View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 GL unplayable on IE 11 due to long postbacks from server 

I tested it on 3 laptops and two desktops with different OS versions all having IE 11. As I am a frequent traveler I also tested in different locations and different ISPs - with same results.
GL is barely playable in Internet explorer. Click on receive artifact shipment, the progress bar starts moving than freezes for a minute or two, CPU goes up during this time. Eventually the action succeeds but waiting a minute on a click to finish is a deal-breaker...

Chrome works without a glitch even at the same time while IE freezes the GL page Chrome works. This is definitely not a networking or an ISP issue!

Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:44 am

biogenic wrote:
I tested it on 3 laptops and two desktops with different OS versions all having IE 11. As I am a frequent traveler I also tested in different locations and different ISPs - with same results.
GL is barely playable in Internet explorer. Click on receive artifact shipment, the progress bar starts moving than freezes for a minute or two, CPU goes up during this time. Eventually the action succeeds but waiting a minute on a click to finish is a deal-breaker...

Chrome works without a glitch even at the same time while IE freezes the GL page Chrome works. This is definitely not a networking or an ISP issue!

Sounds like an IE11 issue. Who the hell uses Internet Explorer in this day and age, other than to download another browser?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:16 am

yep.

The Prisoner wrote:
You know something's wrong when the Trade Outpost sub-forum has the most interesting topics

Well it was an ill considered idea in the first place.

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:26 pm

It's not just IE11, all recent editions of IE have had issues dealing with GL.

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 pm
Profile WWW

If you are on a private PC you can afford to be picky but if you are in an enterprise environment the IE is usually the standard browser. Usually the admins prevent you via windows group policy to install an other browser.
Still the issue sounds more like a coding issue than an IE glitch.

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:53 am

I had the same issue starting July 25th after I download some Win 7 OS updates on my desktop. One of the updates that was also installed was Microsoft Silverlight (a web browser plug-in). After I uninstalled it from my computer, GL was running smooth again. Either it was coincidence or Silverlight was causing the issues somehow. My laptop that runs IE9 had no issues from GL during this time.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:05 am

here are the top internet speeds
1. Google chrome
2. Firefox
3. Opera

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:37 am

I used to use Ie for gl before switching to firefox a while back. The planets tab had a horrible problem but I cant remember what it was.

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:09 pm

4. Internet Explore!!!!!

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]