View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Multi-Hitting? 

I've been multi-hitting people today. At least that's what I hear... Funny thing is I started with 0 Red Badges. I've got 126 Reds now and 165 actions/kills/disables/whathaveyou. Taking into account raids, which I estimated to be in the region of 48 (I have 88 yellows and I thought I had 40 when I started), this works out to be just about perfect, right?

Well... I've had not one, but two people saying that I multi-hit them in the space of the last six hours (though I've only been PvPing for like... Four). One of them started hitting me within a few minutes of me disabling him and mentioned nothing of multi-hitting until the other guy hitting me in retaliation mentioned I'd hit him multiple times. They both started hitting me at about the same time in retaliation, the first one being simply vulgar and the second one explaining their position. Here's my comms:

Could someone explain what might be happening here? I suggested to F U N K, who was rather pleasant to talk to, that maybe I hit a Halcyon of his earlier, moved on, and then found him again on the BT by chance but he didn't confirm that. I've asked TigerAce for a screenshot of the multi-hitting but he was "busy looking for your (my) planets" at the time.

Could it actually be a case of the BT putting players on my tab who I already disabled? Should it, like... Not?

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:45 pm

A very-soon update as F U N K was kind enough to show what was happening.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Happend to me quite few times, its totaly not your fault. If they have bad ship and they repaired, how can you know if you disabled them or not if you hit every "easy disable" target possible for easy badges on BT. Easy solution for them is to not repair... I would zero them if they would even say something that I disabled them more than once while on 1-4h pvp run, they should've not repair.
If they repair they're your targets again on bt if you find them.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

whilst its unlikely to find em 3 times in a row, it can happen, i'm thinking with your actions, you been dissed or raided/hacked yesterday or anything like that?

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:00 pm

TimeLord wrote:
Happend to me quite few times, its totaly not your fault. If they have bad ship and they repaired, how can you know if you disabled them or not if you hit every "easy disable" target possible for easy badges on BT. Easy solution for them is to not repair... I would zero them if they would even say something that I disabled them more than once while on 1-4h pvp run, they should've not repair.

Sounds fair enough to me. TigerAce doesn't seem to be a reasonable human being though, so I doubt telling him that is going to get him to stop hitting me with containment missiles.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:01 pm

bah! I thought i deserved it :p i dont keep track well either. Im newer, started playing in December so ships way stronger. I threw the kitchen sink, we talked it out . No worries!

Im prolly guilty of same thing!

Back to pretending like im working while working on my weak ship :p

Fly Safe!

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Adsibearsawsome wrote:
whilst its unlikely to find em 3 times in a row, it can happen, i'm thinking with your actions, you been dissed or raided/hacked yesterday or anything like that?

I get disabled all the time. Twice a day, easily. I don't keep track of who's hitting me, but I do tend to take a look at their ships and it's never someone lower than me in rank, they're always 1K+. Looking over my battle logs, I did indeed hit some traps on F U N K's ship an entire 3 times. TigerAce only shows up once, about 5 hours ago though. I figured I must have just killed him when he attacked me though, so I am a little confused now.

Redneck_King_of_Funk wrote:
bah! I thought i deserved it :p i dont keep track well either. Im newer, started playing in December so ships way stronger. I threw the kitchen sink, we talked it out . No worries!

Im prolly guilty of same thing!

Back to pretending like im working while working on my weak ship :p

Fly Safe!

You were a great sport about it though and I'm glad you seem to have accepted my apology.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Im relatively aggressive myself. Sometimes same thing happens. After the 3rd, i figure i have to try. Dont mind a disable. So, threw everything i had to let you know ill at least try and fight back! Not much of a whiner. Would rather pick up a stick and try :p

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Seems it's more than just two people... And given that I'd currently need a 5x E:XP ratio to rank up right now I think I'm going to stop. For a few hours, at least. I'd love to get my actions stupidly high, but I might get alerted by every legion in the game.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:32 pm

TimeLord wrote:

Been on both ends of this situation myself as well... disabled twice in under an hour by the same person because a legionmate repaired me while i was away... more often than not I forget to post on somene's comm for badges and have come across names of some i can recall disabling during the same run, hacked to see for sure and sure enough, no blue badge, drop an apology on their comm and move on... As he said above, they shouldn't have repaired, if they do, they're back in the pool of possible targets... either halc up or turn off repair option for legionmates.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:57 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Where are the QSES? AMIRITE??? AMIRITE???Who is "the fly"?!How long can you make this?
Seems pretty normal to me, people like to complain about being hit. No way to know if you multied or not unless you keep track on comms. Ever since I started comm-logging people no one has complained to me of multiing, my best advice is for you to just ignore them

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Malevolentia wrote:
I've been multi-hitting people today. At least that's what I hear... Funny thing is I started with 0 Red Badges. I've got 126 Reds now and 165 actions/kills/disables/whathaveyou. Taking into account raids, which I estimated to be in the region of 48 (I have 88 yellows and I thought I had 40 when I started), this works out to be just about perfect, right?

