View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 "Disarm Omicron Device" and "Dangerous Rescue" 

What is the chance for failure on these missions?

After three whole energy bars (120 energy max atm), I have completed 3 times the Omicron mission. At 60 tries each energy bar I should be DONE with this mission. If you had 100% success, it would be 72 repeats. Why am I at almost 3times that much?

As for the Dangerous Rescue, I stopped trying. I get to 13-14 each time then fail the mission. It gets to be a waste of time and frustrated energy.

Are these supposed to have a 33% fail chance or is there a way to lower that, artifact or ship modules?

Fri May 14, 2010 8:05 pm

To my knowledge there is no way to reduce failure chance.

Fri May 14, 2010 8:56 pm

I feel your pain... The omicron one especially, since not only would it seem to blow whenever I was close to finishing, but it also disabled my ship. I did finish it eventually though, looks like it unlocks some good stuff. I haven't spent much time with Dangerous Rescue, maybe I'll go back to it when there's nothing else I really need, but for now I don't need the frustration. I won't even try the XTS-9 mission with the risk of permanently losing crew, ever. Raiding has taught me that rank points are far to precious to lose them for anything.

Fri May 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Pump up your energy. I find missions like these tend to fail less (percentage wise) when you do a lot at once.

Example:
Do twice 10 times (10 breaks in between for recharging energy) VS doing 10 times twice (1 break in between for recharging energy)
I expect to get blown up more than twice the times when doing twice 10 times compared to 10 times, twice. (Based on my experience)

What I did.
1) Get/accumulate more energy before doing them (better reactors)
2) Stack shields to prevent being disabled by mission damage. Something like 3x-5x Heavy Inverse + Shield amp (above 400 shields). Keep a shield restorer at hand.
3) Do only at higher levels
4) Always try to AVOID all missions with a risk of failure and a restart.

Sat May 15, 2010 9:50 am

I hate failling missions lol. I did that gamble one where you spend like 50k and win 2 mil if you complete it 10 times or w/e and I failed on the last one 5 times in a row. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't lose the money and the experience gain. Kinda sucks xD

Sun May 16, 2010 3:11 am

Noah wrote:
I hate failling missions lol. I did that gamble one where you spend like 50k and win 2 mil if you complete it 10 times or w/e and I failed on the last one 5 times in a row. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't lose the money and the experience gain. Kinda sucks xD

That Starbase Royale thing. Hardly touch it. Yeah, experience shouldn't be 0 should it fail... you are still paying(betting) + using energy

Sun May 16, 2010 6:12 am

Barracuda wrote:
Noah wrote:

That Starbase Royale thing. Hardly touch it. Yeah, experience shouldn't be 0 should it fail... you are still paying(betting) + using energy

I hate that mission

Sun May 16, 2010 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]