an account on the other hand, would work.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:50 am

Right now, friends in the list (outside legion) serves no function (other than comm but you can talk to them via FB easy) and no benefit other than exploitation.. I would love to see that feature gone.. It is ok to keep FB friends but they shouldn't be your GL friends if they aren't in your legion..

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:08 am

With the new legion system, there is no more reason for players to send out random invitations to friends that is the primary source of new user influx for most games. In order to solve this problem, Dan will have to create something similar that can motivate users enough to send random invitations (that gets accepted so FB will increase the invitation limits) to random FB friends. The friends function will serve as the basis of these new developments for the game to grow better. :)

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:16 am

Quote:

I agree regarding the intent aspect. I cannot see any other reason either, except to test feature of the game on each other. I know some people do this.

Perhaps exclude friends from counting for the hack/raid/disable tallies?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:00 am

It works the way it does. If someone 100+ levels above me wants help to hurt me, they will only get tats for their tits, and thats if they really feel like keeping it up. Quote cylon 9 "It's simple mathematics". As slow as initiative might work in those terms, someone has control, and it is anything but the agressor. It is quite hilarious to see people upset about the exact system they helped to create. At this rate, I only have to ....... NOT USE TRAPS (FUCCCCCCKKKK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU) for maybe half a day.... oh wait, if traps weren't some crazy OFFENSIVE advantage, what would happen to bulllying people? OMFnGorsh

Is that what I take advantage of?

It is a game issue adressed

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:22 am

Wow Spoony lately youve made sense, i did not get the above post. The friends thing needs to go as noc is right that its just an exploit tool. I have seen spoony get his disables worn out and then he is free to hack some with immunity. I just point him out as an example only and for no other reason. there are so many holes. I like the new raid system but its not completely thought out. There should have been a trap for raids already in place, as off right now there is no defense other then not getting disabled.

I am curious how the game is getting as many new players since the change.

lastly I have found that the game is really good until you reach a certain level. At that point your really directed to play Space Farmville. The ship is the same as your farm, running missions and killing npcs are the same as maintaining your crops. same for cashing in your minerals and artifact production. PVP has really been placed on the back burner or in the ruin the game idea pile. No new PVP ideas have been implemented as new NPC after new NPC ideas are perused. Galaxy legion has had a good run from what I have been told by people in the game design industry. Its sad to see what has happened to what used to be a social network combat game.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:01 am

jcwiggens wrote:
Wow Spoony lately youve made sense, i did not get the above post. The friends thing needs to go as noc is right that its just an exploit tool. I have seen spoony get his disables worn out and then he is free to hack some with immunity. I just point him out as an example only and for no other reason. there are so many holes. I like the new raid system but its not completely thought out. There should have been a trap for raids already in place, as off right now there is no defense other then not getting disabled.

I am curious how the game is getting as many new players since the change.

lastly I have found that the game is really good until you reach a certain level. At that point your really directed to play Space Farmville. The ship is the same as your farm, running missions and killing npcs are the same as maintaining your crops. same for cashing in your minerals and artifact production. PVP has really been placed on the back burner or in the ruin the game idea pile. No new PVP ideas have been implemented as new NPC after new NPC ideas are perused. Galaxy legion has had a good run from what I have been told by people in the game design industry. Its sad to see what has happened to what used to be a social network combat game.

There wasnt a trap before, why would there be one now? As for the rest of your comment, not the place for it.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:05 am

Update on the News, 5 mins ago.

webguydan wrote:
The Energy status tooltip now also reports time until energy is full at the current charge rate.

You can no longer perform offensive actions on friends' ships.

:)

however one more thing,
now I can see through my friends' equipment just like my legion members.

:D :D :D

edit: we can repair friends as well. This opens yet another window of exploitation..... :o

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:41 am

sinsa wrote:
edit: we can repair friends as well. This opens yet another window of exploitation..... :o

How would you exploit it? it's the only thing you can do to them.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:02 pm

zophah he probably means when you have a friend of someone repair them as you kill them over and over.

That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:37 pm

jcwiggens wrote:
zophah he probably means when you have a friend of someone repair them as you kill them over and over.

Yep. It said "ally repair" and he/she isn't even your ally if he's not a legion member.. Need to disable the repair feature and ANYTHING. Only thing that should be allowable on friends outside the legion is comm alone.. I'm glad that exploitation for hack, disable, raid on alt accounts without any risk just to inflate PVP scores is GONE!!! :D WHOOOO!!! Now, one more to go. Kill that friend repair then I think everything is good and it'll cripple those alt accounters a lot. I'm glad that the cheat use of omicron nets are now stopped as well.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:53 pm

All friends should go since only legion now matters. Im fighting someone and actually just noticed we are friends, so i can see he has a trap waiting for me, its a joke. I will de friend him today and tell him why.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]