View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 We need a little more feedback Dan 

Active players who are a part of the forum point out issues or displeasing aspects of the game.

Some posts clearly take a large amount of time and effort by the poster to help address said issue

We rarely get any feedback regarding whether the issue is actively being addressed or even if their suggestion was seen by ya Dan.
- I understand that it'd be unfeasible to address all issues you're presented with... However if you made a list and put a check next to what you're spending your time and effort on I think it would satisfy the members' concern that their ideas are going unheard. Additionally it'd show that you have an active interest in continuing the longevity of the game. We need more feedback!

Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Now now, let's not say he doesn't give feedback... Technically, he does so by being so unresponsive: Dan's "feedback" is essentially "F. U. , thanks for buying GP"

Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:05 pm

PLURVIOUS wrote:
Dan's "feedback" is essentially "F. U. , thanks for buying GP"

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:19 pm

with comments like that constantly being directed at him , it's no wonder he doesnt make any statements . give the guy a break !!! just enjoy the game

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:57 pm

detregets wrote:
with comments like that constantly being directed at him , it's no wonder he doesnt make any statements . give the guy a break !!! just enjoy the game

This....

It is no wonder he doesn't frequent the forum as much anymore. Stop giving him so much crap and let him get on with the game we all enjoy playing.

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:06 pm

umbongo wrote:
detregets wrote:

This....

It is no wonder he doesn't frequent the forum as much anymore. Stop giving him so much crap and let him get on with the game we all enjoy playing.

My comments to him are not degrading of any sort. In a company setting you promote effective communication with all employees throughout the company's designated chain of command. There is very poor communication between the boss of this game and its users and i feel it's a valid thing to address and not so much a trollfest directed at Dan.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Pennsyltucky wrote:
umbongo wrote:
detregets wrote:

This....

My comments to him are not degrading of any sort. In a company setting you promote effective communication with all employees throughout the company's designated chain of command. There is very poor communication between the boss of this game and its users and i feel it's a valid thing to address and not so much a trollfest directed at Dan.

My comment was more aimed at users like Plurvious and Blahblahblah who just aim crap at Dan.

So long as Dan is working on stuff, which he has told us he is, I am happy with that

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Oh alright I understand your distinction :)

Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:20 pm

yeah, I think dan gets a bad press on the forum because of a few people complaining. The feedback such as him stating whats upcoming is something I think is actualy quite good and while maybe a little more dan player interaction would be good its certainly not the biggest issue facing the game imo. Infact when dans left alone to work on the content, maybe a little nudge in the direction we want from time to time then he does normaly come out with something nice.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:57 pm

The forums are toxic for the most part.

When we have two weeks without new content, you get people complaining about the lack of new content. When new content is released, you get people complaining about it being not nearly as awesome as they imagined ("If it's not 2:1 arti and/or % cloak it is GARBAGE!"). You get people who built their ships through low-activity/poor strategy saying the game "sucks" because they will never be able to catch up to higher-activity/better strategy players. Then you have guys like PLURV who don't seem to exist for any purpose other than to stir up (IMO unfounded) fear about bannings, and to berate and belittle the creator of the game.

I totally agree with your sentiment, Pennsyltucky: there are several issues in this game I would like to see addressed, and it would be great to receive more feedback and progress updates. But would you make frequent appearances in the forums given the current general attitude and environment here?

Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:14 am

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Well, for the record, my complaints are related to Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag, Dan's inability to use a PRNG properly, and data race conditions (facilitates exploitation) with Dan's wonderful math/sorting skills as a distant 4th. These have been problems forever and aren't related to new content. I also don't like the fact that players are acting as moderators, but that's technically a forum issue.

I don't complain that some players have been playing longer or have spent more money than me. There's always going to be someone ahead of me. I maybe (MAYBE) could spend my way into the top 10, but I've already decided I'm not buying any GP unless it's absolutely required for a ship mod or Ally that can't be gotten any other way; no more refills, quasis, towers for ctp, etc.

And if you think my warnings about using the same IP are unfounded, feel free to have your brother, wife, roommate, (or whoever) setup an account. I won't even bother say I told you so.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:38 am

Pongoloid wrote:
The forums are toxic for the most part.

When we have two weeks without new content, you get people complaining about the lack of new content. When new content is released, you get people complaining about it being not nearly as awesome as they imagined ("If it's not 2:1 arti and/or % cloak it is GARBAGE!"). You get people who built their ships through low-activity/poor strategy saying the game "sucks" because they will never be able to catch up to higher-activity/better strategy players. Then you have guys like PLURV who don't seem to exist for any purpose other than to stir up (IMO unfounded) fear about bannings, and to berate and belittle the creator of the game.

I totally agree with your sentiment, Pennsyltucky: there are several issues in this game I would like to see addressed, and it would be great to receive more feedback and progress updates. But would you make frequent appearances in the forums given the current general attitude and environment here?

Good points Pong. For me personally I feel relief when I see Dan posting even a short comment in a members post. The more active we see him the better I think.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]