View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Leaving Game 

I didn't find the answer in my quick search.
What happens when the following occurs:
Bubbasmith decides to leave the game.
He also deletes the facebook account connected to the game.
He had some great planets and suggested we hack him for a critical hack planet.

I can not find him. His ship before he left had nothing installed. ie space 0/1505 I think it was.

So Dan what happen to his planets? Is he still out their and will show up on the Battle tab? Or is everything gone forever? Do his planets still have buildings on them? Are they occupied by him.

I apologize if this has been answered before; in which case please direct me to that page/link.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Well, back when I first started playing and finally read the forums, after a reset or two I thought:

hey wouldn't it go faster if I delete my galaxy legion app, and restart from there? I'd be able to reset as many times as I'd want until I get something decent instead of the hunks of rocks.

So delete and re-add I go.

Only to find my data still being saved by the server and still retaining my character.

In essence, the character is still "there", however only Dan will be able to answer whether the character is still able to be found through battle tab.

I do know that the planet remains the character's with the buildings on them.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks for the info. However you didn't delete your facebook account did you. On the chance you did delete your facebook account and recreated a new facebook account did you use the same or different e-mail addresses for the new one.

This looks bad -- Like the only way the planets will be occupied by an active player is if one scans it on a random scan blitz.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:55 pm

There's currently no way to permanently delete your facebook account. You can deactivate it so that it appears that you never made an account, but all data of your account still exists on facebook's server. (You can reactivate it at a later date if you wanted to).

On the other hand, Galaxy Legion runs on it's own servers, and since when you contact Dan through the "Contact us" Button, your email is known to him. There's a seperate combo box, in which you list a email Dan would reply to (if you wanted a reply on the situation). I believe this would implicate that Galaxy Legion Logs characters as unique IDs that fb would associate to your email (if fb doesn't pass excessive information through apps). Or if they do Galaxy legion would simply log your character to your email.

Either way, since deleting the app doens't work and your data pertains on fb's servers, when you deactivate it shouldn't do a "reset" and wipe the char.

-.-...thinking this a bit more throughly, he's basically just a "inactive" user, so yes you should be able to find him.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:03 am

Much of the game-only related information will persist even after being offline for a long period of time. There have been many cases of players taking long breaks, or changing their mind and deciding to play again. Their ships may be rusted hunks when they return, but we always welcome them back.

We already supply a character reset option should you want to wipe your data and start over.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:14 am

There are pretty notable examples of either. Noah stopped playing for 6 months and is back and everything. MarcieLeFay Reset even though she was like 60 levels higher than me and is catching right back up.

I always though Bubbasmith was bobsmith.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:26 am

Despite the similarity in names, I assure you we are not the same person. Bubba was quite upset in fact when he left.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:00 am

Yes bob he was upset. Also you did get the lucky planet that he shared and I just missed! Although I would take just about any of his left over planets that he mentioned. I do hope you planet fluxed it!

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]