View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dark Pyramid and Zolazin Race Bug 

I just noticed a bug in the game regarding the Zolazin Race.
So, The Zolazin gives 40% bonus to cloak right? Well, the bonus is not being applied if I use a Dark Pyramid.

So my unbuffed cloak WITH Zolazin bonus is 252.
A Dark Pyramid gives 50 more cloak without Zolazin Bonus., so the final cloak when after I use the pyramid(including the 40% bonus on the pyramid) should be

252+ (50*1.40) = 322 right?

Well I'm getting only 302 cloak total.

Here are the screenshots:

WITHOUT DARK PYRAMID:

WITH DARK PYRAMID:

I am protector of the innocent.
I am the light in the darkness.
I am truth.
Ally to good!
Nightmare to you!"

Sat May 31, 2014 4:53 am

Alas, I think that is how they are intended to work. I never use pyramids anymore, but iirc, the bonus is additive; it only gets multiplied if you add a % buff after applying the Dark Pyramid.

If you have 100 cloak and use a Pyramid, you will have 150 cloak (100 + 50).
If you have 100 cloak, use a Stealth Optimizer, then add a pyramid, you will have 180 cloak ((100 * 1.3) + 50)
But if you have 100 cloak, add a pyramid, and THEN use a Stealth Optimizer, you will have 195 cloak ((100 + 50) * 1.3)

(also, if you have a Pyramid on and then change to Zolazin and/or Spy, you'd likely multiply it, since the 1.4 multiplier buff is added *after* the Pyramid buff. Have never tested it, though)

Tachyon Cylinders and Subspace Seekers work the same way -- they merely add +50 and +175 scan on top of whatever you already have on, but can be multiplied by buffs that are applied later.

Sat May 31, 2014 7:06 am

Pongoloid wrote:
Alas, I think that is how they are intended to work. I never use pyramids anymore, but iirc, the bonus is additive; it only gets multiplied if you add a % buff after applying the Dark Pyramid.

If you have 100 cloak and use a Pyramid, you will have 150 cloak (100 + 50).
If you have 100 cloak, use a Stealth Optimizer, then add a pyramid, you will have 180 cloak ((100 * 1.3) + 50)
But if you have 100 cloak, add a pyramid, and THEN use a Stealth Optimizer, you will have 195 cloak ((100 + 50) * 1.3)

(also, if you have a Pyramid on and then change to Zolazin and/or Spy, you'd likely multiply it, since the 1.4 multiplier buff is added *after* the Pyramid buff. Have never tested it, though)

Tachyon Cylinders and Subspace Seekers work the same way -- they merely add +50 and +175 scan on top of whatever you already have on, but can be multiplied by buffs that are applied later.

Exactly right.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Sat May 31, 2014 8:07 am
Profile WWW

and it the same with the Quantum Firewall Trap effect
that one is easy to use to show the difrence

DP before trap = 1 cloak, DP after trap = 62 cloak

Sat May 31, 2014 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]