Well... I've had not one, but two people saying that I multi-hit them in the space of the last six hours (though I've only been PvPing for like... Four). One of them started hitting me within a few minutes of me disabling him and mentioned nothing of multi-hitting until the other guy hitting me in retaliation mentioned I'd hit him multiple times. They both started hitting me at about the same time in retaliation, the first one being simply vulgar and the second one explaining their position. Here's my comms:

Could someone explain what might be happening here? I suggested to F U N K, who was rather pleasant to talk to, that maybe I hit a Halcyon of his earlier, moved on, and then found him again on the BT by chance but he didn't confirm that. I've asked TigerAce for a screenshot of the multi-hitting but he was "busy looking for your (my) planets" at the time.

Could it actually be a case of the BT putting players on my tab who I already disabled? Should it, like... Not?

Personally, I would have killed TigerAce over and over as soon as he called me a fkface lol.
multi hit, no multi hit, I kick the sht out of people who cuss me out on comms, then i alert them to my legion so they can have some fun as well. If he hit back its easy, hes on your logs. If he didnt hit back, I would have searched him out on my bt, you can obviously find him there.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:24 pm

People need to stop being mad over it. when you have like 100+ people on your feed its hard to keep track. When badges 1st came out i had many people crying over it. some times u just kill what you see. You can always tel them , next time not to rep till your finihsed.

I only have like 12 people on my feed and often for get who i hacked.. not sure how yull rember who you have and have not out of the 100+ you can hit.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Really this is a ridiculously easy situation to avoid - leave a comm...

The BT does not prevent players you have disabled in the past 12 hours from showing up again.
Depending on how many people are in your pool at any given time they can be returned straight to your BT as soon as they repair.

So to avoid wasting your energy disabling someone for no badges, invest 5 energy on a comm to let yourself know.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Deigobene wrote:

The BT does not prevent players you have disabled in the past 12 hours from showing up again.
Depending on how many people are in your pool at any given time they can be returned straight to your BT as soon as they repair.

So to avoid wasting your energy disabling someone for no badges, invest 5 energy on a comm to let yourself know.

+1 to this ...

and anyone who blocks my badge comms ?? gets hacks / raids zeroed ;)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

Deigobene wrote:

Pretty much, i gotta agree with that.

You get nothing out of disabling a player for a 2nd time inside that 12 hour window, so may as well save yourself the energy of killing them(which i'll ballpark at 100 energy minimum per person(assuming medium kill/easy kill targets).

At the end of the day, it could mean you don't get cussed at, or it might just mean you don't get alerted and zero'd for 2 days(assuming person is in an active legion that cares).

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:26 pm

For the record, i wasnt complaining. I was hitting back with everything i could muster. He signed my comm asking how long id keep this up and asked what my issue was. Didnt really have an issue, just fighting back :)

No complaints from me. Just sayin.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:35 am

Deigobene wrote:

on 50 targets thats 250 energy, some people rather spend that on a raid and yellow badge. You don't need to be nice or sorry for disables on people in your bt range, cause that is just weird. There is no set rules to pvp by Dan, there is only those "unwroten" ones so kids don't get disabled too often or raided more than once. I belive that once I disabled some one, I can aswell zero his raids and hacks if I want cause no one will stop me, but than some of those kids get angry over a game and try to get "big dogs" from legion on you :P If I want to use inner-bypass on some one else's ship, I use it cause its a part of game and you have ability to use it...

All rules are in your brain trying to prevent you from doing something, made by society... but its very halarious case when those kids get angry over a one disable :D its totaly worth disabling them in first place.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:49 am
Profile WWW

TimeLord wrote:
Deigobene wrote:

on 50 targets thats 250 energy, some people rather spend that on a raid and yellow badge. You don't need to be nice or sorry for disables on people in your bt range, cause that is just weird. There is no set rules to pvp by Dan, there is only those "unwroten" ones so kids don't get disabled too often or raided more than once. I belive that once I disabled some one, I can aswell zero his raids and hacks if I want cause no one will stop me, but than some of those kids get angry over a game and try to get "big dogs" from legion on you :P If I want to use inner-bypass on some one else's ship, I use it cause its a part of game and you have ability to use it...

All rules are in your brain trying to prevent you from doing something, made by society... but its very halarious case when those kids get angry over a one disable :D its totaly worth disabling them in first place.

except you don't get a yellow badge on a person you've already disabled and raided that day....

it doesn't work both ways;

You will argue that the comm energy is better spent getting badges..... except in this case, that comm energy would have saved a person 400-500 energy killing them two/three times each(minus 10 energy for comms left, as he only double/tripled two persons), which could then have been spent killing players he would have obtained badges from.

So basically if your reason for PvP is badges, then leaving comms is such a benefiting factor, that to not do so, is idiotic. If however, your reason for PvP is solely to increase your kills/raid count, then forget the comms and just smash people. :)

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:05 am

kirkeastment wrote:
except you don't get a yellow badge on a person you've already disabled and raided that day....

Some people raid/disable purely for stats on their ship and 1k and 8k medal

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next