View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 bug in legion mission? 

Assault on Crimson Deep-6, "Disable Sniper Drones" task

I did ~14k energy, ranked up 5-6 times, went through a couple hundred NPC's, and got zero snipers. Bug? Broken feature?

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:42 am

14k eng is vague especially when you say "a couple hundred".
A couple hundred npc's means 200 to me(20 minutes of hitting npcs), in those 20 minutes there is a good chance that you won't find any.
2 other things: 1. Did you join the legion mission? 2. do you have the 400 min scan required to find them?

Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:18 am
Profile WWW

Going 2-300 npc's without seeing one is pretty normal.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:30 am

I'm (or was) rank 188 when I started hunting for them, and yes I had 600 scan. A couple hundred and 14k energy is ALOT for someone at my rank.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 pm

and theres no way you shouldnt have found at least 1 sniper after 200 or so NPC's. The other missions were nowhere near this impossible.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Okay Firewall, ignore the advice of all the guys above who already have fully upgraded Sniper Drones...
200 NPCs is nothing when doing the Legion Mission NPC hunts, sometimes you just have bad luck.
There is certainly no bug, it just is what it is. Sorry, better luck next time.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:37 pm

so you don't think the mission is perhaps a bit lopsided, making it possible for higher ranks to finish than lower ranks? (and keep in mind, some missions which can only really be finished by high rank players are labeled as such in the task panel..)

idk, it sounds like a bug to me, otherwise it's designed to punish legions with lower ranked players.. which is a red flag to me.

I've spent hundreds of $$ playing this game.. but if it's perhaps lopsided in its objectives, I should probably stop wasting my time and spending any more on it and just treat it as a side game until I find a better odds game on facebook..

Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:45 pm

FireWall wrote:
so you don't think the mission is perhaps a bit lopsided, making it possible for higher ranks to finish than lower ranks? (and keep in mind, some missions which can only really be finished by high rank players are labeled as such in the task panel..)

idk, it sounds like a bug to me, otherwise it's designed to punish legions with lower ranked players.. which is a red flag to me.

I've spent hundreds of $$ playing this game.. but if it's perhaps lopsided in its objectives, I should probably stop wasting my time and spending any more on it and just treat it as a side game until I find a better odds game on facebook..

oh do stop moaning... some things are more aimed at higher ranks due to higher energy consumptions/lower spawn rates... i bet at your rank you still have heaps of other stuff to do with missions etc... at higehr ranks you have generaly completed most of them so legion missions, pvp and npcing are your only 3 energy pools, except like ct lab and base donations etc...

Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Adsibearsawsome wrote:
oh do stop moaning... some things are more aimed at higher ranks due to higher energy consumptions/lower spawn rates... i bet at your rank you still have heaps of other stuff to do with missions etc... at higehr ranks you have generaly completed most of them so legion missions, pvp and npcing are your only 3 energy pools, except like ct lab and base donations etc...

yes well except I already started the mission and there was no warning that it was geared towards higher rank players. So far 3 of us have started it and none have found even a single sniper.

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:02 pm

FireWall wrote:
Adsibearsawsome wrote:
oh do stop moaning... some things are more aimed at higher ranks due to higher energy consumptions/lower spawn rates... i bet at your rank you still have heaps of other stuff to do with missions etc... at higher ranks you have generally completed most of them so legion missions, pvp and npcing are your only 3 energy pools, except like ct lab and base donations etc...

yes well except I already started the mission and there was no warning that it was geared towards higher rank players. So far 3 of us have started it and none have found even a single sniper.

Tough, i've known people find them all in about 10k E and i have myself had to spend about 80k E on them to find them all. Its luck and quantity... Just get on and keep npcing if you want to finish it, if not you know now not to do it now or be prepared to spend the E to do it like everyone else has to... Also being on here means you can ask if unsure about something/look on the wiki for info about a legion mission...

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:22 pm

It is easier for high ranks in the sense that we are capable of killing NPCs in fewer hits.
We still have to put in the time like low ranks do to kill all the NPCs to find the legion missions NPCs.

Joining a legion mission task such as this is a lot like locking a higher level base. You think you can do it but then quickly realize the cost is too much to finish or the reward just isn't worth the cost for you right now.

It is up to you and your legion to figure these legion missions out. Whether that be trying to get a high chance of passing or just doing certain tasks for the goal of just getting those rewards and accepting a low chance to pass.

Don't view it as an unfair part of the game, view it as a goal you can work towards with your friends.

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:34 pm

We just had Assault on Crimson Deep-6.

I found all my Sniper Drones in 10.5K energy... It is all the way the RNG drops

(oh and I am not this lucky every time, I have spent 60+K on past LMs)

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
FireWall wrote:

I feel your pain.

A lot of players talk about how it really is just random and that you have bad luck in some cases. I don't disagree, but I also think that the overall odds are just different for different players (like the RNG seeding is wrong), and this could be a case where your particular drop rate for Sniper Drones ended up in the dumps. You'll have better luck on other events / missions. Hopefully, the Sniper Drone drop rate is not stuck low for you in the future. I have a horrific shortage of Mylari Build extractors that seems to be permanent, but I get drop rates that fluctuate for other NPCs.

All that being said, I don't think 200 NPCs is enough to conclude that you are stuck into a Sniper Drone rut. After about 1,000 NPCs with no hits, I'd start to question it. Much of the game content, especially lately seems to be geared for higher-rank players who have energy to burn. I speculate that is because they buy most of the GP that keeps Dan in business, but who knows.

I don't like to see new players or lower ranks get discouraged. If you need artis, credits, etc, just let me know. I'll do what I can to help (not that I'm all powerful or anything). https://www.facebook.com/leeland.lewis

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:53 am

as I see it FireWall, the main problem here is not the NPC's but your rank
at rank 188, you have quite a large pool of NPC's you can get on scanner, and that make finding any specifik NPC 10 times very hard

at rank 600, you lose quite a few of the common and uncommon NPC's you start up with, and that increase your chance of finding the Legion mission NPC's a lot
and the same happens Again at rank 100

below Rank 600, you could easily be looking at 100K energy to do the mission
at rank 600, I could usealy do them for 15 to 30K energy
and at rank 1000+, it usealy takes me less then 15K energy

so my bedst advice is, pick some of the other tasks until you have gained a few ranks
and while you do that, Work on increasing your max energy and attack to the point where you can simply autorank by killing NPC's - that makes these NPC hunts quite easy to do

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]