View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Official Recurring Lag Thread 

Chloron wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
Well i guess this years Hallow's Bane NPC event will be a bust, since we can't even get an acknowledgement of the issue, let alone a resolvement.

I love the whining day before the release. I hope Dan programs it so you don't see them at all. Then you'll have what you are expecting - a bust!

That works for me fine.

Last i remember, a valid complaint about the sad state of affairs that is still non-acknowledgement of your userbase(which is exactly what people complained about months ago), isn't whining.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:45 am

No lag here... only very few occasions, and they were due to a poor connection... It seems the higher ranks have the most lag... consider it your punishment for stealing planets from lower ranks and inactives :lol:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Apologies for those who experience slowness during specific parts of gameplay. While it will certainly take some time to both isolate and mitigate, let us know what parts are particularly noticeable. It seems NPC and PVP are the most egregious from the descriptions here.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:22 pm

webguydan wrote:
Apologies for those who experience slowness during specific parts of gameplay. While it will certainly take some time to both isolate and mitigate, let us know what parts are particularly noticeable. It seems NPC and PVP are the most egregious from the descriptions here.

Thank you so much Dan for acknowledging this, I will give all the information I can to help.

I seem to be lagging intermittent when any click action uses the 'blue bar'. I will be attacking an NPC/Base/Player and all of a sudden the blue bar will go on for 5+ secs and then come right. Sometimes its happening every minute.

Here is a list of things I have noticed that lag the most:
- NPCing.
- PVPing.
- Base Battling.

Minor things i've noticed lagging:
- Adding Androids, Brackets, Cells, Rescued prisoners, Rank Points etc.
- Contributing energy to bases/using the CTL.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
webguydan wrote:

THANK YOU!!!

In my experience, the lag is intermittent, sometimes in effect and sometimes not. It has gotten worse and more frequent recently. When there is a lag, it's almost in regular intervals, like every 11th click (for example). Stuff like adding prisoners, xcharge cells, etc (as pointed out by Hallucinations) has always been associated with a slight delay.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Every anti-ship arti except emp's bogs for me, as well as the standard base & npc's

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 am

Im temped to make a post on it seeing as how it seems in refreshing and wating a blue bar as much as im getting things done. But not like its gona change any thing.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:26 am

webguydan wrote:

It's not very specific for me. I've experienced it in all areas of the game.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:29 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
..... Went from no lag to LAG just now .....
Hoping this info helps in the troubleshooting process..

EDIT: I was NPCing for Banes, like everyone in the Galaxy at the time.

Last edited by PLURVIOUS on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:48 pm

To the topic at hand, as someone that does website development and support, I can testify that the better information I have about what time a client is experiencing a problem, the better a chance I have of identifying the problem in the log files. Especially an intermittent problem that only affects some clients with no obvious warning signs on the server side.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Keeping on topic with this post tried to a planet earlier today and when a few of us went to de pop we all instantly started lagging like crazy it went away as soon as the planet was depopped but it seems the lag might be caused in part by multiple players hitting things at once, we also notice that when this occurs shots do not register with the server so we see fabs with 103% damage done and not dead etc.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:38 pm

I ocassionally log onto shared computers. I've been keeping track of the lag on all the computers I've played GL on after PLURVION's initial post on the subject. I have accessed GL on 8 different computers (some of the computers had low connection speed, others were top notch). But in the case of all of them I have suffered brief periods of intense lag. And the lag lasted for nearly the same length of time on almost all the computers (the laggiest lasted much longer than the others).

This can't be a problem on the user's end...

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:44 pm

the lag has just hit me, I was pvping when it happened.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:53 pm

back on topic ... on friday evening / saturday morning i experienced a massive lag fail. i already sent in an report using the fb link, but will relate here again.

i was powering thru the 'into the expanse' mission, buying 2 GP energy refills along with rankup energy to do so. i paused partway thru the 2d round to repair all my busted scan mods. ranked up again, GP refilled again and was 8 completions away from completing the 3d round when the mission lagged out with endless blue bar.

went to my ship page to force a server refresh and make sure my scan was still sufficient before buying a final GP energy refill. however, when i returned to the mission page, it showed only 7 of 45 completions, meaning that i lost the entire progress of a GP energy refill, got the xp gain anyway, with nothing to show for it. not a happy camper.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:55 am
Profile WWW

Cleaned up the off-topic flaming. Apologies to those whose posts I merely edited to remove off topic content.

For those saying "keep out" to people who are not experiencing lag, shush. If one player is experiencing lag and another is not, at the same time, that information can still be useful to Webguydan while tracking down the supposed issue.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:35 am

Also, if this info helps: During normal (non-lag) gameplay, I can usually get more attacks per second to stick on a boss NPCs (with multiple slots) than with individual NPCs. The boss NPCs can keep up with my clicking, the individual one's can't. If the mechanics behind the game are treating them differently in some fundamental way (if the attack is processed differently), that could be a troubleshooting clue.

And it seems to me that lag is more a function of date/time or other underlying/environment condition rather than being based on what I was doing in the game at the time. When I lag, it affects pretty much everything, NPC, PVP, missions, switching between tabs, etc.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:23 pm

I notice the lag more when I'm doing missions than anything else, though there is typically a big amount of lag between my first and second hit on a shared NPC that I navigate to via the alert pop ups (versus clicking on shared alerts).

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:12 pm

webguydan wrote:

Thanks Dan,

I find that parts where GL starts to run slowly is during tasks that require frequent refreshing (ie. NPCing, PvPing, Planets Scanning, Artifacts Usage) with the heaviest being from NPCing.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:18 pm

At The moment, we are experiencing system wide Lag. Confirmed through multiple legions. Not slight lag, but pages wont load type lag. No refresh possible.

Empire of the Sun

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:45 pm

I've been noticing it when adding artis, like Hallucinations mentioned, Rescued Prisoners, Xcharge cells, brackets and androids. Have noticed elsewhere, but its recently got worse for these artis.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next