View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Unban request due to multiple accounts. 

Dan,

As many others, i committed the crime of having multiple accounts and now i cannot just go ahead of creating a new one because it will also get locked, I received a cold ban and lost it all. Most of us don't read the TOS or even better, don't read anything that doesn't involve doing a car or a house purchase or obtaining a credit card.
With everyone petition to please allow us to keep playing this game and be part of the extraordinary community, i ask you to please consider our fault and give us a chance to at least have one account.
As for me i don't mind starting a new one all clear since the beginning, even though most of us have accounts banned that spent galaxy points which created support to continue this game.
Spending a dollar in this game is giving you a vote from us and its telling you, we love this game. Please give us a chance to keep supporting it.

Thanks for your time and i hope many other people wishes to play back to keep supporting this great game and this great community.

Blacklotus.

Characters names: Narcotic, Warpig, Blacklotus, Mantis and Faraon.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:05 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Ok, so Dan is checking for alts now. If you're not able to create a whole new account, that means Dan is banning based on IP address, which is a bad idea. Like I've said before, it's not unreasonable that 2 people in the same household both play. I'm the only one at my house, but I can easily see this being a problem for other players. And what about public hotspots like at Starbucks, Airports, Libraries, etc. What happens when 2 (or more) players happen to use the same access point? They booth get banned? Anyone who ever used it gets banned? Plus, your IP can change. What happens when Comcast changes things up and I get a different IP that once belonged to a multi. Odds are slim of that happening, but still.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Wait...you had FIVE accounts?!

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:03 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
Ok, so Dan is checking for alts now. If you're not able to create a whole new account, that means Dan is banning based on IP address, which is a bad idea. Like I've said before, it's not unreasonable that 2 people in the same household both play. I'm the only one at my house, but I can easily see this being a problem for other players. And what about public hotspots like at Starbucks, Airports, Libraries, etc. What happens when 2 (or more) players happen to use the same access point? They booth get banned? Anyone who ever used it gets banned? Plus, your IP can change. What happens when Comcast changes things up and I get a different IP that once belonged to a multi. Odds are slim of that happening, but still.

And how that help us??? Please understand the reason of the thread. It is a petition.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Frexx wrote:

I have 5 accounts on EVE Online which i had to pay monthly. If you had your own game, then you probably will see the benefit of me having 5 accounts and paying for them.

And how that help us??? Please understand the reason of the thread. It is a petition.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Blacklotus wrote:
And how that help us ??? Please understand the reason of the thread. It is a petition.

Who is this US you keep referring to?

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:48 pm

You broke the rules... you were punished for that breaking of the rules.

If you can't live with the results, don't do it. Oh and pleading ignorance really is no defence.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Also where would he draw the line- People banned for alts are allowed back, but not scripters? Scripters are allowed if they get a big enough petition?

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but, uhhh..... What's a scripter?

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Blacklotus, Please read the forum rules
if you couldnt be bothered to read the ToS, you proberly didn't read those as well

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1591

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:04 pm

umbongo wrote:
You broke the rules... you were punished for that breaking of the rules.

If you can't live with the results, don't do it. Oh and pleading ignorance really is no defence.

Guess what? there are atleast a few players in game that had multiple accounts~ Dan deactivated all but the one he considered their main account (probably time played/rank/stats determined this)

Many of them are still playing the game because they were given the chance to do so.

Many others who spammed comms/sent vile insults got banned. Many others have simply been comm-muted because the outright bans are excessive.

Hacking the game = outright ban

multi-accounting when you aren't aware it's against the tos should come with a first and only warning(coupled with deactivation of all but main account) repeat offenders get perma-ban.

Alot of players have broken the rules in one way or another, most of us haven't been banned for it~ Multi-ing is just more stigmatized by the community

Offical Stuff-Knower of Mist Nebula Corps

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:03 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Chloron wrote:
Blacklotus wrote:
And how that help us ??? Please understand the reason of the thread. It is a petition.

Who is this US you keep referring to?

His 5 different accounts, maybe?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:03 am

Blacklotus wrote:
Frexx wrote:

I have 5 accounts on EVE Online which i had to pay monthly. If you had your own game, then you probably will see the benefit of me having 5 accounts and paying for them.

Oh I get what it is...but it is ridiculous to me that someone could break the ToS with not one other account but 4 other accounts and then plead for leniency. I mean, come on, no one is that ridiculously naive, surely.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:13 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:

I'm assuming that Dan decided that this guy was definitely an alt and banned his specific IP address, but isn't going around banning all people who share an IP address. There are quite a few IRL friends in the game, as well as many get people in their household, whether it be family or roommates to play(For instance, I have a roommate with a level 70ish account). I'm sure it's possible to tell the difference by looking at logs, or looking at a high frequency of trades between players.

KxG Ryoko wrote:
Hacking the game = outright ban

Out of curiosity, have there ever been any hackers of this game and what exactly did they do(if known)?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Blacklotus wrote:
Dan,

As many others, i committed the crime of having multiple accounts and now i cannot just go ahead of creating a new one because it will also get locked, I received a cold ban and lost it all. Most of us don't read the TOS or even better, don't read anything that doesn't involve doing a car or a house purchase or obtaining a credit card.
With everyone petition to please allow us to keep playing this game and be part of the extraordinary community, i ask you to please consider our fault and give us a chance to at least have one account.
As for me i don't mind starting a new one all clear since the beginning, even though most of us have accounts banned that spent galaxy points which created support to continue this game.
Spending a dollar in this game is giving you a vote from us and its telling you, we love this game. Please give us a chance to keep supporting it.

Thanks for your time and i hope many other people wishes to play back to keep supporting this great game and this great community.

Blacklotus.

Characters names: Narcotic, Warpig, Blacklotus, Mantis and Faraon.

Oh, you're serious? AND you're running FIVE ACCOUNTS? I'm surprised Dan didn't personally appear on this thread and tell you to shove it

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]