View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Assimilation Locus not working? 

I just installed an Assimilation Locus on a planet I invaded 5 minutes ago, but the bonuses have not doubled.

The same thing happened to me yesterday on a different planet. I thought at the time that something might have gone weird because I Fluxed the planet before installing the Locus, but since the same thing happened today without the Flux that explanation no longer makes sense.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any way to fix it?

Thanks!

Subspace Delta. Where the cookies are.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:09 am

it has to be done when it still said under attack after invading, that gives you 1 minute.
And if you use time vortexes first, it doesn't work either.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 am

failname wrote:
it has to be done when it still said under attack after invading, that gives you 1 minute.

Hmm. I thought it just had to show as "recently attacked" following the conquer, which lasts somewhat longer. Can't remember where I saw that, though.

I haven't kept notes on my past uses of Locuses, but I wouldn't have thought I always had them on the planet while it was still showing as "under attack" (the Locus is usually an afterthought for me, after making sure the planet is secure). Yesterday was the first time I haven't gotten the double bonus on a conquered planet.

Hadn't thought about Time Vortexes causing conflict, though. I honestly cannot remember what order I used the artifacts on either of these two planets.

Subspace Delta. Where the cookies are.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Elfling wrote:
failname wrote:

Hmm. I thought it just had to show as "recently attacked" following the conquer, which lasts somewhat longer. Can't remember where I saw that, though.

I haven't kept notes on my past uses of Locuses, but I wouldn't have thought I always had them on the planet while it was still showing as "under attack" (the Locus is usually an afterthought for me, after making sure the planet is secure). Yesterday was the first time I haven't gotten the double bonus on a conquered planet.

Hadn't thought about Time Vortexes causing conflict, though. I honestly cannot remember what order I used the artifacts on either of these two planets.

I believe "Recently attacked" is still fine, so it was probably Vortexes.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:43 pm

If you read the description it tells you it must be placed on a new colony. which is done on the number of days you have owned the planet, you can place the locus at anytime within the 24 hours.

The use of vortexes will change it from new colony and thus you will not be able to get the upgraded locus.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:39 pm

failname wrote:

No it doesn't.

You can use an assimilation locus on any newly invaded planet up to 24 hours after the invasion, or before it changes from a new colony to an emerging one. Using PTVs changes the colonies age, so you must use the locus before using any PTVs.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]