View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Biologist Population Bonus Doesn't Work Right 

Dunno if this has been covered before, but if you are a biologist and you build something or use an artifact/ability on one of your planets, the population reverts to its normal maximum. Furthermore, if you use a cloning pod, it only recognizes the normal maximum as well.

EXAMPLE:

You are a Biologist that has a planet with 130 pop (100 normally), and for some reason, you decide to put an Ion Repulsor on it.

Next thing you know, the planet has 100/130 population -- and furthermore, if you wait a few minutes until it is at 103/130, then use a cloning pod or other artifact on it, it goes right back down to 100/130.

Very odd. It's not isolated, either. This has occured on almost all of the planets I've tested. The only planet I have come across with consistent biologist-multiplied population is a 20x that I have been meaning to bother Dan about cause it's one of those "refuse to transfuse" planets that you see posted about every now and then.

Anyhow... kind of defeats the already questionable advantage of being Biologist if you run to defend a planet that's being attacked and actually LOSE population when you throw a repulsor/longevity/pod on it!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Yes, many times; search is your friend.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]