View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Governor events 

I've been a Governor for a number of weeks now, and I've gotten an event every day since then. However, almost all of these are weekly events, very rarely a blockade and never a permanent effect (I had gotten a Stealth Field randomly before switching to Governor). I don't have any real data to say for certain, but I wanted to bring this up to see if it could be looked into: is it possible that tripling the chance of events has made weekly events so likely as to keep blockades at their normal chance, and block out permanent effects entirely? Example: Usual chances are 30% weekly, 10% blockade, 1% permanent; with Governor these are 90% weekly, 30% blockade, 3% permanent. However, because you can only have one event per day this becomes 90% weekly, 10% blockade, 0% permanent. I can't prove that this is so, but I wanted to make you aware of my concern in this regard so you can make sure this hasn't been overlooked. Also, I noticed that on the "Ship" tab it says "Planetevents +300%." I know this is just a display so it might not reflect the actual code, but +300% is quadruple the chance, not triple. If this is reflected in the coding, then perhaps the chances were something like: Usual 20% weekly, 5% blockade, 1% permanent, Supposed to be with Governor: 60% weekly, 15% blockade, 3% permanent, but because of +300% rather than x300% with Governor it is 80% weekly, 20% blockade, 4% permanent. I know it could just be luck, but because I have noticed this and have no way of knowing for certain myself I wanted to bring up this issue to make sure it had been considered.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:22 am

Can we get confirmation that this has been looked into and determined not to be an issue? Or that it does happen and that is by design, so I can know to change?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Its working by design. Governor just increases the chance of 'ANY' event, not a specific type.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Sweet, thanks.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]