View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Upkeep 

Well,

sometimes I buy a few things and I forget the upkeep and I end up suffering damage on my stuff ... Ok that can happen. But not only doesn it damages your modules ... It also takes all your money and that pisses me off :D

see ... I have like 13.5M upkeep ... I probably had something like 13M creds and I didn't realise it wasn't enought to pay ...

later on I received the upkeep message and guess what, I lost all 13M creds + suffered modules damage. Happened to me twice now ...

Is it normal that we loose also the creds in addition to the modules damage ???

Wed May 12, 2010 1:34 pm

I think losing credits + ALL modules damaged is unfair.

Perhaps Credits.. or ALL modules. This will be fairer.. if not some people may end up with always 0 credits :(

Wed May 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Think of it as owed taxes O_o they take the money you do have and then they turn around and take your house or your car to pay the rest.

Wed May 12, 2010 2:17 pm

i agree...

seems to me if you cant pay your upkeep you are either too low level for your tech, or you dont make enough in minerals. ill bet you have most your planets pumping out research. re-balance that economy.

anyone else have their ships falling apart do to maintenance costs / upkeep?

Wed May 12, 2010 2:49 pm

nope, personally i think upkeep is just a way of showing a "par" for modules. AKA if your upkeep is too high your modules are above par and vise versa.

Keeps rankers in check :D

Wed May 12, 2010 4:05 pm

hunter wrote:
i agree...

seems to me if you cant pay your upkeep you are either too low level for your tech, or you dont make enough in minerals. ill bet you have most your planets pumping out research. re-balance that economy.

anyone else have their ships falling apart do to maintenance costs / upkeep?

I just didn't sell my minerals ... I forgot about the upkeep ;)

When you are used to having millions of creds on your account, you don't really think about upkeep ^^

I'm just pointing out that it's a bit stupid to loose all creds + module damage even if you miss 1 single cred and that at high level you tend to forget about upkeep. Don't draw conclusions too fast with my economy ;)

Wed May 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Zhorgul wrote:
hunter wrote:
I'm just pointing out that it's a bit stupid to loose all creds + module damage even if you miss 1 single cred and that at high level you tend to forget about upkeep. Don't draw conclusions too fast with my economy ;)

This is true, maybe have it so that the upkeep for the most expensive modules is paid for first until the smallest upkeep cannot be paid, then take dmg for the ones that cant be paid while being left with the money you had left over.

Thu May 13, 2010 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]