View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 S.ave O.ur S.hips: The Dwindling Population in The Galaxy 

Deigobene wrote:
Assuming a Monthly Chart might help incentivize PvP more (which I am not sure about but happy to consider), how about this:
Instead of raw kills, raids and hacks, the Monthly chart tracked only Red, Yellow and Blue badges?

why stop at just red yellow and blue ... have a monthly leaderboard for every badge type ;)

heck, have the legions ranked by their number of badges of each type in the last 30 days ... would really help to distinguish some of the legions from each other.

Deigobene wrote:
It could also help prevent some of the more dubious stat padding methods that have allegedly been used in the past by former leaderboarders, such as rumors of multiple ships run solely for specific people to kill.

i disabled and raided someone today who is on the raids leaderboard ... and yet he had zero mods on so i suspect he was repaired by a legion mate. definitely suspected a zombie target. plus there is always the good old ... zero my hacks and i will zero yours. limiting the monthly leaderboards to badges would definitely shake things up !

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 am
Profile WWW

last posts are so off topic, that I wonder why our forum Mod is not acting...
some monthly leader board is good for section Suggestions and has nothing to do with Issue Dwindling population :!:

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:24 pm

Flux wrote:
some monthly leader board is good for section Suggestions and has nothing to do with Issue Dwindling population :!:

Actually the last topic is part of this thread and calls for a solution that SAVES our dwindling population and possibly solve the issue with support, similarly to what other threads here have tried to do. Not giving a solution to an issue makes this thread section pointless and besides that this thread haa come to the point where there our tons of unsolved problems here that are just waiting to be solved and supported.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Ludis wrote:
Flux wrote:

Actually the last topic is part of this thread and calls for a solution that SAVES our dwindling population and possibly solve the issue with support, similarly to what other threads here have tried to do. Not giving a solution to an issue makes this thread section pointless and besides that this thread haa come to the point where there our tons of unsolved problems here that are just waiting to be solved and supported.

negative - the solution is good enough only for "old foxes"
NB Issues are not for making suggestions but raise and issue to be solved by Dan etc. you mixed it up, sir!

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Quote:
Who and what are these "old foxes" you are always going on about?

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
Quote:
Who and what are these "old foxes" you are always going on about?

see here:
viewtopic.php?p=428939#p428939

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 pm

This is all I could find from your link:
Quote:
maybe old foxes will have to accept changes which they might not like unless they reset

Sorry, but I still don't understand.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
This is all I could find from your link:
Quote:
maybe old foxes will have to accept changes which they might not like unless they reset

Sorry, but I still don't understand.

what happens with a game, when the developer is not focusing to fix/solve issues related to new players but create more and more content only in favor of top ranks already ruling the game as the result of the noise they make? would not the game become imbalanced? maybe the new folks give it up.. and we hear in long term only the voice/opinion of those playing long time not caring really about the situation in low ranks?

it was more fun/better when the forum was having more new folks even when they made a lot of mistakes...
the forum is (almost) dead and to same is heading the game unless Dan will start to follow his own plan and let others to adapt... cause most important are not the old customers slowly dying off but the fresh blood = the (missing) thousands of new customers.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:47 pm

OK, I understand. Thank you.

A monthly PVP leaderboard would be more beneficial to new players, though. Especially if PVP/badging is sooooo much easier at low ranks, as some people keep saying. Wouldn't something for all players to strive for that isn't out of your reach for years be good for the game?

Also, while I am indeed worried about the number of players in this game and its future, message board usage in general has been in steep decline for some time. There is no message board I belong to today that wasn't much, much busier 3-4 years ago (and on my long-time boards, they started noticeably declining all the way back in 2006!). People have long been lamenting the death of their "Old Internet Neighborhoods." I wouldn't stress too hard about that; people are still talking, they're just taking the conversation to other media.

Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Quote:
A monthly PVP leaderboard would be more beneficial to new players, though. Especially if PVP/badging is sooooo much easier at low ranks, as some people keep saying. Wouldn't something for all players to strive for that isn't out of your reach for years be good for the game?

Will it really benefit new players? Will their 2k SS & 400E bar hold up to my 100k SS & 18kE bar? If a monthly PVP board were to go in place it should be tiered for ranks to give every skill level a better chance to appear.

Senatus et Populusque Imminente

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Flux wrote:
Ludis wrote:
Flux wrote:

NB Issues are not for making suggestions but raise and issue to be solved by Dan etc. you mixed it up, sir!

The solution is not good enough for only old foxes because Dan can consider the solution and make it good for new people as well because he can.

What's the point of support if it's just issues? He should just call this forum section of the thread just issues because that's all I see here and Dan can't answer all of our problems. There are people out there who want to solve the problem, instead of just moping around bringing out problems without helping him solve them and not coming up with a solution for him to consider.

Besides, this thread, overall can either be placed in the suggestions or issues and support, seeing how far it has gone because this thread could be either one of them, but the OP just decided to put it in issues and support.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:02 am

I say AHA!! All this talk of foxes and PEticks hasn't shown up yet to comment. Ipso facto- his icon is really a weasel!

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:34 am

This is what's so frustrating though - monthly leaderboards would be great, and really spur participation, especially if there were rewards. Not even game-breaking rewards!

Let's say there's brackets for every 500 levels - so like, 1-500, 500-1000, 1000-1500, 1500+

And these categories:
Most PvP kills
Most Raids
Most Hacks
Most NPC Kills
Most Base Damage

Top three in each category win a prize. Only 1 prize per player per month.

Possible brainstorms for prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd place:

50GP/25Gp/10Gp
Quasi/3 Enumeration Crystals/1 terraformer
200 badges/100 badges/50 badges of the type you won (Red/Yellow/Blue/Black/Silver)
Some item/some other item/some other other item

60 players get a prize every month! 1% or so of our DAU's, so not overpowering. Everybody has a chance - low level players can still compete just fine. If freeze rankers are a problem, split up the lower tiers a little more. (1-100, 100-300, 300-500) Maybe have a threshold for each activity that gets you a participation prize (100 pvp kills and you win 250 ctp no matter what) This would encourage people to be active and trying different facets of the game. It'd reward participation, encourage competition, and would scale with level so everyone could play.

Why is this frustating? Because Dan's idea of a fun reward is a 75 cloak-every-2-days-giving turd, so something like this that was actually fun (despite not needing lots of intensive coding) won't ever happen.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9