View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Lepus: Where have they all gone 

I have been npcing quite a lot not sure on the numbers but I have ranked around 16-20 times, max e of about 8k scan at about 6k. Anyone else having a hard time with finding lepus.

I guess i'll just have to keep going but thought i'd post here to see if people are experiencing similar issues also not a regular forum user so if something like this has been posted recently just provide a link, thanks

Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:45 pm

I've killed thousands of npcs spent tens of thousands of energy and still haven't found any. Pissing me off!

Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:55 pm

detregets wrote:
I've killed thousands of npcs spent tens of thousands of energy and still haven't found any. Pissing me off!

Know how you feel, at least i know i'm not the only one having a hard time. I still have hope though. I found one lepus base very early on but that's about it, 3 total lepus bases in our legion since the event started.

Hoping someone can make any suggestions

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Before you complain, please consider this :

1. The base has a 2000 cloak. Do you have 2000 scan all the time? Sometimes ppl forget to buff scan and as a result cannot find it, no matter how many npc you kill.
2. What rank are you? Player with higher rank loses many NPCs that dilute lower rank pool.
3. What are mission NPCs you have available? Rogue Data Analyzer greatly reduces your chance to scan rarer NPCs. Other mission NPCs also dilute your NPC pool too...

Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:52 pm
Profile WWW

smashed around 5-6k npcs since easter event started, with 2.3k scan, no lepus

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:

1. The base has a 2000 cloak. Do you have 2000 scan all the time? Sometimes ppl forget to buff scan and as a result cannot find it, no matter how many npc you kill.
2. What rank are you? Player with higher rank loses many NPCs that dilute lower rank pool.
3. What are mission NPCs you have available? Rogue Data Analyzer greatly reduces your chance to scan rarer NPCs. Other mission NPCs also dilute your NPC pool too...

Hi asquall,

I had a feeling someone was going to ask these questions.

I have scan on all the time so around 6k for the duration of the whole event
Rank 666 was around about 640-650 when the event started
Mission NPC's I have are Rogue Data Analyzers, Octafari Leviathan and just recently (yesterday) the Silthion drones for the glands.

I am trying to get the missions for the Anayzer or the Leviathans or both done to see if that improves my chances.

Got any tips?

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Johnson wrote:
asquall wrote:

Hi asquall,

Mission NPC's I have are Rogue Data Analyzers, Octafari Leviathan and just recently (yesterday) the Silthion drones for the glands.

I am trying to get the missions for the Anayzer or the Leviathans or both done to see if that improves my chances.

Got any tips?

The last thing to ask is how many NPC you killed since the start of the mission?

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
Johnson wrote:
asquall wrote:

Hi asquall,

Got any tips?

The last thing to ask is how many NPC you killed since the start of the mission?

Not sure on the total number of npc's killed as i didn't make a note of how many i had already killed when the event started

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Rank 1325 7k+ decks almost everything equipped only missions I have are repeatable. Now tell me I'm doing something wrong. He needs to increase the spawn rate its just too low

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm

detregets wrote:

Sorry Detregets, not that you are doing something "wrong", but this just isn't enough to brute force them regardless of RNG.

Try several tens of thousands of NPCs and 100s of thousands of energy.
I have so far found 4 in total after around 30k NPCs... some in legion have found 2 or 3 in less than 2000 :/

I certainly wouldn't complain though if they were less rare.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:22 am

There just needs to be a lot of brute force, like Deigo says. Flush them out with numbers. Unless you are one of those ridiculous people with 2-3 bunnies in just 2,000 NPCs, you're going to need to kill a lot of NPCs and make sure your legionmates are too.

80 ranks -- many purely NPC: 2 Lepus found, but have locked many, many more due to other legionmates actively NPCing.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:57 am

Thanks for the info guys I'm still progressing with trying to get rid of my mission NPC's might not do it before the event finishes though

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:45 am

just found my first Bio-Con Prime, Lepus Base of the season.

EDIT: since this year's lepus event started on 05april:

npc kills start: 34800
npc kills today: 36398

my hunting ratio: 1 lepus npc / 1598

getting rid of mission NPCs (especially the rogue data analyzers) helps immensely. i carried those RDA's thru october, november and part of the december npc hunts before i finally auto.ranked the DtV mission so that i could squeeze a few more gifts out of the season.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:32 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
just found my first Bio-Con Prime, Lepus Base of the season.

EDIT: since this year's lepus event started on 05april:

npc kills start: 34800
npc kills today: 36398

my hunting ratio: 1 lepus npc / 1598

getting rid of mission NPCs (especially the rogue data analyzers) helps immensely. i carried those RDA's thru october, november and part of the december npc hunts before i finally auto.ranked the DtV mission so that i could squeeze a few more gifts out of the season.

How much e is needed to auto rank that mission half way through at the moment?

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Johnson wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

took 2 minutes of searching on the wiki:

Decrypting the Vault: http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _the_Vault

XP Return Ratio: 2.247

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Missions

To auto-rank from a mission, use the following formula:
Energy required to autorank from a mission = (40R + 20)/([Exp ratio of mission] x 1.265)

1.265 = Neural Interface (1.15x) * RSL Memory Implant (1.1x)

Where R = current rank, (40R + 20) being the experience requirement of that rank.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Johnson wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

took 2 minutes of searching on the wiki:

Decrypting the Vault: http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _the_Vault

XP Return Ratio: 2.247

http://galaxylegion.com/wiki/index.php/Missions

To auto-rank from a mission, use the following formula:
Energy required to autorank from a mission = (40R + 20)/([Exp ratio of mission] x 1.265)

1.265 = Neural Interface (1.15x) * RSL Memory Implant (1.1x)

Where R = current rank, (40R + 20) being the experience requirement of that rank.

Thanks for the info senator don't usually look for that info myself so thought it would be easier just to ask, over 10k for me if i did it right

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:39 pm

After 3 days or so of searching my legion mates finds one then about 5 mins later i find one

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:44 pm

im now at the 6-7k kills range, might even get to 8-9k today, none yet so far

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:15 pm
Profile WWW

jdani10 wrote:

Good Luck jdani10 hope you get some. I'm glad I finally found another this definitely seems like the worst seasonal event well for me at least anyway.

I also might as well finish what i started and clear those mission NPC's anyway ready for the next event

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Johnson wrote:
jdani10 wrote:

Good Luck jdani10 hope you get some. I'm glad I finally found another this definitely seems like the worst seasonal event well for me at least anyway.

I also might as well finish what i started and clear those mission NPC's anyway ready for the next event

thanks jhon, got none though my scan was in the right zone, spawn rate was just way to low :(

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]