View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Disappearing stealth screen 

Hey all,

About maybe a year ago, I alerted a planet with a stealth screen for a legionmate. He took it and eventually left the legion. A couple of months ago, I found the planet on my unoccupieds list, and alerted it again today; however, upon colonization, there was no stealth screen on the planet. Is this possible? I thought that the stealth screen was supposed to be a permanent effect

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Re-check the planet. Perm effect don't show immediately upon colonization. You have to close the planet and re-open it.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Your friend reset with that planet still occupied. All effects and structures on the planet still occupied when he reset immediately removed.
Happens with my planet I sold - Toborocain... was a VL toxic with SS, when I suddenly see it in the hand of other guy with no SS :P

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:32 pm
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
Your friend reset with that planet still occupied. All effects and structures on the planet still occupied when he reset immediately removed.
Happens with my planet I sold - Toborocain... was a VL toxic with SS, when I suddenly see it in the hand of other guy with no SS :P

If you abandon a planet, all relevant effects stay on said planet, this applies to traps, abilities activated and planetary effects(permanent and temporary). Have carried out around 15 of these myself and seen at least another 50 or so.

Also, i colonized a player reset Massive 16x Toxic the other day, after doing so... nothing appeared, but when i checked again it had rings/arti's on the planet.

So nothing about the planet should change. If it has then the OP is imo incorrect about the planet being the same one.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks for the replies! The planet is definitely the right one - I remember thinking it was funny that the previous legionmate who colonized it had such a similar IGN to the planet's. I'll message the current holder to check it again in a few hours.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:54 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
If you abandon a planet, all relevant effects stay on said planet, this applies to traps, abilities activated and planetary effects(permanent and temporary). Have carried out around 15 of these myself and seen at least another 50 or so.

Also, i colonized a player reset Massive 16x Toxic the other day, after doing so... nothing appeared, but when i checked again it had rings/arti's on the planet.

So nothing about the planet should change. If it has then the OP is imo incorrect about the planet being the same one.
If a planet is abandoned by resetting, effects can go away. I saw it happen on a VL SS Icy I was in the process of buying and was horrified (planet went unoccupied, new player picked it up a few seconds later -- SS GONE!). Bugged Dan about it, and he confirmed it was no mistake, just what happens when an owner resets.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:56 pm

I can also confirm that when a player resets any planets they occupy will lose their permanent effects.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:

If a planet is abandoned by resetting, effects can go away. I saw it happen on a VL SS Icy I was in the process of buying and was horrified (planet went unoccupied, new player picked it up a few seconds later -- SS GONE!). Bugged Dan about it, and he confirmed it was no mistake, just what happens when an owner resets.

This has ruined my plans. -_-

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Devastation wrote:
This has ruined my plans. -_-
Sorry buddy.

If it makes you feel any better, the CTP I saved from that failed sale went toward artis and planets I picked up from you.

:P

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 pm

kirkeastment wrote:
asquall wrote:

As others said, when you reset, all planets still occupied by you will lose all effects (I think this is to prevent someone apply permanent effects to multiple planets alerted by his friend, then 'mass-abandon' for free by resetting)

So, I can only think of one thing : the massive 16x toxic is abandoned before he reset.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:36 am
Profile WWW

asquall wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:
asquall wrote:

As others said, when you reset, all planets still occupied by you will lose all effects (I think this is to prevent someone apply permanent effects to multiple planets alerted by his friend, then 'mass-abandon' for free by resetting)

So, I can only think of one thing : the massive 16x toxic is abandoned before he reset.

Then how do you explain artifacts being present on planets that are unoccupied? As i stated, the planet still had things like barrier nexus, silthion gas vesicle, dark anti beacon, obviation barriers and other arti's on the planet. I also colonized a planet that was full of storages one time as well. How do those planets come about?

It can't be banned players, because i've scanned planets that belonged to banned players, and they still show as enemy occupied by those players.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:37 am

kirkeastment wrote:
Then how do you explain artifacts being present on planets that are unoccupied? As i stated, the planet still had things like barrier nexus, silthion gas vesicle, dark anti beacon, obviation barriers and other arti's on the planet. I also colonized a planet that was full of storages one time as well. How do those planets come about?

