View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bioship Landing Pad Always Adds, Doesn't Always Multiply... 

The Bioship Landing Platform effect does not properly multiply with cloak buffs unless it it is built before cloak buffing structures are placed on the planet. This is not a world-ending problem, but given the importance of planetary cloak, it should be fixed so that it buffs regardless of where it is placed on a planet. It's a bit counter-intuitive to be forced to place your Biosphere Landing Platform on a planet first to work around this issue, since strategic players will naturally wait for the planet to be colossal (or better) in size before deploying -- most likely long after a % buff arti is already on place on that planet.

-----

For example, if you build an Ergosphere Filter, then add a Platform a few minutes later, you will get something like this:

Here, the planet had 8050 standard cloak multiplied 1.2 times by the Ergosphere Filter, with 250 added by the Landing Platform; because the Platform was built after the Filter, its additive bonus was not multiplied.

Ah, but if you place a cloak buffing artifact on the planet after the Platform is deployed, it plays just fine with that structure:
Here, the planet had 8250 standard cloak, with 100 added temporarily via Void Shell, multiplied by 1.2, with 250 added by Landing Platform, and multiplied again 1.15 times by Polaron Emitter (build on the planet after the Landing Pad), for a total of 11810.5.

Why is the Void Shell important? Because by making sure it is added it to the top of the list, it gets multiplied properly, which is how the problem with the Landing Platform could be solved.

-------

Did a ton of experimenting with this last night, and it is not an isolated incident or limited to certain types of buff artifacts.

Here is a planet with a Litheor Core tunnel multiplying cloak, while the Landing Platform (added later) only adds its cloak:
2750 standard * 1.23 buff + 250 effect = 3632.5

And here is a planet with a ton of cloak buff artis working in perfect harmony, because the Landing Platform (added first) is properly multiplied:
5600 standard + 250 effect * 1.3 buff * 1.20 buff * 1.25 buff = 11407.5 (huh?*)

Many Mylarai Extractors died to bring you this information.

-------
*er... so why did it round down the .5 here while it rounded up in the other two? I don't know, but that's probably for another thread

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:28 am

And this is what happens when the Ergosphere Filter is extracted and replanted after the Landing Platform.

Only 118 additional cloak when it was all said and done, but I'll take it where I can get it.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:13 am

Bump.

Because this is serious business.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:55 pm

I, for one, would like to see this addressed, and fixed.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 am

Now that this is an issue with the Raix Bunker as well I wanted to bring this back up.

Here is the thread about the Raix Bunker:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39834

The topics could possibly be merged (with some pointless speculation removed).

It would be nice to at least hear from Dan if this is the intention, and will be made an explicit feature that will be made understood in-game, or if it is an error and whether or not there might be a fix sometime soon.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:16 am

Arbiter wrote:
It would be nice to at least hear from Dan if this is the intention, and will be made an explicit feature that will be made understood in-game, or if it is an error and whether or not there might be a fix sometime soon.
Sent in an in-game report upon discovering the problem (assuming it is a problem?), and received a "thanks for the report," but no acknowledgment if it was "feature" or a 'bug" or if anything was ever going to be done about it. Still confused about this myself as to what the deal is. As a workaround, keep extractors handy and avoid placing Ventar Field Collapsers before Bioship Landing Pads. It's a waste of extractors, but the only option if ya want full cloak multiplication.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:15 am

Pongoloid wrote:
Arbiter wrote:
Sent in an in-game report upon discovering the problem (assuming it is a problem?), and received a "thanks for the report," but no acknowledgment if it was "feature" or a 'bug" or if anything was ever going to be done about it. Still confused about this myself as to what the deal is. As a workaround, keep extractors handy and avoid placing Ventar Field Collapsers before Bioship Landing Pads. It's a waste of extractors, but the only option if ya want full cloak multiplication.

Well, if it was an intended feature I'm relatively certain he would've said so. I have sent in reports about various problems and always got enough information to know if it was an issue or not. Admittedly, it was always an issue, but never a complete issue, and he always made that clear.

For example, I once reported odd numbers of attack/defense on a planet. It was shortly after Xecti had come out, and planets had no label of the boost from them. He informed me that it was because of that boost, even though there was no label. Thus, I knew that it was supposed to work like that.

If it had been intended from the out set, it is unlikely he would hide that information, and would have said so.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]