View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PVP problem 

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
For last few days, GL has been freezing up on me during PVP. I don't think there's a common denominator, just that it's been happening while I'm in the process of attacking someone on my BT. The blue bar itself even freezes. Other tabs continue to work as normal, and I have to refresh that page or just close/re-open it to get working again. I probably wouldn't mind, but this frequent (about every 10th person I bring up on my BT) and then I lose that person off my BT.

I'm assuming you're all going to tell me that it's just me, but I do have to ask (for my own troubleshooting purposes). Anyone else seeing this? At this point, I haven't tried different browsers, etc. The reason I suspect something in the game to be the problem is that other activities involving massive amounts if clicking (NPC, building purgers, scan runs) seem to working smoothly.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 pm

I've seen this happen as well. I don't hit a lot of people, but it happens often enough to be pretty annoying.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:48 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
For last few days, GL has been freezing up on me during PVP. I don't think there's a common denominator, just that it's been happening while I'm in the process of attacking someone on my BT. The blue bar itself even freezes. Other tabs continue to work as normal, and I have to refresh that page or just close/re-open it to get working again. I probably wouldn't mind, but this frequent (about every 10th person I bring up on my BT) and then I lose that person off my BT.

I'm assuming you're all going to tell me that it's just me, but I do have to ask (for my own troubleshooting purposes). Anyone else seeing this? At this point, I haven't tried different browsers, etc. The reason I suspect something in the game to be the problem is that other activities involving massive amounts if clicking (NPC, building purgers, scan runs) seem to working smoothly.
I do not PVP from tablet/phone because of that issue -- happens like you say, about 1 out of every 10 opponents. This may or may not have occurred on my laptop; I do not recall it happening, though.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:56 pm

I believe this is the same issue I was talking about here - http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39807

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 pm

I have been experiencing this throughout the game, it's quite annoying. sometimes the game 'sticks' where I get the blue progress indicator perpetually and I have to refresh to be able to continue..

If I try to just cancel by clicking on an empty area or clicking another activity, the server will still be trying to process my original request while I'm doing other stuff, which results in odd / undesirable behavior such as the tab suddenly jumping to the arti tab with a message related to the activity I was trying to perform at the time. Kind of dangerous, esp. if you're doing something like buying something with GP, using an energy cube, etc. Could result in your activity being performed multiple times.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:20 pm

I have been experiencing some serious sticking, lagging, freezing in PVP lately. Although, I have been putting it down to my very old laptop and modem. I use Firefox as my browser.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:19 pm

lost about 30 pvp targets halfway through lag and gl crashing in the last week... starting to really annoy me, especially when you have already put about 1k E into hitting someone then lose them due to a crash/lag...

Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:35 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Dan, still having this problem. Do you have any plans, at ALL, to address the problem? Or do you not care about your customers? You owe me about 50 of each badge at this point. Pay up or fix it. If not, I'm done buying GP.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:10 am

This was one of the factors why I quit doing PvP. I was experiencing the same thing you are talking about all of a sudden. Lost many many targets. Makes PvPing even harder. It seems to be affecting PvP the most and really badly like you say every 10 people.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:43 am

Dan, please, please, pleeeeeeeeease address this serious issue, I really want to earn the 4000 ctp on offer. :D
Please, please, pleeeeeeeease

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:05 am

But slightly more seriously, it would be nice to hear if you have, or haven't, identified this as an issue within the game. With all the new badge modules and upgrades now available, PVP is a huge part of the game for most players, whether they participate in the forums, or not.

For me the issue has been minor, so far, just lag not any sudden lose of targets. Interestingly, and possibly not relevant, I find my lag improves dramatically when I stack my artis?!?!

But a response from you, or a minion (not the EOTS type), as to whether you are looking into it or think it's an issue/non-issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:11 am

Hmm, I haven't been getting lag with PvP, but severe lag with NPCing lately.
Every now and then, i open up a NPC and get so much lag, it forces me to refresh.

Not quite the same problem as you, but similar.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:08 am

This lag is an issue please help fix it.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:53 pm

It is frustrating to lose a kill without question. Have had lag on occasion but only 2 times to my knowledge has the program permanently froze up on me that a hour later screen was still stuck. We all want best game experience possible but if the issue of lag is not responsible for the freeze out I think we'd get better results addressing lag first.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:03 pm

I re-installed Chrome and removed some old extensions that I'm not using anymore. Seems to have helped, but I'll find out by later tonight after I finish this current Mark of War task in the legion mission (requires PVP against 100+ different players, most of whom will be halced).

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:41 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:
I re-installed Chrome and removed some old extensions that I'm not using anymore. Seems to have helped, but I'll find out by later tonight after I finish this current Mark of War task in the legion mission (requires PVP against 100+ different players, most of whom will be halced).

Yep. That fixed it.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:57 am

So, it might be outdated extensions ?

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:07 am
Profile WWW

In the top ten on the kills board, and this is a very annoying issue. it requires that every 10-15th target gets a free pass, and the game crashes, as well as the forums. I usually have to close both tabs because they are unresponsive for more then 5 minutes (i wasnt waiting any longer then that) and re open them, which of course reloads the BT and removes the target I was attacking.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Icky Vicky wrote:
In the top ten on the kills board, and this is a very annoying issue. it requires that every 10-15th target gets a free pass, and the game crashes, as well as the forums. I usually have to close both tabs because they are unresponsive for more then 5 minutes (i wasnt waiting any longer then that) and re open them, which of course reloads the BT and removes the target I was attacking.

I think that pretty much confirms your identity...

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:11 pm
Profile WWW

JohnMcAuley wrote:
Icky Vicky wrote:

I think that pretty much confirms your identity...

...what's that gotta do with this? o.O

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next