View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 fix legion missions seriously 

we need a better design on how legion missions are assigned. it seems we keep getting the same missions over and over. in the past couple months time we havent seen a newer mission except maybe once or twice and when we skip we get an even worse mission than the one we had. maybe the skip feature should give an automatic newer mission and not the one u just did. also make the older missions less frequent.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:29 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39713

That's meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:43 pm

i agree i have yet seen Arenas of the Darmos mission yet but yet i seen others so i am assuming your legion just had bad luck we also done the skip feature and hit 1 of the newer missions with the skip so that was also a added bonus i say just keep at it your legion will end up getting them and then it will seem that they will not stop coming

Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:13 pm

I do agree, at times, the randomness does seem odd. We have gotten The Xathe Vortex 6 times in a row (sort of).

We get it, we skip it, do the mission we get from skipping it, get it again, skip it, repeat. It is frustrating but that's just how it works I guess.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:08 pm

ODragon wrote:
I do agree, at times, the randomness does seem odd. We have gotten The Xathe Vortex 6 times in a row (sort of).

We get it, we skip it, do the mission we get from skipping it, get it again, skip it, repeat. It is frustrating but that's just how it works I guess.

You got Xathe Vortex 6 times in a row?

Dan, why you letting people cheat for.... :mrgreen:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Still haven't seen a single one of these new legion missions, yet...

Given that they have made up 50% of the available missions since May 28th (75 days ago - so roughly 25 missions), we get:-

33,554,432:1 odds of this happening (assuming the probability of all missions are equally weighted).

And this is a conservative estimate of the odds - since some of the new missions were available before that date - plus we skipped a few, too.

What gives? Is there some sort of qualification (success ratio, completed tasks) required for the new missions that I'm not aware of, maybe?

Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Our new thing is to get multi chains back to back...

The Cerulean Conlave - High - Medals
The Cerulean Conlave: Diplomatic - High - Medals
The Cerulean Conlave - High - Medals
The Cerulean Conlave: Hostile - High - Medals
Ardyne Sabotage - High - Medals
Incursion into Garith - High - Medals
Ardyne Sabotage - High - Medals
Incursion into Garith - High - Medals

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Kropotkin wrote:
What gives? Is there some sort of qualification (success ratio, completed tasks) required for the new missions that I'm not aware of, maybe?

average rank of the legion might be the missing criteria.

your legion average rank is 276.

at AU, our average rank is 300. we have seen ryelis 3x, but none of the other new ones at all.

any legions with average ranks less than 1000, feel free to post your average rank and whether or not you have seen any of the new legion missions, and if so, which ones.

EDIT:

* Disturbance at Ryelis (first appearance: February 8, 2014)
- lowest legion average rank seen with: 300

* The Ardyne Sabotage (first appearance: February 23, 2014)
- lowest legion average rank seen with: 972

* Carjean: The Heist (first appearance: March 10, 2014)
- lowest legion average rank seen with: 782 (current value for The Dark Side)

* The Cerulean Conclave (first appearance: March 23, 2014)

* The Tenebris Discovery (first appearance: April 10, 2014)
- lowest legion average rank seen with: 376
(current value for The TechnoMages)

* Arenas of the Darmos Games (first appearance: April 22, 2014)
- lowest legion average rank seen with: 535
(current value for Chesterton Royal Academy)

* The Hunt for Mawks (first appearance: May 07, 2014)

* Encounter at Nabai (first appearance: May 28, 2014)
- lowest legion average rank seen with: 1235 (current value for Galactic Paladins)

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:52 am
Profile WWW

Avg Rank 972

We've seen......

The Ardyne Sabotage
Cerulean Conclave
Disturbance at Ryelis
The Hunt for Mawks
The Tenebris Discovery (a LOT)

We've got the Tenebris mission and Galakis, City of Deals both a lot lately

Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:41 am

Kropotkin wrote:

Given that they have made up 50% of the available missions since May 28th (75 days ago - so roughly 25 missions), we get:-

33,554,432:1 odds of this happening (assuming the probability of all missions are equally weighted).

And this is a conservative estimate of the odds - since some of the new missions were available before that date - plus we skipped a few, too.

There may in fact be a variable that reduces the chance of getting the latest set of missions based on average rank or some other factor. These missions are very energy intensive, severely limiting the chances of low rank legions actually completing them.

Oh, and "never tell me the odds."

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:41 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:

any legions with average ranks less than 1000, feel free to post your average rank and whether or not you have seen any of the new legion missions, and if so, which ones.

EDIT:

- lowest legion average rank seen with: 782 (current value for The Dark Side)

- lowest legion average rank seen with: 1235 (current value for Galactic Paladins)

Our last mission at Dysos (current average rank: 651) was Encounter at Nabai, and we've also had the Cerulean Conclave and Ardyne Sabotage. I think we've had Carjean too, but not 100% on that one.

