View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Intentional or bug? 

Is there a level req for attacking planets whose owner is lower than you by a great number?

I know there is a flat no attacking lower than level 20, but how can a 21 protect against 150? Just wondering if this was a bug or intentional.

Thu May 06, 2010 11:22 am

Maybe the person just got above 20 and it didn't update yet O_o

Thu May 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Other games I have played of this style have a limit on how much lower the player can be for you to attack, something like they can only be attacked by someone 150% higher than them, or something like that.

I was level 24 and attacked by a level 150, obviously no defense against that. What is to stop the highest levels with 200 scanned planets from taking everything from the level 20-50s who don't have the technology to defend themselves.

I was trying to find out if this attack cap was in place or not. If not I don't intend to spend another penny on the game that I can lose basically everything without any ability to fight back.

Thu May 06, 2010 1:03 pm

It is unlikely a 150 will be after your planets unless it's good cause it's gonna cost them millions just to invade them. If they do kill you, it's most likely not continuous - xp gained from it ain't that great. Unless of cause you somehow angered them.

To defend against such high levels try - get a bigger legion to defend your planets, level up as quickly as you can while maintaining average planets to sustain your journey.

If a 150% level was used, it would be unfair if you are the "higher level" and a low level took your planet. Only to discover this loss when you level, it might make it impossible to take back your planet.

If you got a good suggestion (other than the 150% I think which cannot be implemented yet) on how to make lower ranks fight back those high levels, feel free to post them in Suggestions place. It will be a great help to those lower levels. Note that low levels taking higher levels planet causes them huge loses. So it works both ways now. Both sides can suffer.

Quote:
If not I don't intend to spend another penny on the game that I can lose basically everything without any ability to fight back.

Note that you buy Galaxy points in this game. This is used to change race, spin the galaxy wheel, and buying artifact. Most artifacts are temporary boosts, some permanent. People can take away your artifacts but not the permanent boosts. (extremely rare case)

So, it is very unlikely (almost impossible) to lose all your investment in this game when people take your planets. Unless of course you spend the galaxy points on planet artifacts. Ship boosts (permanent) CANNOT be stolen from you. So even if your planets is at stake, YOU cannot lose all your investment in this game that easily. If you are lower rank, do use Galaxy points to boost your rank level and ship stats. That way you will be able to defend your planets more effectively using less time than those who do not buy galaxy points (as you can reach higher rank faster)

Do check the "buy artifacts" button in trade and 'Redeem points' link beside the Galaxy points (under the 3 bars -energy/hull/shield) to see which boost seems worthy and whether it is worth to buy galaxy points.

EDIT: There is a limit to the number of planets you can own. A high rank won't just come and take away all your 5 planets or so in a day. + there is a timer to limit number of invades you can do in a day.

Thu May 06, 2010 1:09 pm

You have to realize that your level difference is huge. Yes there are 10k planets in the galaxy but at most people can only find 200 at good levels with good research. (Higher levels can find a bit more). So when I uncover a crazy good planet that a noob is sitting on, yes you probably will have it stolen. But work toward that planet. I think I understand that is sucks that the difference is so far because you probably won't get that planet back if it is really good. And if you somehow manage to take it back I would suggest fluxxing it so that the person can't find it on his list again w/o scanning.

However he will probably flux it from you at some point. Just move on and get another planet. It does suck to have to colonize planets that nobody wants but I have 3 of them at level 92 that I don't want to waste GP on to get rid of.

Thu May 06, 2010 3:38 pm

I understand what your saying though... most games have a build in protection time like <20 in this.. but then they also have something like "you can't attack anyone less then 50% of your rank" type of deal too

Thu May 06, 2010 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]