View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Nanite Re-Assembler Ability not Always Adding 50 Hull 

This is kind of a weird problem. Noticed a few days ago that the numbers weren't adding up when I used the Nanite Re-Assembler's special ability. With hull % mods and existing Nanite Swarm buffs active, I received less than a 70 increase to hull.

Weird.

Did it again a day later and the same thing occurred (received less hull than I should have from the ability).

Tried it yesterday, and made sure NO temporary hull buffs were active, in order to get a better feeling for the situation. Doing it this way, I got 55 or 56. Ah, now that seemed about right. Thought to myself that either Dan fixed the issue, or I had been getting an incorrect number on my display due to the temporary buffs. Problem solved -- I thought.

But then I tried it again today (again with no temp hull buffs), and get like 46 hull from it.

OK, have to ask: is there something screwy with the Re-Assembler? Is the description off, and it gives up to 50 hull, rather than a straight 50 each time? Is there a gremlin in the system? What's going on? Save my hull bonus plz -- that EM is expensive! Thanks!

Will take before and after screenshots (without buff) tomorrow morning to provide an example, though I'm sure it will work just fine as soon as I try to capture it. :P

Fri May 09, 2014 9:45 pm

I have also noticed this.

It's always adding 55 hull with fixer profession and CK69 hull bonus. Something is amiss.

Sat May 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Mine only added 40 when I did it this am

Sat May 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Note: I can't fix bugs, just trying to get some more data to get it fixed sooner.

Did you refresh the game after you used it? Just trying to confirm it isn't just a visual bug; ie hull appearing after refresh?

Sat May 10, 2014 4:04 pm

MrSpock wrote:
Note: I can't fix bugs, just trying to get some more data to get it fixed sooner.

Did you refresh the game after you used it? Just trying to confirm it isn't just a visual bug; ie hull appearing after refresh?
Good questions, but no, it is definitely not a visual bug. I made sure my hull was completely debuffed and took off all hull modules this morning so that nothing could interfere with the Re-Assembly process, and this is what I got:

Exactly 40 more hull, just like Cherie said, which differs from the ability's description:
Quote:
Nanite Re-Assembler
Permanently increases your hull by 50.
Costs 3000 Exotic Matter to use.

At least I know I'm not the only one getting this now. Thought I was losing my ability to math for a couple of days there!

:shock:

Sat May 10, 2014 5:24 pm

I think Dan's made a typo and it's adding 40 each time instead of 50. The variance being caused by any % hull buffs that you have.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Sat May 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Devastation wrote:
I think Dan's made a typo and it's adding 40 each time instead of 50. The variance being caused by any % hull buffs that you have.
Yeah, it is probably just a typo.

Though I hope the typo is in the code itself, and it's meant to give 50 each time.

:P

Sat May 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up. This has been fixed. The ability was adding 40 hull instead of 50.

Sat May 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Thanks, Dan. Much appreciated!

Sat May 10, 2014 7:05 pm

I wonder if you'll get all that extra hull you missed out on? Or a refund on the EM?

Sat May 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Probably not. It's not a huge deal.

Devastation - Rank 1209 - Proud Officer of Imperium of Namalak

Sat May 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Yeah, not worried about it. It's a relatively new item, and things like that happen. Just wanted to see it either labeled properly or working properly.

Sat May 10, 2014 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]