EDIT: Yup, we've had Carjean too. Just found a post I made back in April in the bugs forum.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:15 am

Marvin42 wrote:
Our last mission at Dysos (current average rank: 651) was Encounter at Nabai, and we've also had the Cerulean Conclave and Ardyne Sabotage. I think we've had Carjean too, but not 100% on that one.

EDIT: Yup, we've had Carjean too. Just found a post I made back in April in the bugs forum.

thanks for the info Marvin ... ported the tracking to its own post in the legion sub.forum:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41557

since AU is hovering at an average rank of 300 ... i am almost tempted to bring in a couple of rookies to drop it under 300 and see if that drops out all the 2014 legion missions ...

_____________Image

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:42 am
Profile WWW

Location: Shredding NPCs and fantasizing about natural Dysons in this beefy UFO that I built in my basement
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Kropotkin wrote:

There may in fact be a variable that reduces the chance of getting the latest set of missions based on average rank or some other factor. These missions are very energy intensive, severely limiting the chances of low rank legions actually completing them.

Oh, and "never tell me the odds."

My fearless leader speaks the truth here. Also, there's about a 99% chance that Dan doesn't know how to properly seed and utilize a PRNG.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:25 pm

TWH has seen all but one of the new missions I believe, with several showing up multiple times. I would tend to believe the new missions are weighted somehow to be more recurring than older, but have no solid proof. The average levels suggested to see them isn't a factor as far as I've seen. That MIGHT be a good idea if it were true. Several missions are very hard for smaller legions.

Then again lm are not for all legions. Frankly rng is fickle in life, and in this game even more so. Don't over analyze, just roll with it.
Side thought, Dan has provided means to skip missions now....take this as a $ making ploy or a boon to avoiding bad rng (or rigged rng?). However you do have choices.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:54 pm

senatorhung wrote:
average rank of the legion might be the missing criteria.

Thanks for this, that makes a lot on sense.

juiceman wrote:
TWH has seen all but one of the new missions I believe, with several showing up multiple times. I would tend to believe the new missions are weighted somehow to be more recurring than older, but have no solid proof. The average levels suggested to see them isn't a factor as far as I've seen. That MIGHT be a good idea if it were true. Several missions are very hard for smaller legions.

Actually, I think that the fact your legion has seen several of the new missions (with an avg rank of 797) would support senatorhung's conjecture...

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:31 am

Kro,

You could be right, however the min ave level he has listed would need to be lowered as we have had the cerulean as well and our ave level was even lower at that point.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:18 am

juiceman wrote:
Kro,

You could be right, however the min ave level he has listed would need to be lowered as we have had the cerulean as well and our ave level was even lower at that point.

geez louise. i already said i was updating this in the other separate topic in order not to hijack this one further ... but since some folks are so dam lazy:

so, if you have seen one of these legions and your legion has a lower average rank than the one listed below, please post the legion mission you saw, and your legion average rank IN THE OTHER TOPIC.

* Disturbance at Ryelis (first appearance: February 8, 2014)
(current value for Ancient Untouchables)

- lowest legion average rank seen with: 448
(current value for Purgatory SA)

- lowest legion average rank seen with: 535
(current value for Chesterton Royal Academy)

* The Tenebris Discovery (first appearance: April 10, 2014)
- lowest legion average rank seen with: 376
(current value for The TechnoMages)

* Arenas of the Darmos Games (first appearance: April 22, 2014)
- lowest legion average rank seen with: 470
(current value for NSFW)

* The Hunt for Mawks (first appearance: May 07, 2014)

(current value for Ancient Untouchables)

senatorhung's analysis: ship log showdown !; SSB strategy;
Ancient Untouchables AU Leadership

_____________Image

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:53 am
Profile WWW

Krykon level avg has been 500ish since the release of the new LM's. We had just started doing LM's over the winter. We have gotten every single new mission almost as they have come out at least with in a week anyways. Some of the chains we were not able to progress through as a Legion due to mainly energy constraints. Our issue has been mainly wishing for more of the older LM's for our younger members since the energy requirements are much easier to afford. We just got Foundry of War for the first time in 3 months. Since you need to do it 40times at least for all the needed havoc coils getting it less has made me sad. Getting mostly all the new LM's leaves about half our legion unable to participate. My general wish is kind of similar as what most of the others are here. Some kind of option to choose older LM's that have a 5-10K general energy need or newer ones that have generally a 10-25k energy need. This would help in planning other events for our younger toons so they can experience more of this game on a regular basis.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:33 pm

To my knowledge EotS has never seen the Cerulean Conclave.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:48 pm

Toastar wrote:
To my knowledge EotS has never seen the Cerulean Conclave.

Lords of Infinity have never had the Darmos mission... Fancy a trade?

I did some naughty things, and now they have put me in the Royal Asylum, based in Chesterton

Alumni of the Crimson Lances and Lords of Infinity

Rank 971, Strict SSB,Possibly the jazziest ship in the universe

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next