View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Design Error 

Is it an error in game design that using multiple devices/platforms simultaneously to play the game allows "more clicks to go through"?

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:41 am

Most of the web game I've played don't allow it. They cause the earlier session to expire when there is another login.

But IF Dan would implement this, I think he should consider some things :
- When scanning for base, allow to view the legion members.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:29 pm
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
Most of the web game I've played don't allow it. They cause the earlier session to expire when there is another login.

But IF Dan would implement this, I think he should consider some things :
- When scanning for base, allow to view the legion members.

This is covering multiple devices, not multiple tabs.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:09 pm

We will address this with a change sometime in January. This will enforce one screen per ship at all times.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:03 pm

webguydan wrote:
We will address this with a change sometime in January. This will enforce one screen per ship at all times.

Sad day. But at least that clears things up. Now everybody can quit whining about this or that and get back to having fun and killing eachother. YAYY! :D

See you suckers on the battle tab! haha

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:11 pm

webguydan wrote:

Can you confirm if one screen per ship means 1 device or 1 tab?

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:14 pm
Profile WWW

webguydan wrote:

Will you be limiting arts used as well? I just want to know whether to start abandoning planets now or later.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:20 pm

LoL... seriously... wow.

Well I'm buying GP again!

Buy we Don't wanna pay to play with cheaters!

Last edited by Hallucinations on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Dr Doom wrote:
webguydan wrote:

Sad day. But at least that clears things up. Now everybody can quit whining about this or that and get back to having fun and killing eachother. YAYY! :D

See you suckers on the battle tab! haha

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Repeating seeing where things are heading..

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Hallucinations wrote:
LoL... seriously... wow.

Well I'm not buying GP ever again. Don't wanna pay to play with cheaters.

Lol... Seriously? How do you infer cheating from this? People want to know if it is only multiple devices or if most of the galaxy who uses a second tab for artifact use will no longer be able to do so. Also we noticed that the issue of offensive artifact use while at 0 disables had not been addressed yet.

Chill out man... :roll:

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Hallucinations wrote:
LoL... seriously... wow.

Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me you dont pay for ANY game? Regardless of whether anything involved the previous posts is cheating, the cold hard fact remains that people cheat. Cheaters are everyone. Name ONE game you can pay for that people don't try to cheat? Shoot. Not even just games. Life. Are you American? Did you know you pay more taxes, and pay more for your groceries because of cheaters? Yeah. People steal from YOU when they steal (cheat!) Wal-Mart isn't going to pay for that crap, thats profit. They make you pay for it. If you pay $.05 extra for every pack of hot dogs, you'll cover the cost of the hot dogs stolen by cheaters.

I say you just eat your hot dogs, play your games, and have fun. If you're not having fun, roll with me for a while.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Also bugs where you are unable to attack a halced player from a planet tab if you try to use an artifact and then go back to the screen, multiple devices i have no problem in removing but i dont know many players who dont use 2 tabs for defending or offensive pvp

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Dr Doom wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:
LoL... seriously... wow.

Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me you dont pay for ANY game? Regardless of whether anything involved the previous posts is cheating, the cold hard fact remains that people cheat. Cheaters are everyone. Name ONE game you can pay for that people don't try to cheat? Shoot. Not even just games. Life. Are you American? Did you know you pay more taxes, and pay more for your groceries because of cheaters? Yeah. People steal from YOU when they steal (cheat!) Wal-Mart isn't going to pay for that crap, thats profit. They make you pay for it. If you pay $.05 extra for every pack of hot dogs, you'll cover the cost of the hot dogs stolen by cheaters.

I say you just eat your hot dogs, play your games, and have fun. If you're not having fun, roll with me for a while.

Games that I play are usually always free to play. Don't get me wrong I am happy that Dan will be fixing things so the multi-disable exploit cannot happen. I am not happy that he is sending out a clear message that cheating is OK, Because that is the message he is sending to us all. Do the Terms only apply to certain people? Does buying GP give you immunity or something?

Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Hallucinations wrote:
Dr Doom wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:
LoL... seriously... wow.

Games that I play are usually always free to play. Don't get me wrong I am happy that Dan will be fixing things so the multi-disable exploit cannot happen. I am not happy that he is sending out a clear message that cheating is OK, Because that is the message he is sending to us all. Do the Terms only apply to certain people? Does buying GP give you immunity or something?

Reading comprehension, bro. He just said that he'd be addressing the issue. So...

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:03 pm

Kara Thrace wrote:

Reading comprehension, bro. He just said that he'd be addressing the issue. So...

He will be addressing the multi-device issue that creates the the double disable glitch yeah.

He said nothing about addressing the cheaters? Unless somehow half of his post is invisible to me.

- also im not ur 'bro'

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Hallucinations wrote:
Kara Thrace wrote:

He will be addressing the multi-device issue that creates the the double disable glitch yeah.

He said nothing about addressing the cheaters? Unless somehow half of his post is invisible to me.

- also im not ur 'bro'

Dude, bro if he is preventing the method they use to cheat then he is addressing the cheaters. ASSUMING this is officially cheating in the first place. Man, guy I think you just got a personal vendetta here. What other games do you play? Tell me a free game with no cheaters and no cash shop. My previous post stands. You're just riled up. You're not giving an inch here. Get a massage or watch a comedy flick, fella.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Hallucinations wrote:

He said nothing about addressing the cheaters?

Pretty sure that's none of your business, or any of ours.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Hallucinations wrote:
Kara Thrace wrote:

- also im not ur 'bro'

I really think you need to get one of the new allies suggested here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39208

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:14 pm

webguydan wrote:

Thanks, Darkstar! You're the best. ^_^

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:39 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
webguydan wrote:

One "screen" as in one browser session (may or may not have multiple tabs), or one "screen" as in one window (HTML DOM) object, or .... ?

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next