View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Design Error 

Hallucinations wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:
Any chance for an Update Dan?

You should probably just quit the game if this is keeping you awake at night ;)

This "fix" ain't coming ever... Either Dan doesn't know how to implement such a solution without making things 10x worse/lagtastic(or stopping mobile access altogether) or he see's that there aren't really all that many people even fussed about it anymore.

I'm not losing sleep over it or anything. I just want to know if Dan is still at least working on it - If so I might think about spending more money on GL.

As it stands I only play GL to help the Infinity community, I'm currently semi-retired. My only goals are to help Infinity the best I can. Maybe I will focus on my own ship when this issue is fixed.

For those of who don't understand my concern... Fine ill make what I was told public. Please note I can not confirm these allegations are true but if they are... well its game breaking.

I was told the following by a player after finding out what Wolfy was up doing decided to test things out for himself before he quit. - He quit the game after finding out the state of this game.

He told me that using the multi device glitch you can;
- Get TWO badges for every ONE time manipulator you use.
- Add TWO planet artifacts for every ONE you have.
- Add TWO base artifacts for every ONE you have.
- Harvest double the production points you could normally pull.

I don't know if any of this is true, and I don't intent to find out myself. But if it is... Well you can understand my concern.

Now you guys may finally understand why I feel this is a serious issue.

I don't think anyone is stupid as to say they don't understand why its a serious issue, it's that people don't want a half-assed fix that buggers the game in other aspects, or a fix that takes twice as long as it should, that only fixes one issue, whereas a different fix could fix the issue, and a half dozen others at the same time. :)

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:41 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
I don't think anyone is stupid as to say they don't understand why its a serious issue, it's that people don't want a half-assed fix that buggers the game in other aspects, or a fix that takes twice as long as it should, that only fixes one issue, whereas a different fix could fix the issue, and a half dozen others at the same time. :)

I want the fix to be done properly too, considering Dan said a fix would come in January. I am not demanding a fix right now am I? Just an update...

Edit: I have sent Dan a PM. I will await his reply.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:47 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Hallucinations wrote:
I will await his reply.

LOL

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:16 am

Hallucinations wrote:
I was told the following by a player after finding out what Wolfy was up doing decided to test things out for himself before he quit. - He quit the game after finding out the state of this game.

I don't know if any of this is true, and I don't intent to find out myself. But if it is... Well you can understand my concern.

And yet you felt free to berate me for not believing you on something you won't even fully stand behind publicly. Since this alleged player isn't you or anyone well known we're left with the supposed word of a person of unknown reputation... you'll have to bear with my unreasonable skepticism in the face of such irrefutable evidence.

Hallucinations wrote:
I am not demanding a fix right now am I? Just an update...

Don't be coy, your repeated requests for updates backed by threats of no more GP is clearly a demand.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:40 am

Troll's lololol

My last words are to Dan, not you.

Any chance of an update Dan?

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:17 am

ICBLF wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:

And yet you felt free to berate me for not believing you on something you won't even fully stand behind publicly. Since this alleged player isn't you or anyone well known we're left with the supposed word of a person of unknown reputation... you'll have to bear with my unreasonable skepticism in the face of such irrefutable evidence.

Hallucinations wrote:
I am not demanding a fix right now am I? Just an update...

Don't be coy, your repeated requests for updates backed by threats of no more GP is clearly a demand.

Cant believe im feeding a troll.
ICBF, are you now claiming that things are not duplicated by this bug, based on the fact that you do not know Halls source?

If so, you are the only one. Some have argued that its not worth the effort to fix, or its not a galaxy wide problem.

You would be the only one saying that it doesn't exist.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:21 am

Golgotha wrote:
ICBF, are you now claiming that things are not duplicated by this bug, based on the fact that you do not know Halls source?

If so, you are the only one. Some have argued that its not worth the effort to fix, or its not a galaxy wide problem.

If you're legitimately interested in discussing this, read what I wrote before again.

I've been over this a lot, but in brief
  • I've argued that the problem (not a symptom) needs a fix, but double badges is not worth breaking the entire game over
  • Hallucinations is lobbying for a specific "solution" right now despite the fact that we see Dan working on useful and positive things
  • Hallucinations also claims that the problem is bigger and gamebreaking but won't say why
  • When he finally does list claims of specific further exploits, it's hearsay from an anonymous source (but I should trust it because?)