It can't be banned players, because i've scanned planets that belonged to banned players, and they still show as enemy occupied by those players.

They seem to be belonged to players that are removed from the game - maybe they block GL, and the server removed them from the database, without them resetting. I can confirm that resetting while owning a planet will cause all things, effects and structures, to be destroyed.
- Maybe inactive player for 6 months will be removed. Need Dan clarification on this.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:30 am
Profile WWW

Ahh, I see. That's disappointing, but thanks again for the responses ^_^

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:56 pm

asquall wrote:
kirkeastment wrote:

They seem to be belonged to players that are removed from the game - maybe they block GL, and the server removed them from the database, without them resetting. I can confirm that resetting while owning a planet will cause all things, effects and structures, to be destroyed.
- Maybe inactive player for 6 months will be removed. Need Dan clarification on this.

Unless something has been changed recently, it is well known that structures stay when someone resets. Every so often someone will come on the forum asking why a planet they colonized has structures on it already, and that is because the previous owner reset.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Quote:
Unless something has been changed recently, it is well known that structures stay when someone resets. Every so often someone will come on the forum asking why a planet they colonized has structures on it already, and that is because the previous owner reset.
Don't want to split to many hairs, but it is more like structures may stay.

I recall legionmate resetting/quitting and was delighted to find that a nice Terra I FFA'd him was still full of limited Alarri artifacts. It has happened with other planets too... but on at least one other occasion, a planet from a known resetters had no structures. I don't know if it is the amount of time the planet has been abandoned, or some other factor in play, but they don't always reappear.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
Quote:
Don't want to split to many hairs, but it is more like structures may stay.

I recall legionmate resetting/quitting and was delighted to find that a nice Terra I FFA'd him was still full of limited Alarri artifacts. It has happened with other planets too... but on at least one other occasion, a planet from a known resetters had no structures. I don't know if it is the amount of time the planet has been abandoned, or some other factor in play, but they don't always reappear.

Did the structures disappear from a player who reset more recently, and the structures reappear from players who reset longer ago?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Arbiter wrote:
Did the structures disappear from a player who reset more recently, and the structures reappear from players who reset longer ago?
in the case of the structures remaining, I knew the player was resetting, and was planning on colonizing, so it was probably 30 seconds at the most. This was 10-12 months ago.

In the case of structures disappearing, it was a lower rank who reset with an Oceanic I'd given him. I remembered that he had put some nice limited artis on it that he shouldn't have, so I jumped on hoping to extract them then re-FFA the planet. Nothing there, though. Sadness! It could not have been more than 48 hours between him resetting and me hopping on. This was sometime during the Scruuge Event.

In the case of planets having structures while colonized, I obviously don't know when those previous ownerss reset :)

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:43 pm

Pongoloid wrote:
Arbiter wrote:
in the case of the structures remaining, I knew the player was resetting, and was planning on colonizing, so it was probably 30 seconds at the most. This was 10-12 months ago.

In the case of structures disappearing, it was a lower rank who reset with an Oceanic I'd given him. I remembered that he had put some nice limited artis on it that he shouldn't have, so I jumped on hoping to extract them then re-FFA the planet. Nothing there, though. Sadness! It could not have been more than 48 hours between him resetting and me hopping on. This was sometime during the Scruuge Event.

In the case of planets having structures while colonized, I obviously don't know when those previous ownerss reset :)

So it is possible it was changed between 10 months ago and 5 months ago.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Could be. Come to think of it, I haven't colonized a planet with structures on it since before 2013 Scruuge. Didn't think anything of it (cuz it's not like it was a common occurrence anyway), but maybe it was changed?

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:40 pm

Arbiter wrote:
So it is possible it was changed between 10 months ago and 5 months ago.

Not sure if structure and effect persistence are linked, but for effects, I personally observed the effect removal when the owner reset 7 months ago.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next