View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Crimson Cutlasses too common/abundant 

Surely I can't be the only one to be inundated by these ships. We need a total of 110 to complete the new mission and I've killed 120 so far!!

They take 100 energy to kill and give 10 that's right a whole 10exp on disabling them. Not too much of an issue you may say but the tej-sheel research chips scrap for practically nothing too.

They should at least scrap for ctp instead of credits. We should be able to stop them spawning or npcing is a waste of time.

Dan you should look at this please.

Leader of Ghosts

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:55 pm

maybe have them not spawn if the mission is completed for the day?

ICBLF wrote:
to be honest, I was rooting for you even while eating KVTs

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:07 pm

another 6 since I posted this thread sigh

Leader of Ghosts

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Lol, I'm actually getting very few of these. I only have 18 of the chips in cargo.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:59 pm

i like that you can get a batch on a npc day and still complete the mission, without being able to hustle them each and every day.

I do like the idea of ctp scraps. Failing that, cap the amount at the amount needed to complete the mission sounds good too.

But more than 10 a day can be a good thing...

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:13 pm

I only have 22.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:56 pm
Profile WWW

Since this biweekly began I have gained enough dark badges for 2 quantum accelerators and 1 Accelerator upgrade. I have gotten enough of the drop for the mission to do... 5 completions. Yes definitely extremely common for me. Uh huh, totally inundated with them. 436 Dark Badges to 50 Chips ... so yeah definitely the most uncommon common NPC I have ever had on my tab. Just saying.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:04 am

Serne wrote:
Since this biweekly began I have gained enough dark badges for 2 quantum accelerators and 1 Accelerator upgrade. I have gotten enough of the drop for the mission to do... 5 completions. Yes definitely extremely common for me. Uh huh, totally inundated with them. 436 Dark Badges to 50 Chips ... so yeah definitely the most uncommon common NPC I have ever had on my tab. Just saying.

I've noticed that the spawn rate of them has been reduced almost to half of the initial spawn rate, starting from 2 days ago.
I was NPCing heavily for the Cerulean Conclave and Roathir : Hostile Takeover when the biweekly started, so I noticed it. When the mission first released, I find them a bit more common than Stryll Trapper

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:12 am
Profile WWW

Tej-Sheel Research Chip (Uses Left: 672)...

i have not noticed any changes on spawn rates, they come as often as Flamehawks or Assassins if not more.

Anyway, just a few more days and mission will be over... but should be noted for future missions, if they are linked to a common NPC they should not be "daily", as that just screws with the active players (I wouldn't have minded the mission if I could have just get it done once I had enough chips...)

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:31 am

Got to admit that I don't see any problems with how regularly they spawn, if anything I don't get enough of them... I think it is just a case of some people get more of certain NPCs than others.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Yip, i agree, not enough of them.
I'm NPC'ng my teeth blunt and struggle to find the Cutlass.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:53 am

i guess i'll be goldilocks ... the drop rate is ... JUST RIGHT (for me).

i have 18 in cargo so 12 more to find and drop over the next couple days to get enough for the remaining 3 completions.

and i will likely drop one more for a souvenir chip ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:09 am
Profile WWW

agree with the other lower ranks (minus senatorhung) - it takes me 1.5 to 2 energy bars to find enough cutlasses for one round of the mission. A common NPC shouldn't be spawning at a rate of 1:750 energy or 1:1000 energy ><

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:07 pm

I got 12 chips in the space of time it took to kill 10 carjean sentries. I dont think they're that abundant...

Stark Tech Inside

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:08 pm

How uncommon it should read

I had my NPC list filled up for days with elites/bosses , because it was easier to pull them than these
I was feeding my legion elites sometimes 6 elites/bosses per day by me

taking down boss elites that require 10-12 members that don't play all day and wait for them to clear it 2 days later kinda kills it when my whole list is full or elites or bosses
I do have the energy to do it - I can autolevel - but I want my legion mates to get goodies too
(they may or may not have the energy to kill 4 elites I have up + plus others my legion have alerted - and we had that going on too)
so I get stuck waiting for my NPC list to clear a bit - and unable to get them because they aren't common enough as the others

I even got in a rut where I was getting an elite or bosses every couple of kills
so that killed those days of NPCing and trying to get the cutlasses - because I had to wait on legion mates to get on the alerts and clear at least 1 slot

Luckily I might make it 40% thru the chain ... i would have been happy at 50%

Doesn't matter - picked up lots of goodies from the other NPC's
so it works out for me - either way

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:41 am

Tej-Sheel Research Chip (Uses Left: 1137)...

so glad they are gone... just hope we never get another daily mission like this one (I wouldn't have minded how common the were if I could have just finished the mission in one day).

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]