Golgotha, how dare you call me a troll with any semblance of honor when I haven't stooped to name-calling and misrepresentation of the other side but Hallucinations and now you both have?

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:35 am

Wolfy has already admitted to testing the Multi device glitch so it is "true". He was banned for it. What more proof do you need that there is a Major Issue ICBLF?

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:53 am

ICBLF wrote:
Golgotha wrote:

If you're legitimately interested in discussing this, read what I wrote before again.

I've been over this a lot, but in brief
  • I've argued that the problem (not a symptom) needs a fix, but double badges is not worth breaking the entire game over
  • Hallucinations is lobbying for a specific "solution" right now despite the fact that we see Dan working on useful and positive things
  • Hallucinations also claims that the problem is bigger and gamebreaking but won't say why
  • When he finally does list claims of specific further exploits, it's hearsay from an anonymous source (but I should trust it because?)

Golgotha, how dare you call me a troll with any semblance of honor?

Dont worry, I would call you a troll that has absolutely no semblance of honor :P Nah, i got no hate on for this, but you are baiting hall at this point, not discussing. Started fine, has devolved.
Only going to comment this once, because its turned into a circular argument just like small ship builds.

Double badges are a symptom of the underlying problem yes, but its only one of the many many symptoms. Duplication of any artifact or resources at any time is much more serious. This is why Hall wants a solution - not from fear of someone getting two reds from his ship as you imply. Him saying "he doesnt know if it is true" is misleading, yes. He means he doesnt want to test it himself and risk getting banned, when he has been told it is true and makes perfect sense with observable data.

Even if he quoted from a specific source, i doubt it would make a difference. The double effect is easily observable, known to exist, and can logically be applied to absolutely anything that doesn't have a pre-existing fix to prevent, such as the old double/triple/quadruple base badges. I ran into it in my early days playing on IE on my laptop. As in the first week. It never occurred to me to deliberately duplicate this bug for my own benefit, i promptly forgot about it once i had firefox again, and was reminded a year and a half later when i first heard of people duping items.

See above for exactly why hall is saying the problem is bigger and game breaking. We told him not to list specifics in case people got ideas about doing it themselves. Do not cause copycat crimes was the thoughts. They have now been listed. Let us hope there are no follow on effects.

To me, the entire concept of deliberately cheating confuses me. I can think of no better way to instantly destroy any fun you could have in a game, as it would be utterly meaningless at that point onwards. I am aware that people do it, and cheat codes exist for many games. But how can you have enjoyment in playing, in winning, or even in growing, if you know that you are not responsible for that growth or win? Its like a little kid boasting that his older brother could beat someone up for him. It may even be true, but it sure doesn't let him grow from the encounter.

I am not has hardcore as Hall about this subject. If someone cheats, well, guess they just suck and cant play properly anyway. It doesn't matter if they have ten million times my stats, I could kill them with enough time and effort, unless they are running a script 24/7. And if that's the case, that makes them a NPC not a player, and not worthy of my time or consideration.

Peace.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:57 am

Hey guys, keep calm and discuss things like normal people, please.

Thank you.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:20 am

S.Hawking wrote:

Thank you.

That's discrimination against those unable to discuss things calmly.

I don't like where this is headed. :?

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:30 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
S.Hawking wrote:

Thank you.

That's discrimination against those unable to discuss things calmly.

I don't like where this is headed. :?

lol'ed at this.

On topic. Multi tab is not the issue, IMO, but the data race (and multi device) is. I hope Dan can fix the data race, so we can safely use multi tab again.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:51 pm
Profile WWW

I ask this now Dan...?

Will you even be fixing this Issue?

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:59 am

I see that the galaxy has somehow miraculously survived this game ending bug despite the months that have passed. Is it possible there was a wee bit of a overreaction here? :mrgreen:

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:59 pm

DarthRavadge wrote:
I see that the galaxy has somehow miraculously survived this game ending bug despite the months that have passed. Is it possible there was a wee bit of a overreaction here? :mrgreen:

We survuved with the help of tinfoil hats . So I stil feel like we are facing a grave aploclipic thing. and im running out of tinfoil. :(

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Dan any updates?

At the end of the day it is you who is loosing money... Maybe that is enough reason?

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5