View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Official Recurring Lag Thread 

i went and shoo'd some trick or treaters away from my house, came back and the game was fine. It didnt overly interfere with my pvp, not going to get disabled in that time so why complain if it occurs daily and is for your benefit?

Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 am
Profile WWW

Devastation wrote:
Daily lag again... :roll:

Making it impossible to PvP.

It is completely independent of the problem that the thread is about. Just wait out 2 minutes and it goes away. You don't need to bring it up again. It is not going to change, it is here to stay.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:43 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
So, lag is back. Pretty bad tonight. Dan, this really is getting old. Get your "stuff" together and fix it already. Have you made any progress whatsoever as to at least identifying the problem? Do you even care?

Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:45 am

I cannot do ANYTHING right now and have been unable to for over 20 minutes. I cannot even drop down the Legion Group Chat to see all my artifacts.

It even killed my FaceBook that had the same lag take over. Had to reboot my computer JUST to see GL and the game is not even fully loading.

I am unable to collect ANY ressources at all. HELP!!!

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:35 am

Maybe facebook is the issue?

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:31 am

I've had no problems all night and have rarely had any lag issues. Why don't you stop blaming Dan and maybe look at your own connection :roll:

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:33 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
duff57 wrote:
I've had no problems all night and have rarely had any lag issues. Why don't you stop blaming Dan and maybe look at your own connection :roll:

Maybe because every other site/game is working. It's JUST GALAXY LEGION that is lagging. How many God Damn times do I need to say this? It's not the connection, it's Dan.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:46 pm

But just in case my connection is in question, here are the results of a speed test = http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast. ... 148884.png

Right now, You Tube is streaming his tablet and I'm still getting 12 Mbps (which is far more than a game like GL would ever need). I pay for the XFINITY Blast 50 Mbps connection and I never have lag issues with other sites. It really is just Dan's game. 14 ms latency. That means my connection supports 71 clicks per second. When Dan's game is lagging, I get MAYBE 1 or 2 in per second.

Now, how is it my connection?

Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Only 1 or 2 clicks per second?
First world problems are the worst.

God bless you for finding the strength to keep going day after day.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:36 pm

dont take this the wrong way but
one time at band camp

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:49 pm

visit the source: www.galaxylegionfb.com/galaxylegion
virtually no lag for me.

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:05 pm

The thing is, just because a particular server is having trouble sending data to you very quickly, whilst others may be loading in the blink of an eye, that doesn't mean that the problem is server side.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Malevolentia wrote:
The thing is, just because a particular server is having trouble sending data to you very quickly, whilst others may be loading in the blink of an eye, that doesn't mean that the problem is server side.

Anyone who thinks the problem isn't on Dan's side can piss off. Do you not get it when I say that Galaxy Legion is the only site that lags? THE ONLY SITE. And in case you missed that, let me say it again: THE ONLY SITE. You're retarded if you can't understand how that makes it a problem with GL.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
Anyone who thinks the problem isn't on Dan's side can piss off. Do you not get it when I say that Galaxy Legion is the only site that lags? THE ONLY SITE. And in case you missed that, let me say it again: THE ONLY SITE. You're retarded if you can't understand how that makes it a problem with GL.

Well that's one way to get a problem solved. Call everyone names!

I really do wish you the best of luck in life, going about things like that.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:15 pm

I don't know the technical details but how is the lag so unevenly spread? Some people are claiming massive lag all of the time while others can speed along without a problem. When I get lag its generally one of the following:

Chrome web browser needs to be restarted (90% of the time this is my issue)
Some hiccup in my connection requiring a router reset
Being actively arti spammed, or many people attacking the same target
Or purely random lasting for only a few seconds, but can occur several times per minute

This is just my own personal experience. Not saying you are wrong.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:23 am

DarthRavadge wrote:
I don't know the technical details but how is the lag so unevenly spread? Some people are claiming massive lag all of the time while others can speed along without a problem. When I get lag its generally one of the following:

Chrome web browser needs to be restarted (90% of the time this is my issue)
Some hiccup in my connection requiring a router reset
Being actively arti spammed, or many people attacking the same target
Or purely random lasting for only a few seconds, but can occur several times per minute

This is just my own personal experience. Not saying you are wrong.

Same. Maybe it's a time zone thing?

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:19 am
Profile YIM

Good question. Lag comes and goes without me doing anything to change, restart, etc. And it's just GL. I have an excellent connection with any other site.

Also, someone deleted some (but not all) of my responses on this thread. I take that as a good sign that Dan or one of his friends read something they didn't want to see. Meaning at least he's paying attention. Probably still doesn't care to fix it, but there is at least some visibility.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:40 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
Good question. Lag comes and goes without me doing anything to change, restart, etc. And it's just GL. I have an excellent connection with any other site.

Also, someone deleted some (but not all) of my responses on this thread. I take that as a good sign that Dan or one of his friends read something they didn't want to see. Meaning at least he's paying attention. Probably still doesn't care to fix it, but there is at least some visibility.

Or maybe someone reported you for potentially offensive comments against mentally handicapped people~ :roll:

Having your comments edited by a mod can be a b!tch huh? ;)

Offical Stuff-Knower of Mist Nebula Corps

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Well my post suggesting some people are retarded is still up there [6 posts above this one]. Honestly I don't remember what was deleted, I just know I had more here than I do now. I think it's some statement that Dan doesn't know how to program very well. Great game idea and creativity, just not too good on the technical side of understanding how algorithms affect efficiency, etc.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:58 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
Malevolentia wrote:

Are you not able to read what I said?

Just because Galaxy Legion is "THE ONLY SITE" which lags, does not mean that the problem is necessarily server-side and given that it seems to just be you and maybe like half a dozen other people on the forum complaining then this doesn't bode well for the "It's server-side" problem.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next