View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Banned for no reason? 

Dear dan,
I have been banned from galaxy legion without cause or reason; I sent an email when it happened on Tuesday to support@galaxylegion.com, however I did not get a response. I also sent another one yesterday, still with no response, so I would appreciate it if you reply to me, or pm me.

Kind regards
platinum

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:12 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Dude, I have emails to Dan from 2 years ago that still aren't answered. Dan started checking for multiple accounts recently which could explain the ban.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:36 pm

I have a brother and his son in my house, so I guess Dan may have ip blocked us, they are all unable to use their accounts

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
buffalo soldier wrote:
I have a brother and his son in my house, so I guess Dan may have ip blocked us, they are all unable to use their accounts

Yea, Dan thinks there is always a 1:1 correlation between Players and IP addresses. We've been seeing a spike in banned players - at least some of them legitimately have more than one player in the same household.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:41 pm

It's against the rules to have a bunch of people playing, don't want to risk the game becoming popular.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:24 pm

By the way, Dan, the other day I used the computer at my sisters house to login real quick and collect resources. She doesn't play GL, but if she ever does, please don't ban me for it. Also, if and when my IP changes, do I need to let you know? What if I end up with an IP that used to belong to another player? Or what if I happen to show up at Starbucks free wifi at the same time as Topper Harley?

Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:37 am

PLURVIOUS wrote:
By the way, Dan, the other day I used the computer at my sisters house to login real quick and collect resources. She doesn't play GL, but if she ever does, please don't ban me for it. Also, if and when my IP changes, do I need to let you know? What if I end up with an IP that used to belong to another player? Or what if I happen to show up at Starbucks free wifi at the same time as Topper Harley?
Don't know if you're trolling or serious.

If serious: there are a lot of people in the same real life circle of friends/family who play GL in close proximity to one another... sometimes even in the same room from the same house and I've never heard any of them complain about being banned or having to "explain themselves" to Dan. Until this happens, I think you are creating an issue that does not exist.

On the other hand, I have seen more than one person who was "banned for no reason," admit after being pressed that yes, they were using two or more ships on their computer. If you follow the activity of two or more ships logged in from the same house/cafe/neighborhood/whatever, I'm sure it's not hard to tell who is really playing and who is just logging in to scan/feed/hold for another ship. Don't panic: your sister can play GL even when you are logged in at her house!

:eek:

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 am

Well, I hope all those people who play GL in close proximity to each other are using different IPs. If not, the player base will be that much smaller. My sister doesn't play GL (and now I have to make sure it stays that way).

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:51 am

I appreciate all of your comments, both the serious and humorous ones, but in all seriousness, I haven't had a reply yet, and it's getting a bit too long. Nearly a week has passed, and I am getting a quite annoyed...

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:30 am

buffalo soldier wrote:
I appreciate all of your comments, both the serious and humorous ones, but in all seriousness, I haven't had a reply yet, and it's getting a bit too long. Nearly a week has passed, and I am getting a quite annoyed...

You will not receive a reply over a ban. It's to "protect the game and its players", apparently.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 am

buffalo soldier wrote:

You can't play the game anymore anyway, so there isn't really a point in replying. Sorry, but it's unlikely this is going to change.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:46 pm

That's what you get for letting your brother and/or his son play GL.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:53 pm

But why the f should I, a rule abiding player, have to suffer because a minority of players abuse the system. It's a load of bull! It just alienates players.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:40 pm

buffalo soldier wrote:
But why the f should I, a rule abiding player, have to suffer because a minority of players abuse the system. It's a load of bull! It just alienates players.

You shouldn't have to. I'm on your side. I agree that Dan should answer emails and that he shouldn't consider the same IP to be a multi. At the very least, he should consider your case. But Dan, in the same manner as he doesn't care about you, also doesn't care about me.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:45 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
buffalo soldier wrote:

You shouldn't have to. I'm on your side. I agree that Dan should answer emails and that he shouldn't consider the same IP to be a multi. At the very least, he should consider your case. But Dan, in the same manner as he doesn't care about you, also doesn't care about me.

I am glad people are agreeing with me but why does Dan take no notice, even with this here, he has surely read it...

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:50 pm

My guess is that he doesn't care. It's the same reason that a retailer or bank doesn't care about a particular customer. I mean, they "care about customers" in general, but when it comes down to it, all but the top tier of customers really mean anything. The Harmons or Smiths down the street from my house could care less if I'm happy with their service/products, even if I scream and cry about it. They could kick me out or ban me from the store and they wouldn't notice a difference (it would mess up my whole routine, but not theirs).

Maybe talk to some of the more elite players? There are some players who seem to be able to get Dan's attention (although, I don't know how).

I budget $50 every 2 weeks to buy GP (and sometimes go over budget). That ends up being about $75/month for Dan after Facebook takes their cut, and that's never been enough for me to be of any consequence as far as Dan is concerned. Dan (obviously) makes so much more than $75/month from this game that my particular $75 is just a drop in the bucket. I still have fun playing (not complaining about having spent money) - I'm just stating a fact - when comes to getting a response (for anything) from Dan himself, good luck. If you do find the secret, let me know.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:21 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
My guess is that he doesn't care. It's the same reason that a retailer or bank doesn't care about a particular customer. I mean, they "care about customers" in general, but when it comes down to it, all but the top tier of customers really mean anything. The Harmons or Smiths down the street from my house could care less if I'm happy with their service/products, even if I scream and cry about it. They could kick me out or ban me from the store and they wouldn't notice a difference (it would mess up my whole routine, but not theirs).

Maybe talk to some of the more elite players? There are some players who seem to be able to get Dan's attention (although, I don't know how).

I budget $50 every 2 weeks to buy GP (and sometimes go over budget). That ends up being about $75/month for Dan after Facebook takes their cut, and that's never been enough for me to be of any consequence as far as Dan is concerned. Dan (obviously) makes so much more than $75/month from this game that my particular $75 is just a drop in the bucket. I still have fun playing (not complaining about having spent money) - I'm just stating a fact - when comes to getting a response (for anything) from Dan himself, good luck. If you do find the secret, let me know.

Promise to buy GP you gotta pay Dan off and become a gold member customer xD Plurv has a good point.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Keep a quick note of something. Does Dan ever reply to posts? occasionally yes, but only to those that are an actual problem or idea that he can fix or likes. Now when he doesn't reply here are the options, he either did not look at the post or he knows he does not know how to fix the problem. Best solution to this? Dan you need to ask your players for help, there are so many people in this community that know programming and coding and such, i'ts never a bad thing to have some help. That's the soul reason for a forums for everyone to discuss matters with each other! Wake up!

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:44 pm

I have always had a response from Dan. Most within 2 hours, 99% within 24 hours.

That said I've never had to deal with the issue of being banned so I wouldn't know with that.

Buffalo you sounded uncertain if you were banned. I think if Dan bans someone it should come up clearly at least. I doubt he'll ever explain his reasoning mind or allow appeals. Different issues there... but let the poor guys know for sure its not a glitch at least.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:55 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
buffalo soldier wrote:

Yea, Dan thinks there is always a 1:1 correlation between Players and IP addresses. We've been seeing a spike in banned players - at least some of them legitimately have more than one player in the same household.

that' s kinda silly because there is a reality that several people in the same household could play. why always assume the worst?

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next