View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Official Recurring Lag Thread 

Okay the lag is literally getting stupid now.

... Do something about it or I won't last another week. Yes I WILL quit because of Lag its that stupid it just shouldn't happen... It never used to happen?

I know its server lag because I have re installed everything, its not on my end and i'm one of the dozen people in Lords who complain daily about it...

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
why do people keep replying to this thread? Have you all forgotten that lag is something wrong with me or my computer? It shouldn't be affecting anyone else

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Its affecting multiple people at the same time in my legion. How can it be my computer if multiple people are feeling it?

The more lag I experience the closer I become to throwing the towel in. I assume it is a contributing to factor into the amount of players leaving out of sheer frustration.

Either way I will only buy the bare minimum GP now (Basically I'm only after anything that will give me energy), anything I can get for CTP ill earn it the hard way.

I felt okay giving Dan some money when the game play quality was excellent. But To reward a developer who does not even seem to be taking this issue or the data-race issue seriously would be kind of stupid.

Something has happened!! Galaxy legion never used to have this much lag and this is back in the days when there were more players?

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:02 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Hallucinations wrote:
Its affecting multiple people at the same time in my legion. How can it be my computer if multiple people are feeling it?

The more lag I experience the closer I become to throwing the towel in. I assume it is a contributing to factor into the amount of players leaving out of sheer frustration.

Either way I will only buy the bare minimum GP now (Basically I'm only after anything that will give me energy), anything I can get for CTP ill earn it the hard way.

I felt okay giving Dan some money when the game play quality was excellent. But To reward a developer who does not even seem to be taking this issue or the data-race issue seriously would be kind of stupid.

Something has happened!! Galaxy legion never used to have this much lag and this is back in the days when there were more players?

Nope. I, PLURVIOUS, am the only player experiencing lag. If, somehow, someone else is also lagging, then it HAS to be my fault (through some weird Internet setting somehow). All you $%&% spent months telling me lag was my problem. You weren't wrong, were you?

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:42 pm

I never said the lag was your problem... And with what is going on its not on the players end.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Lately lag is getting to be ridiculous.... I'm getting speed of 100mbps, so it is NOT my internet. Nor is it my computer. It takes far too long for lag to resolve. Can you look at this thread dan?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:34 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:

Nope. I, PLURVIOUS, am the only player experiencing lag. If, somehow, someone else is also lagging, then it HAS to be my fault (through some weird Internet setting somehow). All you $%&% spent months telling me lag was my problem. You weren't wrong, were you?

Hall's not going to get it PLURV. He spent months haranguing Dan for a multi-device blocker and then insinuating that I must be a cheat because I criticized the need for it and the lag it would almost certainly add to the existing lag. Now here he is because suddenly lag matters to him...

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:40 am

ICBLF wrote:
Hall's not going to get it PLURV. He spent months haranguing Dan for a multi-device blocker and then insinuating that I must be a cheat because I criticized the need for it and the lag it would almost certainly add to the existing lag. Now here he is because suddenly lag matters to him...

I know I'm just feeding the troll... But let me guess you don't think the lag is that much of an issue either?

Heck if you were left to run this game it wouldn't last longer than a month... Clueless as.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:44 am

Hallucinations wrote:
But let me guess you don't think the lag is that much of an issue either?

Straight out admitting you don't read my posts amid your insults eh?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:22 am

Just how long does this need to go on for before dan will take a look into it, or give any sort of a response that its actually occurring?

Its certainly not going to go away on its own.

Perhaps those plucky mods can step in and get his attention that people are unhappy.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:08 pm

Azalin159 wrote:
Just how long does this need to go on for before dan will take a look into it, or give any sort of a response that its actually occurring?

Its certainly not going to go away on its own.

Perhaps those plucky mods can step in and get his attention that people are unhappy.

Yeah, I agree, the fact there is no response at all is a bit frustrating!

Lag will be the deciding factor on whether I quit or not.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Lag? What lag?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:00 pm

The Prisoner wrote:
Lag? What lag?

Dunno...

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:03 am

+ 1 to your post ICBLF. Heck, +2.

Lag has been hitting my legion as well. had some serious trouble with it the other day. It just keeps getting worse and worse over time.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:29 am

I never experienced lag in 2 years. :mrgreen:

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:58 pm

i would have to concur with the majority on this topic. I also have tried multiple browsers on different laptops, networks, pcs, etc and this is the only game which has the issue. Not throwing Dan under the bus here, but if you happen to not get the lag, awesome, lucky. But it's a running joke in legion and on here for so many of us. Hitting a base and suddenly you cant do anything for 10, 20, 30 seconds sucks.

PVP and npc aren;t a load of joy either with the delays. God forbid you really needed to defend a planet, yourself, or were invading...forgeddaboutit.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:29 pm

I seem to be pretty lucky with lag compared to many players, so may not be as qualified to talk about it.

However, have been logging lag, and I do regularly notice lag during the following events:

When using an artifact that removes buffs (enemy ship) or debuffs (myself). Using a containment cage while being arti spammed can lead to 10, maybe 20 seconds of lag. Containment Missiles are (for me) the second worst offender.

NOTE: after the first use of a buff/debuff removing artifact, the lag is greatly reduced or vanishes completely. For example, if guarding Exotica and two players are attacking me while a third spams EMPs, the first time I cage, it often causes major lag. Subsequent uses of Containment Cages don't cause a problem however. Conversely, if I am hitting somebody with Containment Missiles every time they buff their ship, it's only the first time I debuff them that major lag occurs.

The first time I use a permabuff artifact on my ship after accessing the trade or ship tab (e.g. Android, Rescued Prisoner, XCharge Cell, etc.). This isn't nearly as bad as with Containment Cages or Missiles (more like 10 seconds), but is a regular occurrence, hard to miss. Of course, this is not nearly as annoying as when you're engaging an enemy ship.

NOTE: again, after the first use of a permabuff artifact, the lag is greatly reduced or vanishes completely.

Probably related: I have also noticed lag occurring when attacking an enemy base and its players start debuffing your legion's ships. Do not have enough data to make a definitive statement on this, however.

Have also noticed lag during NPC, PVP, and Planetary Invasions, but it is too sporadic to pin on any one event, and not nearly as "game breaking" when it occurs (i.e. it clears up on its own within 10-15 seconds max).

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Maybe Dan HAS replied and his post is LAGGED...

Based on the spurious data, no telling. Ps EVERYTHING def IS plurv's fault

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:12 am

ICBLF wrote:
The Prisoner wrote:
Lag? What lag?

Dunno...

Quick! Bring in the other six guys - That Flamehawk must die!

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Related to something Dan is currently testing perhaps? Like that training legions thing? I noticed that it got much worse when he mentioned that he was starting working on it as regards random 10 second blue bars while doing ... pretty much anything, and some blue bars that seem to affect all players to boot. Such as the blue bars that occur during NPCing where a blue bar pops up and during that time frame none of the people that were hitting at the same time as I was get ANY damage in until it ends and I am also able to keep attacking.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next