View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Scanning for planets is bloody ridiculous 

Cloesdaddy wrote:
lol you got a nice trap coming back to get me though lol.. and i thought we were legion allies? didn't think i could take legions stuff sorry i jut clicked and hacked without lookin at name

eh 1mil aint much to me, trap are nothing

Sun May 09, 2010 8:23 am

so there is no way to permanently prevent an Engineered Virus from being used on planet? It would be nice if there was a building like a hospital or something that would decrease the effects of disease -- like maybe one hospital reduces the effectiveness of the Engineered Virus by 25%? Just an idea... so how do u keep the previous owners of a planet from taking it back? It actually seems kinda easy to conquer planets...

Sun May 09, 2010 5:26 pm

A vortex deflector can protect a planet from any artifact, including the virus, wormholes, and flux.

Sun May 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Be careful when you use it tho (planetary vortex). It also blocks cloning pods which means you can't repair your planet health if it gets low enough.

Sun May 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Inergon soda-pop wrote:
It actually seems kinda easy to conquer planets...

This is the way its supposed to be, Planets arnt mean to be permanent. You got to fight for 'em!

Sun May 09, 2010 7:51 pm

True, but easy and possible aren't the same thing. It seems like the game is heavily weighted towards invading planets. It's easy to get a ship to 100+ attack, but it takes a lot of technology, money and space to give a planet 100+ defense.

The biggest problem is that you can customize your ship to fit the situation, but your planet has to be equipped to handle multiple eventualities:

Cloaking: So people don't find your planet (virtually useless right now)
Shield: So your planet doesn't take as much damage when attacked
Attack: So your attackers take damage and have to stop their assault for a few minutes
Population: So you can survive an attack longer before you lose the planet

Outfitting a ship, on the other hand, is much easier:

Step1: Unequip all sensors, cloaking and jamming
Step2: Equip as many weapons as you can, fill any extra space with shields or defensive modules.
Step3: Attack/invade (repeat)
Step4: Profit

Mon May 10, 2010 6:09 am

Lordfate wrote:
True, but easy and possible aren't the same thing. It seems like the game is heavily weighted towards invading planets. It's easy to get a ship to 100+ attack, but it takes a lot of technology, money and space to give a planet 100+ defense.

The biggest problem is that you can customize your ship to fit the situation, but your planet has to be equipped to handle multiple eventualities:

Attack: So your attackers take damage and have to stop their assault for a few minutes

Step2: Equip as many weapons as you can, fill any extra space with shields or defensive modules.

So what is stopping you from counter-retaliating?

Mon May 10, 2010 6:20 am

Flux.

Mon May 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Lordfate wrote:
Flux.

you got fuxxed, welcome to the game.

Mon May 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Lordfate wrote:

I agree with everything you say, but the reason why the the planet combat system mostly works is that planets can be guarded by the players and their allies, so all that ship customization directly helps your planet defense. That doesn't mean there's no room for improvement - I think things could be adjusted, and it would be nice to have more defensive options especially for the planets we can't guard. And a working cloak system... But that's being debated in another thread
:D

Mon May 10, 2010 11:23 pm

I've built a pretty good little ship, combat-wise. My attack/defense is currently 151/31 ... but I could get that attack over 200 if I chose (im lvl 24 now). Yes, the game does seem to be weighted more toward attack, rather than static defense. It would be nice if I could set up my planets to be more formidable in combat -- but I understand that the idea is to fight, not sit and defend. Also, I think the fighting could be encouraged more if it cost less to invade a planet in terms of credits -- rather than double the cost of settling a new planet, cut it in half -- that way people are encouraged to fight more ... and it also makes sense since settling a new planet involves building infrastructure which is already built on a planet you conquer. Hey, this is a great game -- I can hardly wait to see what it will be like when everything is tweaked and finalized.

well I'm not counter-retaliating because he's got a Aegis Shield on the planet for another 3 days.

Wait... idea... hey, if I use the Cloning Pods on a planet which has had its population decimated by the Engineered Virus, will it counter-act the effect of the virus, ie restore the population and the virus will no longer kill the people? Like, if the virus has got the population down to 5, and I use the Cloning Pods, will the population stay high or will the virus just continue to reduce the population, even after the Cloning Pods?

If I can use the Cloning Pods to counter the Virus... my revenge will be sweet, and very fast.

Tue May 11, 2010 5:43 am

Inergon soda-pop wrote:
I've built a pretty good little ship, combat-wise. My attack/defense is currently 151/31 ... but I could get that attack over 200 if I chose (im lvl 24 now).

you need more def than that. but thats not too bad for lv 24. i had 59 helmsmen by lv 19 + def module (rarely) so i sometimes just stacked weapons like you at lower levels. but i know when i had my def that low i was taking a real pounding. adding a good def can increase your damage ratio but keep it from dealing too much damage back to you. i take on average 1-6 damage but i deal out 15-30+. and this is before a massive weapon upgrade push.

Inergon soda-pop wrote:
if the virus has got the population down to 5, and I use the Cloning Pods, will the population stay high or will the virus just continue to reduce the population, even after the Cloning Pods

haven't really used either but i heard the virus only stops the planet from regenerating population after it is lost. im sure the cloning pods should still work. if not someone will correct me.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:02 pm

If you use a virus on a planet you want to take over you can use cloning pods and it will fill the hp back up. But if someone attacks the planet it won't regenerate and you'll have to use cloning pods again. Thats why I said if you use the planetary vortex after you hit a planet with a virus your fked because you can't heal it xD. Done that to maself a couple of times.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:31 pm

WTB Hopsital Chassis, Restores population periodicly and increses reaserch by 1

Tue May 11, 2010 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2